Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MyLuck, dehydration certainly could be an issue.
    Up the water intake & let us know!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

clockworkorange;1590794 wrote: Ok thanks . Oh I bought a new book today called "Drink:The Intimate Relationship Between Women & Alcohol" anyone ever heard of it?
      Hi, CWO

I listened to the author interviewd on The Diane Rehm show and was really impressed. I bet the book will be good, also.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...3-a-81363.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Myluck I get headachy and nauseous when I'm dehydrated. Glad you are having a good day tomorrow. I am protecting my quit like a precious baby. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself.
        Dave I am very happy that you are getting more time with your little ones. This time is so precious, no one should miss it.
        Bhalo you are sounding positive. It always puts a smile on my face when you feel good.
        Tess I am praying for you. I hate anxiety. I have learned a little center and focus breathing trick that reduces mine a little. Just breath in, hold it, repeat center and focus to yourself and breath out slowly. Repeat until you feel calmer. I do that at least 10x 's a day. Especially lately. Have a nice trip sweet lady.
        I am wishing everyone a wonderful af mae.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My Luck, I too have noticed the headaches and have attributed them to dehydration, so I've upped my water intake considerably and that seems to help.

CW and Trinity, thinking about you and wishing for you as smooth a ride as possible in these early days. I used this time to treat myself especially well, kind of like being my own mom and doing the pampering she used to do for me when I was sick, like the set up by the couch with the juice, water, books, crocheting, etc., at hand, my own little sick haven (when I wasn't braving work, that is)

Have a great sleep everyone.
          Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Gwawky MAE, Nesters!!
            Hot coffee, warm water with lemon, cayenne and honey, oatmeal with cinnamon and apples, and toast with peanut butter and jam. It's all I have time for!!!

Trinity!:welcome:back! I remember you.. am very happy to see you back in the Nest.

And CW! Very well done beating the craving to the curve yesterday. That's exactly how it's done.. Did you find the Toolbox? It's a great place to read.

Wishing you all a fabulous AF Wednesday..

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Coffee's ready! LC is on breakfast duty - what are we going to do when she is on holiday? I'm willing to stand in, but my breakfasts aren't nearly as nice as hers:upset:

I woke up to a lovely sunny day, and not 5 minutes later it is all overcast here. Typical Cape weather!

It's Wednesday, Nesters - hang on there and have a lovely AF day!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, how are you today?
                "Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside."
                :wings:
                Sanity: "Minds are like parachutes...Just because you lost yours doesnt mean you can borrow mine."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah, LC, you beat me to the kitchen! Ta for brekkie!

Isn't this site wonderful for telling you to eat and eat and eat?

MyLuck, not drinking enough can you give you a dull headache, so drink enough and then drink some more. I also noticed that when I don't drink enough (water, that is; I certainly drank enough wine in my day:blush, I feel flat and lethargic.

Clock, I used to take a bath so that I could avoid the witching hour. Just distract yourself for a while, the cravings will pass. As Sanchez said, mix up your routines at first; then slowly reintroduce them (except you know which one, though! or find a new routine that works for you)

Trinity, AL may have stolen this morning from you, now grab your life back from him. And French is fine - all languages spoken and understood here. I like your spirit!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Clock! How are YOU today? I've just had my coffee, so bright and breezy and very chattty. Help yourself to coffee and LC's breakfast spread.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I should have said have a good night to those of us in the Pacific time zone. Good morning to all you drinking your coffee right about now!
                      Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all.

I didn't want to just up and leave but I don't think I'll be coming back to MWO. I'll be sticking with staying away from AL for sure - I just think it's very easy to lie on the internet and unfortunately I have a sneaky feeling that someone amongst us is doing just that. If I'm right (and I'm pretty sure I am) I'm kind of pissed off about it. It's a total waste of my time and energy supporting anyone who isn't being entirely truthful.

It's a shame cos there are some really decent folks here and I've enjoyed talking to you. I wish you all well and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow

Why you leave?

There is always going to be a certain percentage of the population that are going to bend the truth - and I have no idea who you are talking about.

I guess if you're past the point of drinking AL, this place has less use. But your experience will help countless others.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, take a deep breathe and reconsider - why should you leave this site because of one person? Do you know about the site's ignore function? You can use it so that you won't even see posts by that person. Just as there are people in the real world who lie to us and hurt us, so you will find people doing the same here, except that I think the liars here are few and far between. The majority of us has one goal, and one goal only - getting sober and staying sober and by doing so, helping others as well. (OK, so that's three goals, but they're all intertwined.) Also remember that we go only according to what we read here - there are no other clues - and it is so easy to misinterpret what somebody else has written.

Do not let one person get between you and being AF. As that wise old Byrdie says: No madda what, no madda who. I know that you have given this a great deal of thought, but think about this a bit more. As I said, please reconsider your decision.

And the Nest will miss you. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not being here wouldn't stop me being AF. I'm not going to 'out' this person either but if I'm right, they know who they are.

I don't mind people relapsing, as long as they're honest about it. I really don't like lying. I know I shouldn't let it bother me considering I don't know you guys in real life, but I find it difficult to help someone if I don't understand where they're coming from because I don't trust a thing they say.

I actually didn't know about the ignore function - maybe that's the answer. It would be a shame to leave completely because I really like talking to most of you guys!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner said it very well.
                                Cwo I am doing fine today. How about you?
                                I am getting ready to start cooking after this small job this morning. Cook, cook, cook. I can honestly say that I am very excited to celebrate an af thanksgiving. The number 1 thing I am thankful for this year is mwo and all of you wonderful people. You are truly a blessing in my life.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X