Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Hope everybody had a good and solid AF Friday. Coffee is ready!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Gwawky MAE Nesters!!
      First things first, since I don't see DO's lovely doe ears, I'm going to put out the usual delicious coffee and warm water with lemon juice, honey and cayenne. I have some oatmeal with apples and cinnamon if anyone is interested.

Bhalo, which dress did you choose in the end? Hope you have a wonderful day at the wedding. I'm glad to hear you won't be drinking! So far, for me, every chance I've had to experience a celebration without AL, I've been reassured that I'm on the right track! I really love my new life and the new strengths I'm discovering within myself. It sounds from your posts that you're feeling the same.:l

Willow, I'm so happy to hear you're right back in there with building up your base. ODAT adds up quicker than we think-- and regardless of whether or not we're looking into the future or staying completely in the moment, we ARE strengthened by each day we come through doing what we set out to do. The belief we have in ourselves and our abilities grows each time we make a decision that benefits our well being! It took a couple of weeks for my skin to partially clear up-- definitely better than when I was drinking, but I'm fairly convinced that a lot of it also had to do with my other nutritional choices. Maybe if you don't notice a difference after a couple of weeks, you could look into other things-- diet, skin products, etc..? I hope you have a really nice day. What are your plans? Hows the weather there? We have grey and rainy! But at least not too cold. :h

So I haven't yet read back the past day and half.
      That is my plan for the next hour or so-- after I pour myself another cup o'.
      Hugs to you all..

Comment

Newbies Nest

DO!!! Morning! You're just in time for my 2nd cup!! Thank you dear. Hope you have a super Saturday..

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1588998 wrote: So far, for me, every chance I've had to experience a celebration without AL, I've been reassured that I'm on the right track! I really love my new life and the new strengths I'm discovering within myself.
          Not only knowing that I'm on the right track, Life, but every time I do something "new" without AL, I exercise my AF muscles - those muscles that have nearly atrophied. The more I use them, the stronger they get and the more I can do with them. (And with "I", I mean all of us.)

Yes, it is intimidating to do things without my long-time best buddy, but it is also very liberating to rediscover the real me that had been hidden for so long. I had a really nice evening out last night, and the best part of it was that I realised I could be funny and witty and entertaining (well, I hope so, anyway) without the contents of a bottle or more inside me.

I still missing sharing certain things with AL - like watching the sun go down - but the sun will keep on setting, whether I'm there to watch it or not; it doesn't care whether I have a glass of white wine in my hand or a mug of coffee: it still puts on a beautiful display for me. It's my choice to enjoy it or not. So, I choose to enjoy it - just in a different way. As I see it, it's focussing on what I can have and can do, instead of what I can't.

And Life, you don't perhaps have croissants with cheese for me?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!
            Hey, Dream Think Do, that's a very inspiring post! The concept of exercising the AF muscles is perfect!
            And it's true we get stronger each time we exercise!
            best wishes,
            Steady
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Steady. I know that you bring your own coffee when you visit, but you're welcome to try some of mine, ok?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LC - I'll take the porridge with apple and cinnamon, sounds delicious. Yeah, the skin thing annoys me . At first I thought detox, it's to be expected. Haven't changed my skin products but I have been eating more crisps/sweets to fight cravings so maybe it's that. Weather is sunny but not completely clear - very cold. DH is at work for a bit so I've just done lunch for the kids - they're munching that whilst watching Dora the Explorer. No plans today, apart from watching Return of the Jedi later as it's on TV. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan so really looking forward to that. I think I need to get out more ha ha!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady so wonderful to see you. Bhalo I hope you had a good day yesterday. A highlands wedding. And I would have been really nervous too.
                  It's cooling down here and starting to feel like holiday time. I cleaned the fridge out last night and I am up this early because it's Turkey shopping day. My new daughter is coming with me. Things are going alright here. We are settling into a routine. Both kids are working now. A sober house. It is wonderful to wake up on a Saturday morning and actually feel like carrying out the plans you made during the week.
                  Have a great mae all.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coffee please. All this chatting woke me!!!! One of my DEAREST friends is coming to visit over the holidays - arriving today. Told me he rested his liver in preparation. Exciting stuff planned. ODAT. I'M NOT DRINKING TODAY. There. I said it. I meant it.
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing alright today. Just checking in to let you know I'm dropping my son off at my grandmother's house today and checking myself into the hospital to detox. I do not know really whether or not ill be allowed on the internet or not, so there's a good chance I will not be on here for a week or so. I wish everyone the best and i will be back on when i am finished to start my new AF life.

Take care

- Love
                      ?That's the problem with drinking,
                      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                      ― Charles Bukowski
                      :wings::wings:
                      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Sunny but cold, that's OK.

Lovely, I'm very happy to hear your plan & wish you the very best. Please know that we are behind you 100% & wish you the best this coming week.

I have a hundred things to do today so I'll just get going.
                        Wishing everyone the best possible AF Saturday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,
                          Great posts this morning.

Dave, so good luck on Monday. I know that can be unnerving, so my thoughts are with ya.

DreamThinkDo, lovely post! Thank you!

I was watching something on youtube last night that caught my eyes and ears.
                          The difference between sobriety the first and second year for people. The success rate goes from 20 the first year to a whopping 80 the second year, even after slips. Why is that? Because of the difference in motivation types:

1. At first we are motivated by the pain factor. We want the pain to go away. Well, we all know that pain fades and we forget what it feels like. Kinda like child labor. I can't remember what it felt like, even though I know it was painful.

2. Then the more we get into sobriety, even after slip ups, our motivation changes from pain to growth. Growth motivation sticks with us, therefore, we are more successful. We find a better balance in our lives, we eat better, exercise, find small joys in life, grow spiritually. So that's a long-lasting motivation.

Ok, to all nesters, have a wonderful AF Saturday!
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Its good to hear from you loveless,glad you are taking action! take care and keep us posted when you can
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Lovely, look forward to hearing your progression soon x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Nesters

broken halo;1588983 wrote: Up and about very early for a Saturday here.
                                Me too BH..everyday starts at 6:30 am for me now.. but I sure enjoy having that extra time in the morning.
                                Bah .. you will be fine. Just relax and be yourself. Enjoy the wedding and your fella and fam.

broken halo;1588983 wrote: Dave, only you could make buying a new keyboard sound like a wonderful adventure! I loved reading your post and had a huge smile on my face while doing so.
                                Dottie Belle;1588959 wrote: Dave u crack me up..
                                Well it Was the highlight of my day lol. Im glad it brought a smile to your day..that Was kinda the point

Samstone;1588960 wrote:
                                Dave
                                reading your posts (which I enjoy) it is no wonder you need a new keyboard, that's a lot of dang typing!!
                                Hmm..didnt seem so to me. But this thing is like using a scalpel.

Willow23;1588968 wrote:
                                When does your skin start getting better?!
                                I think it was like a week or so for me. I used to have some serious dark baggie eyes and a weak complexion. Now I just get the morning puffy eyes..but they go away after a shower. Im also a avid Star Wars fan. Just a few weeks ago I went to do a marathon and watch them all only to find out that they somehow are no longer in the DVD collection. I guess its time to get the blue ray complete saga pack.

Glad I hit refresh .. I almost missed your post Loveless. If its anything like where my brother went to years ago they will not let you have access to the net. Then again he couldn't even have a shaving razor. Good luck and we are looking forward to talking to LoveMore in a week or so.

Im just laxing around drinking coffee for the moment but its time to get a few things done. Have a great MAE everyone

Dave.
                                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X