Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good MAE, Nesters.
    It's always like this-- can't sleep in on my day off! Now it's because I'm so excited about my upcoming trip and still have so much to do to prepare. Things I unfortunately can't do at 5am.
    So I've made an americano with a splash of milk and have fresh espresso drinks, a nice liver cleansing tea brewing, the usual oatmeal with apples and cinnamon and smoothies with almond milk, frozen bananas and berries and hemp powder-- to get us off on the right foot after over-doing it on T-day!!

Good morning, DO! It's great to realise you haven't thought about AL at a time you surely would have been drinking in the past, isn't it? What are you up to this lovely Saturday?

Good morning Steadfast! I love the My Story section here. I haven't visited in a while. I think if you are at all pulled to tell your story you should, even if you think it's boring! You never know who you might touch and help. And I would guess it could be great therapy. Do you have nice plans for the weekend?

Last night I went out to eat with some co-workers at a Korean restaurant. They all drank, I didn't and it wasn't a big deal! I had so much more fun, knowing and feeling like I was MYSELF. I could stand on two feet, control and back up what I said-- in the past I always spent the ride home and most of the next morning trying to remember
    and worrying about what I had said! ugghhhh.

I hope a lot of people visit the Nest this weekend and let us know how they are! Hope you all have a safe, relaxing weekend. Sunday is the first Advent! Do any of you celebrate? Here it's customary to make an Advent's table wreath with fresh pine and other winter greens, and four beeswax stump candles. On the 1st Sunday you light the first, on the 2nd you light the first plus another and so on. It's beautiful. I never did that before I lived here so I don't know if it's customary in other countries.
    xoxo

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Coffee, leftover buns and turkey, a bit of green bean casserole and some pumpkin pie for breakfast. Yes, and you will eat it. It's a nice, balanced meal. LC will only resume scheduled breakfast service once T'giving leftovers have been gobbled up (pun absolutely intended, apologies to all uhhhm turkeys(?) present.

NoS, Lav, Steady and Elvis, so glad you visited. (No need even to scroll back to remember the names.) Must be that turkey-induced coma Lav mentioned.

Elvis, you will so have left the room permanently if you post that death metal Banana Phone link. I'm too scared to even wonder what it sounds like.

It's a beautiful Saturday here. Quality garden time for me.

Have a laidback AF Saturday, Nesters. (Unless you want a busy AF Saturday - that's also available!)
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're always serving brekkie at the same time, DO! We're all going to get fat here! I can already see the branches beginning to bend slightly..:H Well as long as we don't over do it after 8 pm we should be ok!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning LC. We're fine for today - there are zero kilojoules in leftover food:yay::yay:. Thought you knew that:H?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome! I learn something new every day!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

p.s.
              I just got, Drinking, a Love Story and am really enjoying it so far! She's a good writer and of course I can relate to a great deal of what she's writing about!!

Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1592299 wrote: Awesome! I learn something new every day!!
                Isn't the Nest a wonderful place, LC?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone. So - slip last night. Back on Day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow i will join you on day 1 tomorrow. lets do the journey together. looking forward to it
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definitely Available!

Can anyone recommend any good books? I bought the Allen Carr one but I just cannot get into it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Still freezing cold here but the coffee is hot!

Willow & available, please listen to me for a minute!
                        You both have been around long enough to know that there really are no slips, only choices to drink AL
                        Starting on day 1 again is fine but how many times do you want to put yourselves through this? Why do you decide to drink AL again when you say you want to quit? As long as you leave drinking as an option on the table, you will keep repeating this behavior.
                        The only way I was able to completely stop was to make a strong commitment to do so. For me it was a solemn vow to never choose to drink again. The Tool box is stuffed full of ideas of what you can do instead of drinking.

Greetings to everyone else stopping by today. Have a terrific AF Saturday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. I'm playing with my new tablet today. Yeah. I can finally really see and read everyone's posts. That tiny print was making me go blind!
                          Willow, Available dig deep. I sure had to. :l if I can do it, I know you can.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LB - have fun with the new tablet

Willow, available & anyone else needing some extra help - look at this:

5 Ways To Rewire Your Brain For Meaningful Life Changes
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is a good summary of what is needed, Lav.

Number 4 - Take actions that support your intention - is where being really involved on MWO comes in, I think. Reading and posting here daily help make the goal be realized.

What are your plans to make this quit different, Available and Willow? Sharing them here and getting feedback can really firm them up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav, that's a good read.

NS - I have no idea. I feel a bit lost tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X