Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

Glad to see you are well and sober. Came back here and saw few posts but had too much on my mind and wanted to share. Work been pretty stressful. I am a business mans and we have invested a lot on expansion was travelling since last 3 days seeing customer potential customers etc. things not great in market. Too bad I am turning to Al but I know it's not a solution. Feeling very low ...

It's not work it's everything ... Al does not help it makes everything worse ... When things are good it does not let me enjoy and when things are not good then it makes me more depressed.

I can't believe I used to meditate regularly used to believe one should live in present moment .... Where there are no worries in past and future but then ..

I don't know y I am posting and I know it does not make any sense.

What's makes me upset is that last one and half of years work result was supposed to come today ... And I am not sure how it came ... Will not next week ...

Not feeling but but wishing you all good....
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, so sorry you're feeling down. But what you say is so right. "When things are good, it (AL) doesn't let you enjoy, and when things are not good, it makes you more depressed.

How can you make changes right now? Can you start living in the moment, practicing the meditation again? If you are drinking, can you quit now, start drinking lots of water to flush yourself out. Return to the toolbox for tips? Start making your plan, R. It's worth it. Take baby steps, and little accomplishments turn into bigger ones.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in...
        Rahul, good to see you....I used to come back into the nest with the very same posts as you. I felt sorry for myself because everyone else could do this and apparently I could not. I was sad, jealous, and in despair. But here's what I finally had to do: I had to make a choice. Live or die. I was either going to drink myself to death, or STOP completely, for me, there was NO MIDDLE ground. I hope that you will make a choice, too....to LIVE! Yes, it boiled right down to that....no more, no less. Either you will spend the rest of your life feeling like this or you will say NO MORE and don't look back. You can do this. I'm in the business community, too, and they will get over the fact that you don't drink, and probably be jealous of it! I know many of my co workers would give anything to be in my shoes. You have tried the other way, now try what has worked for you before and so many others. Quit and STAY quit. You will be so glad you did. It only takes a day or two to change your whole perspective. It is worth it, as you know. Stay close and just do it! All the best, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for your kind words on my 30 day AF milestone. I am feeling great and a truly motivated to reach 60 days AF.

I have been following the posts over the past week and have started to reply to Loveless many times, only to find I delete them as I have nothing positive to add. I truly see a troubled soul that is desperately reaching out for attention. The 134 posts she has done over the past few days suggest that she is desperately seeking help, yet prefers to live in the world of "poor me". I believe tough love is needed for the sake of her child and her life. Desperate times are cause for desperate measures.

Loveless…….

- For the sake of your child, find someone who can take him in the short term. He doesn't need his drunk mother taking care of him. He needs a sober, functioning family.

- Check yourself into detox. You don't need to wait for your doctor appointment. If it is that bad, the hospital will take you immediately.

- We all want to help you, but you have to help yourself….. I am worried you are losing credibility on MWO with a group of people who care and can support you. We all know the story of the boy that cried wolf…… I hope you don't end up like that

- Where is your "live in" boyfriend? He needs to support you immediately. He is also responsible for the safety and well being of your child, so he needs to man up.

- We want to support you in your efforts as you struggle with this, we definitely don't want to belittle you or not trust your credibility.

I am concerned with some of the posts and judgements and i know that I am just as guilty… for that I am truly sorry.

Help us… help you….

Jim
          I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

I posted on loveless's "my story"thread a few days ago about just going to the hospital asap,her taper just didnt seem to be working,i was reluctant to post at all because i know in that fragile state especially while still drinking us alkies tend to get pissed off,i truly hope shes getting help as weve not heard from her in a bit,you guys gotta think too shes still a baby herself,not to make excuses for her but i have 3 daughters around her age and i know how bizarre their actions can be,rahul you were doing so wonderful not to long ago,get back in the saddle
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcoming moon, Byrdie!

