Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Poppy - You are in good company here, look forward to getting to know you.
    "A good garden may have some weeds"
    Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting to come out of the cloud, even have a slight smile on my face. It can only get better from here. Just wish the hot/cold clammy freezing would end. WOW! Do I ever want to go through this again?

Hi Tess, good to see you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I turned to drugs alcohol and food at various times in my life to cope with various stresses. I learned to numb pain, avoid reality and party like a rock star starting when I was about 13. Now I'm 55 and I have the tools for coping. Once I got Al out of the picture I began to like a hot cup of tea, or a long walk, a bath or a funny movie, meditation or some yoga, as ways to cope. It's getting Al out of the equation that starts the rest of the healing process I think.
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

My book finally arrived yesterday, but it was late, so I didn't start it yet. I took a really drunk friend and bought him breakfast this morning. Out of his mind plastered at 8:00 AM, but breakfast and coffee got him coming around. I've found that nothing helps me stay sober more than being around someone who is drunk. Happy to be here amongst you. Planning on sticking around.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good conversations today! Welcome aboard, Poppy and Papa! How am I going to keep you two straight??! At one point, we had a Dot Belle, Belle Girl and Belle! Then we had Broken Halo and Halo! I'll figure it out when it comes to awards time!! We're glad you're here!
            Everyone sounds good! Papa you make a really good point, I really dreaded a lot of the parties that I had to go to, and then when I'm there, I see how pathetic I really was (all under the guise of being 'charming' and 'social') UGG!!! I am so happy to be sober!
            Hope everyone has an easy evening! Jane, how are you doing tonight? Hugs all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1594178 wrote: I am so happy to be sober!
              I wish more people joined the teetotal club! May be in the future it will happen as it did with smoking and now happening with healthy eating.

We would have to reinvent social interactions (for the better)

Have a great evening everybody.

So great to be sober!

Allan
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

At this moment, life isn't worth living. I am sorry to write that but it hurts too much.

I don't see any happiness coming my way, only failure and heartache.
                :hitme:
                Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi - Are you ok? Read back on some old posts here - you will see that people who feel the same way you do somehow made it through and ARE happy. Lav, Byrdie, K-9, NoSugar - they were all in a rut at sometime, too, and now look how they are happily sober. No one is happy all of the time, but it WILL get better. I am very sad right now, but the posts make me optimistic that I will feel better soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi,

it is hard to see the tree tops from the ground. Pavati is right please do read back and you will see that you are not alone and all of us here felt the same way at some point. Those moments define us and now help us remember how bad it used to be and keep us sober.
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi,
                      Please remember that as long as you are breathing, things CAN get better. Nothing is that hopeless. I know it's hard to see that from the bottom of the pit. I've been there. So have many others. But we managed to climb out, and you can too! We can help you do this. Can you explain what's happening right now? Are you drinking? Please be safe and let us know how you are.
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Mimi, I just want you to know that everything is going to be OK.
                        If you are drinking, stop now & get some water & tea in you. Is there anyone nearby that you can call or go see? We are all here for you - please let us know what we can do to support you.
                        We talked about our grandkids a while back - let's talk about them again.

Hello & welcome Poppy, glad you found us. Make a good plan for yourself, check out the Tool box for great ideas.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - use the butt Velcro to help you stay put

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Velcro applied, locked in and glued! I'm FINALLY starting to feel better. Lots on the to-do list tonight.

Good evening.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mim I hope you are okay, thinking of you.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am not drinking. I have drank once in 15 days but that was enough for my husband. 3 glasses of wine and he is gone.

30 years today. Gone in a moment
                              :hitme:
                              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry to hear mim! Be strong and stay on here.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X