Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes it is 5 o'clock here. I am sitting watching tv (which in the past i would always have a drink in my hand around now). went to my doctor today and told her that i was trying to quit drinking she prescribed me lorazepam.

I just need to get my mind off al somehow...
    "Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside."
    :wings:
    Sanity: "Minds are like parachutes...Just because you lost yours doesnt mean you can borrow mine."

Comment

Newbies Nest

clockworkorange;1590676 wrote: Yes it is 5 o'clock here. I am sitting watching tv (which in the past i would always have a drink in my hand around now). went to my doctor today and told her that i was trying to quit drinking she prescribed me lorazepam.

I just need to get my mind off al somehow...
      Suggestion: Watch something that is pertains to your quitting or positive thinking or the like. I enjoy Wayne Dyer's DVD's. You may not have anything like that but you might consider having on hand for later. Again, just a thought.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

The first days can be so difficult-- it can be pure war and it's necessary to fight with everything you have. Sometimes it has to be taken minute by minute-- have you read the toolbox? There are some great ideas in there-- Do whatever you have to do NOT to drink. Trust what the "oldies" here are promising, They ARE telling the truth, it does get easier-- earlier for some, later for others, but it does. Give yourself the gift of sobriety..a chance to at least look at things from a different perspective. You can do it!
        Have you eaten something? Do you have some nice AF drinks? Let us know how you are..Your first concern is just this day, Tomorrow you can worry about tomorrow, yeah?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to say goodnight-- I'm dead tired and required to get up EARLY!!
          I'll brew a nice pot of coffee and have something yummy to go with it for all of you-- unless DO beats me to it...

Comment

Newbies Nest

bon nuit LC
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

CWO? 5:00 pm and watching TV are a deadly combination (at least for me). I suggest getting out of the house when the cravings hit in the trigger times. Go for a walk, or the mall or something, but sitting in your favourite chair is probably the worst place to be.

Good luck?. the craving will end
              I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

WBG Where's the super hero costume :H? Nice to "meet" you, by the way!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I thought I look better than a stickman with a cape?.
                  I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                  http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, especially with the shades .

Comment

Newbies Nest

WineBGone;1590683 wrote: CWO? 5:00 pm and watching TV are a deadly combination (at least for me). I suggest getting out of the house when the cravings hit in the trigger times. Go for a walk, or the mall or something, but sitting in your favourite chair is probably the worst place to be.

Good luck?. the craving will end
                      Agree with WBG and this being just an awful trigger 100%! CWO - get up and do something or go eat something, even if it's fattening, just don't put yourself in the position of doing something that you associate with drinking right now. Do you have a dog? They're always game for a hike. Or, clean out a cupboard. Anything, just mix up your routine right now and your cravings will pass quicker than you think once you focus on something else.

Hang in there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do not have a dog but i think i will go make something to eat. Thank you for the support everyone. I will NOT drink today. and tomorrow will be day 4! I may be back later, have a safe and af evening!
                        "Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside."
                        :wings:
                        Sanity: "Minds are like parachutes...Just because you lost yours doesnt mean you can borrow mine."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Take a hot bath, read a good book, go to bed early. Just make it through today.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CW, eating is the silver bullet to this thing...eat until you are FULL (like on Thanksgiving!!) Great suggestions by the group...set yourself on a task and distract yourself! Whatever it takes to get thru this day...heck, go to bed early if all else fails!!!
                            Hang with us, you will NOT regret it!!

Another crazy day at work....glad to see the holiday coming!! Hugs to all, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, we're going to have to install extra supports to hold the nest up with everyone eating like crazy :H Just kidding - I know eating really does help get through those early days

Sobers holidays ROCK everyone - trust me
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello... I don't know if anyone remembers me from a couple of months ago but um trying to make a comeback lol... If u don't then no bother I feel like I could just quietly fester here please. Damn phone making it harder where I used to have my laptop( I broke it in drunken rage). I've been reading a lot and your making me hungry. Ive done so well I thought I was clever, I thought I was fine. I've been soo good. Tonight al has stolen my tomorrow morning. I know that already! But it can fuck off (scuse the French) if it's having Thursday morning as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X