Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Overit,
    Crackers and cheese? Ginger Ale? Toast? Soup was a good suggestion too. Peanut butter?

Yeah...WHERE IS DAVE????

Gardner - Glad you're back! Stick close.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see everyone! Settle on in! Here is the butt velcro!! Together we can beat this thing! Where are all our guys? B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow Nesters

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving as much as I did

I kinda sorta just got back from a long overdue marathon time with the boys. They arrived at home on weds night and have been here up until this morning when I dropped them off back at moms. Man..we had such a ( nonstop ) good time. I was going to log in the mornings to say hi while they were asleep but the little one was always awake when I woke up lol ( 6am too ! ) Anyways..I should have poked my little chatter fingers in the Nest for a quicky..but for the most part I had my full attention on just enjoying the time spent.

So on the flip side they are going to be off on the Disney cruise deal for a few weeks now. I think they leave weds .. then they come back on the 15th. After a day overnight here..then a few more days with mom we will be with each other for two weeks..and probably another few days after that too ! WHOOHOO !! Its going to be some extreme gaming for us Ill tell you that much !

More good news is that mom has relaxed a bunch. I am very relieved about this because it was getting a bit out of control there for a few months as you all know. We have agreed on a Divorce decree that I think will work out best for the both of us. Yes..the boys are still going to lose the most but man..what can be done about it ( still the bummer part ) She agreed on that extra alternating overnight tuesday deal.. so its going to play out like this for me. Every Thursdays..Every other weekend ( Friday after work till Monday morning ) Then every Tuesday after work until Wednesday morning following Her weekends. Breaking up that Thursday to Thursday on her weekends has a profound impact on things. No longer will we have to go a full week without spending time. She is going to get the boys when someone from her family comes into town ( mainly her brothers in the Navy that has no control over shore leave ). Basically leaving a modify clause to the schedule without hamper on my part ( I wouldnt do this anyways but it would make her feel better ). So I think I made a good well thought out plan for us. Pretty much everything else is going to be on her side to help her out. She can claim both of them on taxes after this year.. child support I will come up with a % of my pay with a minimum ( in case Im off work or something she will still have $ coming in and I wont fall behind).

Anyways Im a bit long in the post ..got to run.

Thinking of you guys..enjoy your night and talk to you tomorrow

Dave :l
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah!!! Dave is back! Glad you had a good time with your boys.
          Welcome all new and not so new people ( those are welcome back). Today we decorated our Christmas tree - our daughter, my husband and I. I don't remember decorating tree sober, omg! It is fun, I was enjoying it so much. It is so wonderful to live life without AL - create memories and not black outs!
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave, that sounds like a reasonable agreement with plenty of access for both of you. Win win!

Pavati you're rocking it, stick with your plan, it will get easier.

Gardener good to see you back in the nest! You too overit, welcome home!

Just another Monday over here. Christmas lights are up, days are getting shorter but I'm pumped, heading south for the month of January and with a rock solid plan to stay sober!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy to report that I got ice cold water when I got home today! Heading to bed so I can safely say that Day 2 was a success! There is so much activity here that I miss while at work. Wish I could stay connected during the day! :l

I really appreciate the thoughts and suggestions you all have given me on ways to NOT go for the brew when I get home. It means EVERYTHING!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all newcomers and returning folks. Pavati, I had the same intense withdrawal symptoms this last time as you. Plus, I was sweating a lot at night. The anxiety and shame were the worst of it, though. I can say today that I don't want to drink, and in fact that darned AV hasn't been heard for a while now, thank goodness. Day 29 for me, woohoo! Here's hoping to lots more AF days all around this nest.
                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boy it was busy here today

Welcome back Pavati, Overit & Mimi!
                  I hope you are all doing OK & ready to jump on the sober bus with us - plenty of room for everyone
                  I didn't realize that the hardest part of the journey (for most of us) is breaking our old habits & patterns & whipping up the commitment to change our lives for the better ~ forever! BUT, once we figure out how to do that the journey becomes easier. Moderation is just not going to work for the majority of us - let that dream (nightmare) go & make a better life for yourselves without the monkey on your back!

Wishing a safe & cozy night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gardener I am so happy you are back with us. Stick close and this we will win this fight together. :l
                    Overit so glad to see you.
                    Pav I feel the same way you do. Really scared to drink again. The last time was so painful and that last hangover, ugh! I hold that memory close. It really has kept that AV in check. Just remembering how bad I felt made the decision not to drink a no brainer.
                    Humble congratulations in advance 30 days is awesome.
                    Dave so glad to hear from you. We missed you, but I am glad you had such a great time.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 50!!!

MAE Nesters

Gloriously beautiful day in my part of the Nest! Those of you less blessed in the weather department - wait for (my) winter and take a number to get your revenge!

I've made a big pot of coffee, so help yourselves. LC, where's breakfast - I'm starving!

Right, I'm going to have my coffee outside, and then come back to read.

Have a thoroughly good AF Tuesday, Nesters!
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So here I am in newbies nest. Haven't gone to bed since my 3 bottle of wine binge yesterday. Hoping to keep the hangover away by staying awake :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Jane! Now that's a novel hangover cure! Try to drink as much water as you can - well, basically anything that will rehydrate you, and try to eat something.

Stay close!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Jane. Sit tight in the nest, and read, read, read. There is some great advice here. Although I do recommend some sleep if you can. Last night I had so much anxiety that I had to start trying to sleep sitting up with a football game I had already seen on in the background (my DH's idea since that's when he sleeps best).

I am feeling better - got some food and am heading to sleep. Tomorrow is my bi-monthly work from home day so I will get to stay in my PJs and check in here often.

Glad Gamer Dave and I showed back up on the same day - puts me in company and is a good omen for me to succeed. I'm glad to here you had such a good time with your boys.

DTD - 50 days! Awesome. I'll have some of that coffee when you wake up.

Everyone else - thanks so much for the warm welcome and the soft landing. Time for this chick to get real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops. Gambler Dave, although sounds like you're a gamer, too.

And I'm glad to hear*

Don't like the phone posting!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DTD and Pavati
                                I can feel the hangover creeping up on me. Looks like my plan didn't work. Luckily I've got the nest to stay close to :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X