Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

What a wonderful Gwawky Morning (MAE) it is!
    Guess what's for breakfast, DO? Freshly brewed coffee and leftover Pumpkin Pie! and I made some delicious granola bars with dates, roasted nuts and oats, dried cranberries, peanut butter.. I ate almost all of them but saved a couple for this morning. Oh and Vanilla protein smoothies with almond milk, frozen banana and blueberries for Steadfast!

Cat, Congrats on 60 days yesterday!! You are sounding great..:goodjob:

and Dottie, I know you're as excited as I am at reaching this 90 day milestone! I never could have imagined (and wouldn't have dared to jinx myself!) 90 days ago that I could do this-- but one day at a time, it has happened. The support I have found here, checking in each and every day, fighting the fight when necessary and NOT picking up a drink no matter what and no matter who is saving my life!! Thank you all for being here..:h

Now as usual, I have to run off to work! See you later..xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Goodness, LC, you beat me to it again! Thanks for the coffee, and the pumpkin pie. I see lots of leftover turkey and green bean casserole and and and and for breakfast - you fill in the blanks.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Just have a look at all these round figures, Nesters:
      Lifechange 90 days
      Dottie 90 days
      Dryer 80 days
      Myluck 40 days
      Rooni 20 days
      Sam 200 days - he can now post twice on the 100 day thread!
      Impressive, hey?

Hugs and congratulations to everybody who had an AF Thanksgiving. And if you didn't: there's a ladder right next to the wagon, climb back up on it right now, ok?

Have a wonderful AF Friday, everybody!
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you to people who actually remembered me. That's humbling. I am sorry I didn't wish people a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm not up to doing much at the moment. Yes, I do definitely intend to make the most of the silent passing of these seven days, and build on it. I don't want to go back to how I was. I'm not well enough to leave the house at the moment and I hope once I start feeling better I will still find my resolve in there.

I'm so happy, it's SEVEN days! I can't remember the last time, maybe as I'm not well but it's quite a long while I think. But whenever it was really doesn't matter, the main thing is I've done it now! Really pleased! Moss, I will answer your pm when I'm back on my feet.

Happy weekend to all
        ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm up early for an appointment NOT Black Friday shopping

sixtyfour, congrats on your 7 AF days! I hope you stick around with us!

Big CONGRATS to Dottie & LC on 90 AF days - awesome
          Sam, surely your 200 AF days has you feeling like a brand new person - very happy for you!!!!
          Myluck & Rooni, congrats to you both today as well!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Lots of congratulations today. Cat, Lifechange, Dottie, 64, Sam :wave::wave::bananacomputer:
            I hope you enjoy each precious af day as much as I do!!!
            Those granola bars sound wonderful.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 26 here. Yes, congratulations to Cat, Lifechange, Dottie, Sixtyfour, Roonie, Sam, and everyone else not mentioned.
              Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow as Little Beagle said we have a lot people today to congratulate- a Cat, Life change , Dottie, 64, Roonie and Sam. Sorry if I missed somebody
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                  SixtyFour! GREAT JOB on 7 days!!! (Take them however you can get them!) Around here, we reward those kinds of achievements! Nesters, please join me in dropping your pants for a full moon!!

:moon:

You've conquered every day that a week can throw at you and won!! (including a weekend!) So with this kind of confidence under your belt, onwards and upwards!! We are proud of you, too!!! Keep up the great work, we're all right here with you!

Dot Belle and Lifechange, your 90 days is something else, too! I hope you got your tiaras over on the roll call, but here they are again!
                  :crowned: :crowned:

10 more days and you'll hit the lifetime achievement award! (that's what I consider 100 days....I really felt as if I had made it at that point!) Lifechange and Dot, you have checked in every single day and helped countless other people thru the first challenging days. You greet new folks when they come in to the site....MWO is really a better place because of folks like you!

To all the folks racking up big days, keep it up! I was thinking this morning that I have never seen ONE SINGLE person here return to drinking that didn't regret it. Amazing...NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON!!! Now those are odds that I pay attention to! Protect your quit with all you've got!! Like Lil Beagle said, "protect it like it was a little baby!". It is a new life!

Hugs to all today! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hilarious Parody: "What Does the Farmer Say?" [video]

Happy no hangover day after TDAY EVERYBODY? . I know what I am having for lunch!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                      Thanks so much for the lovely award and kind words from everyone. This place has truly been a life saver. I enjoy reading all the posts and helping where/when I can..this has not been easy but so worth it. I can look in the mirror and see ME....not the bleary eyed half asleep old me...I am so glad I found this place.
                      Now onward to the huge 100...LC we can do this!!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Goodness, but the Nest is quiet tonight - just look at Dottie's post time and mine! Is everybody still eating T'giving leftovers?

I was reading one of the other threads earlier today and somebody mentioned that old connection between Friday evenings and having something to drink, when a thunderbolt hit me: I had never even thought of having a drink tonight. Very proud of myself!

Have a lovely AF Friday evening, everybody (or what's left of it). I'm in Saturday already!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good "morning" DTD !

Usually I read the exchanges and breakfast plans of you and Lifechange first thing in the morning and they brighten my day!

Speaking of her, Congratulations on 90 days to Lifechange :goodjob: and Dottie :goodjob:, 2 committed nest dwellers who have been so encouraging to everyone!!! :l. Hope you stick around even after you're old, 100-day ladies very soon.

I hope everyone had a Thanksgiving they can always remember with pride. But if you didn't, please come right back and get plans in place to finish 2013 strong and AF. You'll always be glad you did it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Quiet day - a turkey coma is going around I guess :H :H

I've been busy taking care of small things, nothing major & staying out of trouble
                            I hope everyone has a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

Congratulations LifeChange and Dottie on your 90 days! :goodjob:

And thanks for the smoothie idea, LifeChange, must try that one!

Last night i looked at the "My Story" thread for the first time; thankyou to the individuals who shared their story :thanks: I would try and write my own, but it would be hard to condense it down, and it would end up long and boring!

Make good weekend plans and enjoy sticking to them

love,
                              Steady
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, just heard a death metal version of Banana Phone and thought of you because you posted that link a few pages back. :bananacomputer:

MAE all! Nighttime for me. Staying up late listening to Internet radio and trying to make headway on my collection. Figured I'd check in and see how everyone was doing.
                                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X