Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm glad you are here, too, LuckyFlower, and I agree with what you and Sam said.

I think it is because we put ourselves in such a vulnerable place when we post here, it is very easy to get angry or feel hurt and misunderstood. The protective armor that most of us wear day to day generally isn't on here (which is part of why, I think, MWO can work) but it opens us up to pain as well as to healing. Luckily, people here will help you with both if you let them.

:l to you, Broken Halo, for being my friend when I was in need.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, even if you're not celebrating it - any of us with any time AF have a big thing to be thankful for.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1591069 wrote: This person in particular I have spent a lot of time talking to through PM's, so yeah, I take it personally if they're trying to pull the wool over mine (or anyone's) eyes. I don't care whether they're sober or not, like you say, that's their business. Just don't lie about it, it's completely throwing it back in our faces.
      Perhaps PM's can be blocked by options in the USER CP.
      Glad you're sticking around!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Trinity,
        I remember you and your Avatar!! Glad you're back.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1591001 wrote: Londoner said it very well.
          Cwo I am doing fine today. How about you?
          I am getting ready to start cooking after this small job this morning. Cook, cook, cook. I can honestly say that I am very excited to celebrate an af thanksgiving. The number 1 thing I am thankful for this year is mwo and all of you wonderful people. You are truly a blessing in my life.
          LB - Ditto for me on the # 1 thing I am thankful for as well. If I hadn't happened upon MWO one fateful day in August, not sure what would have happened. So, I give my thanks for this web-site and all you spirited people who always take the time to listen and impart your experience and advice.

We are strong people on here and we have a lot at risk if we choose to continue drinking. With lots of different personalities and opinions this site continues to be addicting in itself, often fun and always interesting. Just think how boring this site (and life in general) would be if we all liked and thought the same things.

But we do have one of the most important things in common and we all know what that is! To have the will and desire to kick AL out of our lives forever! It is no good to us or for us. It wreaks havoc on our lives and others lives - even our animals. So sad to say but mine have been victims of my selfishness on occasion which to me is just inexcusable! (I cringe to even admit that) Scenario: It's feeding time for my dogs. They are hungry but there's still good wine to be had and Lord knows I don't want to miss my fair share with these other people hanging around, so I'm going to down my glass faster than normal so I can top it off again. THEN I'll get around to feeding my dogs. Now I ask you - is that not horrendous and selfish behavior? Sickening actually.

It's just awful how there were so many simple tasks I procrastinated to do all because AL was controlling my life. Every day routines were pre-empted or postponed due to that frickin monkey on my back. Well..."Not no more, not no how" (Wizard of Oz).

Anyway - I'm rambling now - happy Thanksgiving everyone whether you celebrate it or not. Peace. :h

~Sanchez

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow - Yes we ARE lucky you are staying...I'm glad you decided to! Try to move past this person, would a "confession" from them make you feel better? I really doubt it. Try to be patient, or if you have to, just block them. Anyway...YAY, I'm glad you're here!

Trinity - What's your plan for today?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Giraffe Congrats on 30..that was the hardest for me....glad u are doing so well!!
              Saw some surveyors behind our house..seems they are going to put a subdivision benind us...100 annoying houses to block our view of the woods...boohiss....may need to buy some trees to put at the back to block the view....drat..
              27 here and I am freezing...I have noticed that I am colder now that I am not drinking....not sure why but I am dressing in more warm clothes these days...
              Just a few errands today. Maybe I will get my sorry self on the treddie later.....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Willow
                There may be spammers. That's the risk we take, but it's a small one. Trust yourself, if it sounds like it, looks like it and smells like it, it's probably bullshit. You know who is genuine. I'm grateful for the support and my relationships here. A gorgeous hangover free morning on the West Coast. Sitting outside (no down coat, hat, gloves, etc) having coffee with dearest friends. Took a quick moment to say I'm still here.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1591118 wrote: Willow - Yes we ARE lucky you are staying...I'm glad you decided to! Try to move past this person, would a "confession" from them make you feel better? I really doubt it. Try to be patient, or if you have to, just block them. Anyway...YAY, I'm glad you're here!
                  I'm glad too K9 - although if you put up 'What Does The Fox Say?' again, I might change my mind ... :H

Yes, an explanation would make me feel better. Not a public one, I don't want to ruin their support network here, but a PM would.

Giraffe, I'm sorry, I didn't say congrats on your 30 days - well done!

Does anyone here watch American Horror Story? The new series Coven is pretty twisted, but it is a great show. It's 5pm here now and I can't wait to get the kids to bed so that DH and I can watch it. I really need to get more into the Allen Carr book too, I find it quite difficult to read compared to Jason Vale.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1591129 wrote: I'm glad too K9 - although if you put up 'What Does The Fox Say?' again, I might change my mind ... :H
                    Oh fine. How about the Banana Phone song? Shall I dig that one up for ya? :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't say I'm familiar with that one ...

Hey, are you in California? Have you been to the Winchester Mystery house? It looks so awesome.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes...I went there years and years ago...I believe it's in San Jose, CA? The story behind it is very weird....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I've been reading about it - the owner sounds like she was a bit eccentric!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good GWAWKY MAE everyone!!

Sanchez, I really liked your post! I am also so thankful for this site and all of you wonderful people. I get so much out of each sentence written, every single day. Really. I look forward to having a few minutes in the morning with my cup of coffee to check in on how you all are-- and in the evenings, same thing with a cup of tea.

Willow, glad you're staying! I feel you are an asset to the Nest-- I love having you here. :l

GIRAFFE! 30 days is great and you should be chuffed!:clapping2: I understand what you're saying about not wanting to be proud. We don't want to start to get cocky and think we've got it whipped. It is important to stay on guard. I guess I'm basically ready for an attack at any time-- Not in a paranoid, anxious sort of way, but I am quietly ready. I'll be happy when I can relax it a bit, but not quite yet!!

Elvis, sounds like you've got a good plan ready to go. I can't remember what AV is, but it sounds terrible and you definitely should NOT listen! Don't let any stupid voices fool you into veering off your path this weekend. There are so many delicious drinks to drink and the feeling of sticking to what you've planned to do is the BEST! You know this, I know...

hugs all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

AV = Alcoholic Voice. That nagging thought in the back of your mind that tells you it's ok to drink. It's persuasive, but it's also pretty easy to defeat once you learn to recognize it. You can tell it to go to hell, or worse, and that shuts it up for a while. It's just a voice in your head, it can't force you to drink.

Yep, not listening to it. Got much better things to do with my time.
                              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excuse me but I need to rant/vent just a little.
                                Dog starts barfing....dh just stands there yelling for me...does he put the dog outside..NO he lets the dog barf 3 more times....does he get paper towels to clean up..NO he waits for me to do it...
                                Poor dog no clue what she ate....but she is sick for sure...making some rice and chicken for her if she feels like eating later. ...
                                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh
                                OK I feel better now..
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X