Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav,

I have just finished the 21 day gratitude challenge.. it really was wonderful and i have saved all the gratitude postings.

I thank you personally for putting me on the gratitude track... so today too I am grateful x
    Thank you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thankful for my husband, my fur babies who are the mostest, bestest fur babies ever, and thankful for 60 days sober.

Safe travels to all and God Bless!
      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving friends! I am thankful for this site and all of you who post here. I am thankful for my sobriety and my family who have always supported me. I am very thankful for this AF life. Have a great AF day!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE!

Today, I'm watching the Macy's parade, then the dog show, then off to yummy dinner with my family. Happy Thanksgiving!
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

A gene mutation for excessive alcohol drinking found - Press Office - Newcastle University

This was posted on a different thread. Most of us knew this I am sure.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Happy Thanksgiving all,
              Watching the parade. A local band is in the parade this year...
              Getting the snacks ready to take. Going to a friends house for dinner later today. She always has a house full of family and friends like us who don't have any local family. We will visit dad tomorrow.
              I am very thankful that I found this place...I hit a major milestone tomorrow and I know that it would not have been possible without all the support here. So good to be able to talk to folks here and know that u all really do understand...thank u ALL.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am thankful for 25 days sober and like you, Dottie Bell, for having found this place. Congrats to all of you on your AF days. Like a few of you, AV showed up tho, when I found out my dh has to work late and can't be here for Thanksgiving with my mom, me, and my brother. But it was just a flash of a craving due to anger and went away quickly, yay.

I'm off to make some cranberry sauce and get the turkey going. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating this holiday today! ��
                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Upside down apple pie.
                  Use cast ion skilled. Brown sugar, pecans, and melted butter. Make a full 2 crusted apple pie, your recipe, on top. After cooking as you normally would, let cool and flip onto pie plate. It's messy and gooey and delicious.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The food sounds delicious and gratitude abounds!
                    I am so happy to be in the presence of all of you honest and courageous people--:l I feel fortunate that I've found the support and somehow the strength to begin to turn my life around. I feel more optimistic than I have in years-- like this life IS possible. We're so lucky to have the opportunity to change.
                    Love and warm wishes to you all--
                    To anyone who might be feeling down, or who is struggling come here first! Don't believe that no good AV! Post, write and get it all out, let us know so that we can help. xoxo

p.s. Dottie, you asked.. I'm living in Germany. So I will be up at the crack of dawn to congratulate you! Hope it went well with your dad tonight..:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks LC maybe I can stay up until Midnight....I say maybe...we can congratulate each other
                      Hope u are having a wonderful day!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Everyone!

I guess now that it's mid-morning here in Australia, those in the Northern Hemisphere are in bed after Thanksgiving. Hope it was a great day.

Little Beagle, your recipes sound delicious! I too am thankful to have a quit buddy who's at the same day count as me. As i tick off each AF day in my diary before going to sleep, i know you are on the same page!

Went for a walk in the fresh (it's quite chilly actually) air this morning. Very thankful to have regained a sense of vitality after quitting Al.

And most thankful for having found the MWO website. I joined up a year or more before I even read or posted. It's a miracle i remembered my password. But when finally i was fed up with fighting all day and every day, i began to read and post. Life's been getting better ever since!

Am experimenting with different milk-shakes. Whey protein powder is fantastic! Give it a try!

love,
                        Steady
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thanksgiving!
                          We spent a good chunk of it in the car. It was a difficult first one without my dad, but it was great to see everyone. Good food and wonderful conversation. Nary a thought of AL!
                          Cat belle, great job on 2 months, you are doing great!!! Major score!!!.
                          :goodtime: :goodtime:

Wishing everyone a safe AF night.. Good job everyone
                          Byrdie!
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah - I'm stuffed :H
                            Everyone left full & happy at 8 pm!
                            My grandson loved his birthday gifts, the turkey turned out great. All went well in Lav-land today & I am grateful but very, very tired

LB, thanks for the apple pie/upside down explanation - sounds wonderful

Cat, CONGRATS on 2 AF months - great!!

Glad everyone is doing OK. Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - happy Thanksgiving to all!!! Just quick stop - was really busy making dinner was still able to manage 5 K. Survived dinner without AL!!!
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am stuffed too...I am getting sleepy......zzzzz brought home leftovers too...so lucky to have good friends like that...
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X