Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I will guys. Being AF is going to have to make me stand in the face of my insecurities. I will have to deal with them, but hopefully I will become a stronger person and even more fun. I think AL has made me try and hide my insecurities to become to 'perfect' person and as a result more serious person.

It's funny - I haven't been myself for a long time even around close friends and family. Always felt like I was covering stuff up.

My new life could possibly start here

What's everyone else's plans tonight?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm going to bed, to read my book. Exciting times eh?!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reading anything exciting?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alright everyone I am leaving now to drop off my son and check myself into detox. Thank you everyone for your support. I should be back in about a week.

Wishing you all the best

- Love
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, like Willow, I'm living on the edge too, tonight: I've my cat and a book to keep me company.
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely, two pieces of good news tonight: Londoner's and yours. Please check in when you'e back, ok?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Bloody hilarious. Saturday night TV is crap so DH is going to watch all his recorded shows that I don't like.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Londoner, great to hear your plan-- you CAN do it! you WILL do it! Have fun!!

I'm also having a really exciting evening hanging out here and possibly watching a film.
                  What are you reading, Willow? I want to know, too. I think I might watch Return of the Jedi-- I don't remember all the one-liners. Do you mean the one with Harrison Ford?
                  Sounds like you had a really full and fun day--

Dottie, I actually don't know how I'm going to celebrate. Let's see, it's on a Friday. Next Friday--I probably will go out for a nice coffee and cake with the kids after school. We never do that, so we will know it's a special day! Are all DH's really like that? I was thinking about trading mine in at some point for a better one.But if they're all like that??

DO! I still have one for you! What about oatmeal tomorrow morning? I'll put toasted sunflower seeds on top!

Hey Humble Rider-- I can't figure out where you are if you're having your first coffee right now--? Sounds like you've got a fantastic day planned! What are you knitting? I'm trying to get my 9 year old to teach me-- she just made a gorgeous hat for her papa for Christmas. I'm so jealous!!

Hi Cat! I love Lucille Ball and Dick Van Dyke-- you must be a hoot.
                  Hi Gambler Dave-- glad you got that fancy new keyboard. It would be terrible if we weren't able to read your dailies! Thank you so much for the Christmas/New Years day count. Very cool..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great news guys! Have a good night in. Alcohol is the temptation as it creates 'entertainment' from nothing. Or the illusion of anyway. God, we can sound so righteous when we're not on the booze.

Loveless Good luck, really wish you well over the next week.

Sounds good Willow. Zombies? Haha.

I'm reading Tyson's autobiography at the moment - good book. I'm also going to start writing a fitness book and generally look to build life over the next couple of months.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1589170 wrote: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
                      Willow, now that is going from the sublime to the ridiculous!:H:H
                      lifechange;1589171 wrote:
                      DO! I still have one for you! What about oatmeal tomorrow morning? I'll put toasted sunflower seeds on top!
                      OK if I stick with the croissants? My wonderful mother is a firm believer in a filling breakfast, and I had my fill of oatmeal as I child. I still don't do any breakfast cereal, in any form.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hell yes - ZOMBIES! Lol. It's funny because it's written pretty much exactly the same as Pride and Prejudice, it's just that the girls are all trained warriors and carry around guns/knives to kill all the zombies that they come across. No pathetic simpering women in this book!

Speaking of zombies, slight change of plan - we have a Walking Dead recorded from last night so going to watch that before going to bed.

LC - yeah, just some great quotes. 'Your overconfidence is your weakness' 'Your faith in your friends is yours!' - ha ha ha. Cannot wait for Episode 7 in 2014. And superhero movies, I'm a fan of the comic book type. I am a total geek!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really, didn't know it was P&P revisited. Could be fun to read - will check with the library. Who's the author?

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1589016 wrote: Not only knowing that I'm on the right track, Life, but every time I do something "new" without AL, I exercise my AF muscles - those muscles that have nearly atrophied. The more I use them, the stronger they get and the more I can do with them. (And with "I", I mean all of us.)

Yes, it is intimidating to do things without my long-time best buddy, but it is also very liberating to rediscover the real me that had been hidden for so long. I had a really nice evening out last night, and the best part of it was that I realised I could be funny and witty and entertaining (well, I hope so, anyway) without the contents of a bottle or more inside me.

I still missing sharing certain things with AL - like watching the sun go down - but the sun will keep on setting, whether I'm there to watch it or not; it doesn't care whether I have a glass of white wine in my hand or a mug of coffee: it still puts on a beautiful display for me. It's my choice to enjoy it or not. So, I choose to enjoy it - just in a different way. As I see it, it's focussing on what I can have and can do, instead of what I can't.

And Life, you don't perhaps have croissants with cheese for me?
                            Dream, I wish you'd consider putting this in the Tool Box! It just sums up the whole journey!!! GREAT JOB!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It says Jane Austen and Seth Grahame Smith. It's the New York Times best seller too.

Londoner, do you box? I'd love to start kickboxing but with DH's crazy hours, I'd never be able to commit to a class.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ladybyrd, now that would be an absolute honour!

Comment

Working...
                                X