Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes, it's primarily an eat too much fest. I believe many Americans are bored with it and we all go to the movies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, mashed potatoes( I hide cauliflower in mine) , football.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang...I lost my post.....

Willow, in my family it is customary to burn the rolls for Thanksgiving!

I used to be a hygienist and sometimes patients would ask my opinion about water piks and various flosses, brushing gizmos and tricks. I'd tell them that anything that goes towards improving your dental health is a plus! Adding layers to improve the situation is positive! Same with AA, if MWO is doing pretty well for you, but you need a little more one on one, I think it's a good idea...in fact, I've seen it help so many! As long as you are making positive steps to recovery, I only see it as a good thing. If I ever felt shaky, by golly my feathered butt would be in a meeting! We all know HOW STRONG the pull of AL can be....we need all the tools we can get! Pull out all the stoppers if necessary (drinking joke).

CWO, great job on Day 2! It's usually an easier day!! Am I true that nothing is harder than Day 1?!! Keep up the great work, we are so glad you're here!

Hope everyone has a safe day in the nest!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1590585 wrote: I true that nothing is harder than Day 1?!! Keep up the great work, we are so glad you're here!
          Byrdie
          As I said the other day, I think I'm the weird one here as I find Day 1, 2 and sometimes 3 the easiest days! For me it definitely gets harder as time goes on so I have to read and post and ramble A LOT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
            Day 23 here. Elvis, arriving early and having something already in hand is a good idea, one that I'll remember. This time though I am riding with the person. I'm just going to be straight up about it, I think. The more I reinforce it with each get together (4 memorial dates a year) the easier it will be.

Congrats, Dave!

CWO, hang in there. The first few days are always rough for me, but that actually helped me get through them this last time. I couldn't help thinking that each rough day was my body telling me to stop and stop now.

Hope everyone has a great AF day. I plan on it!
            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Off to lunch with a gal I used to work with then who knows what...looks like snow is on the way so may just come back home and hide....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All,

Hubs and I are flying out to spend Thanksgiving with family. I feel very anxious. You know, the sickening dread of anxiety. It is anxiety that led me to drink in the first place. And still, I have the thought that just one drink would relax me. Of course, I would never be able to stop at one drink. So I push the thought out of my mind.

And really, I must get back to living. I have not been in communication with most family and friends. I have MWO personal messages that I cannot bring myself to open. I am up against some irrational fear. Alcohol would only make things so much worse.

I hope that those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving have a lovely day. I hope that you will not feel any pressure to drink. I look forward to waking up Friday morning with another day of sobriety to feel happy about.
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

CWO - Good job on getting to day 2. Days 3-4 were always the hardest for me, physically and mentally. But once you barrel through them, it DOES get easier, I promise. I have been to several AA meetings, and I always enjoyed them. Sunshine_GG has a thread and she has recently started attending them, with great success. You may want to read her journal when you get a chance.

It's supposed to rain here on Thursday so I plan to be comfy in the bed with the dogs, good books, and Netflix. Now that's a perfect day! I don't "celebrate" holidays so I have no stress...just a couple relaxing days off!

Hey Byrdie...since you're throwing out dental tips...is there any way to re-build tooth enamel? Just thought I'd try to get some free advice from ya :H

Everyone hang in there and enjoy the next few days. Remember that holidays and weekends aren't tickets to drink, they're just days that you can get through, and enjoy sober!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1590525 wrote: Green bean casserole? I'd eat that, they wouldn't. Sweet potatoes? So is it basically like a big roast dinner?
                    Yes Willow - very much like Sunday roast. (no Bisto in our stuffing!); sweet potatoes, parsnips, brussels . . . squash and pumpkin are traditional, but mostly now it is just pumpkin pie.
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

If I have seen 1 ad including booze/wine today i have seen dozens..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                      I know I am romancing the drink......
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

dear Dottie, stop romancing the drink right this second!! Our next milestone is just around the corner, isn't it? The day after Thanksgiving--you said you're feeling stress about the holiday, but I didn't catch exactly what you're doing. Are there any small changes you can make to make it less stressful for yourself?

I am busy running around getting ready for our upcoming trip!! I am so excited to go to visit my family-- because we only go every two years, it's quite a celebration.. I will be taking my computer so that I can keep in the loop and reach out for support if need be.

A good evening to you all..xoxox

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Today is day 3 and so far i am af but I am struggling today...
                          "Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside."
                          :wings:
                          Sanity: "Minds are like parachutes...Just because you lost yours doesnt mean you can borrow mine."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi CW! What are you up to this afternoon/tonight? What time is it where you are? Are you in the midst of your normal "witching hour"? Is there anything you can do to switch up your normal routine a bit? Keep posting!!! Stay in the moment!!!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

CWO
                              if you're able to, acknowledge that you used to drink but now you just don't need the poison, that you would not drink kerosene which is poison, so why booze? If you can reset your mind from longing for it to looking at it with utter distain, then you're beating that beast back into its cave! Good luck and" good widdance to bad wubbish!" (Elmer Fudd)
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi CWO! Sorry to hear you're struggling. Anything we can help you with?
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X