Pavati, it's good to know there's someone here to celebrate milestones with. Just think, only 10 more days until we get mooned again.
              Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely said she won't be coming back. I waited for the day to go by to bring it up because I was hoping she would return.
                When the Newbie Nest is one that, as IAS&IC stated, has no Compassion for her, why would she want to return? To top that off, she wrote that she had found somewhere for her son to go, starting tomorrow and SHE got pretty well abused in a manner that made it look as if some of those posting had not even bothered to read Lovely's posts prior to the bashings. She wrote that she had found somewhere for her son and would be going to a supervised detox and THEN she got abused! Truly sickening. I hope she does check in, I hope those that abused her learn from their bullying.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Isty that is very sad to hear as we were/are in the same boat as Love at some stage. No one should be turned away if they are crying out for help and support. A few words of encouragement and support does not take much effort. She was definitely crying out for help and I so hope that she got it and does check in.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. Humble, welcome to MWO and the nest, get yourself comfy. Well done on taking the first steps :welcome::welcome:

Rahul, I have said it before and I'll say it again. You know what you have to do. Do you want to be sober again? Sobriety or drinking and a pity party for one? I know which one I want. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's meant with the best of intentions. Life can be shite sometimes, for everyone Not just alcoholics like us. We have to learn to deal with stuff without drinking, so why not start now? Do it, and the problems don't seem as huge after a few days with a clear head.

Isty, I can understand you being protective of your friend. But I have to say I think you are being a bit harsh. Loveless was offered lots of advice and support here. I really felt for the girl and was supportive of her. However, I can understand some of the frustrations expressed in the nest today. She said she wanted to taper. Then she posted that she had drunk three and a half bottles of wine as well as shots. As an alcoholic, reading that is soul destroying. My immediate thought was 'well, I could never be that bad'. I have been drinking for thirty odd years and pass out after two bottles.

Our own sobriety must come first and I am sorry, but I haven't been posting in the Nest because I am fighting for my sobriety every hour of every day like everyone else here. Loveless was offered help, support, advice, encouragement. If what she says is true, then she was posting drunk, on the site for a huge chunk of the day while drinking, and doing nothing to help herself.

That's not what this site is about. It's about helping and encouraging each other. Not dragging people down along with you. People come on with another day under their belt and feel bad about celebrating it because of stuff like that. I know I did.

I'm Strong, NS, and everyone else, I commend your posts. The Nest has been depressing and negative of late. If someone is not willing to make the effort to help themselves, there is very little anyone can do for them. If she has arranged detox I wish her well. Strange that she chose to stop posting here when questioned on it.

I really do wish her well, but her posts exhausted me and depressed me, simply because she seemed to be so unwilling to do anything that required effort. Getting sober is not easy for any of us. It takes effort, planning and dedication. Itsy, if you are really a friend to her, please make sure she understands that.

On a lighter note, guess what? I've had a fabulous day. 42 days of sobriety can do that. I might be almost (almost but not quite!) financially bankrupt. I'll claw my way back somehow. Thanks to being sober and not allowing myself to sink into the pit of self pity, despair, drinking to alleviate the sense of despair and hopelessness, and as a result sinking further into that pit.

I did not drink today. I will not drink tomorrow. Goodnight Nesters :l
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo?? well said. I hope Loveless gets the help she needs.
                      I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

It seems that I have some sort of malware/adware or some other dam thing on my laptop that is running amok. I am running a scan but sho knows....I hate to pay Microsoft to help me...I am way too attached to this electronic thingy...if anyone knows a PC techy I need help NOW....thingy is called search donkey.....jackass.....yes I am stressed and pissed but will NOT drink over this!!!!
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

All - I agree with you all Winebegone, broken halo!!! I was a little sad reading drunk posts because I am here in the nest for a different reason. I was wondering if the are moderators here to watch for contents. On a brighter side - I am still sober - went to Hot house yoga today - now we are making pizza at home and getting ready to watch a movie!
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE GWAWKers!!!

Happy AF Friday! Excited for the start of another weekend! Hope you are all happy and safe in the Nest! Looking forward to a bright-eyed Saturday morning!!!!
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone. I haven't been visiting the nest much lately. Wasn't strong enough to be of much help so just stayed away. But looking forward to jumping back in, and catching up with everyone. Strong, I am looking forward to the weekend too. Have plans with my sister-in-law tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Still working on a plan for Sunday. But I know it won't involve drinking!! Good to read so many honest and thoughtful posts tonight.
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1588871 wrote: I did not drink today. I will not drink tomorrow. Goodnight Nesters :l
                                Great work broken halo, it really is just one moment and one day at a time :l
                                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                                X