Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning my fellow nesters. I'm almost feeling like my sober, happy, rested, focused self. I remember what that feels like now. I also remember, when sober, that I would have thoughts of a drink in the evening and thought "oh no, I do not want that feeling tomorrow AM, YUK, I LOVE waking up ready to rumble!"

Byrdie-I am printing off your post about the stages and where many get stuck. I wonder if that's where I made it too and then fell.

All I know is that TODAY I will not drink. I just have to get through THIS day.

Thinking of all of you today. Please hang in there, it does get better.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Hump Day everyone - just catching up with the posts from this morning, this is a busy place! Glad to see everyone working their quit. Last night was a tough one for me, but I am proud I overcame that monster urge.

Mr. Vervil - Please keep posting, and congrats on 8 days! I've always enjoyed reading your posts and the journey can be a long one, you are a welcome addition here!

LifeChange - Sorry I missed the carrot muffins this morning, had to leave early this AM for work.

Sam - Love your analogy, "now that you get it, don't forget it". Wise words.

Humble - Congratulations on thirty days - that is awesome, wear that hat with pride.

Back off to work, have a great day everyone, will check in this evening.
      "A good garden may have some weeds"
      Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone, just a quick check in. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Melbourne has turned cold again so summer started and ended very quickly. Slept like a log but woke up tired, I know that will pass.

I will be busy at work today but I will not drink. Lav you are so correct about the stress, it is a huge trigger for me and I have to learn to control it. Yesterday instead of reaching for the wine I thought I was glad I was not as bitter and full of anger as the people of had to interact with.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys,

First time on this site, so I thought I'd say hi! Currently coming to the end of day 3 and hopefully this is the last day 3 I'll have to get through!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome minderaser!! Day 3 is fantastic!!! Glad u found us...settle in and take a look around. The link to the tool box is below my signature..lots of great info there.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome MindEraser

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, minderaser. I'm on day three as well.

Struggled when I was coming home. Had a bit of a rubbish day at work. Have resisted alcohol as I know it wouldn't help but ugh. Sitting with unpleasant feelings is unfamiliar and uncomfortable. It's bearable though. I just don't like it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, I know the feeling. Im just going to find something to occupy me for a few hours and then get an early night. Got myself a ton of snack food too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome minderaser - great choice for a name

Crappy days are just crappy days. We do not have to drink because of them, won't change a damn thing, right?
                    Treat yourselves well, doing something nice for yourself that you won't regret tomorrow!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Found this in another blog today:

"If you’re not willing to be brutally honest with yourself about your situation and see it for what it is, if you’re not willing to face your fear, pain and desire, and if you’re not willing to jump in headfirst and get dirty, then your chances of creating big MEANINGFUL changes in your life are dubious at best.

You see, if there’s not enough fear, pain or desire—your reason “why” won’t be big enough.

And when you’ve found it, just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a mother fucking time." Chris McCombs

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Minderaser!! Glad you joined us in the Nest!

YAYYY! HUMBLE!!! Very well done on 30 days!:wd:

There's a lot of really good work going on here-- making and sticking to plans, posting like crazy, accepting the problems we have and finding ways to change, supporting eachother, making jokes, sharing stories. I love this place and I'm so happy to be a part of this group-- as Byrdie once said, "I'm sorry we all have to be here dealing with addiction, but if that's reality, I'm glad to be here, in the company of all of you."-- (or something to that effect.. she said it much better) Anyway, you all catch the drift of what I wanted to say.

Mimi, How are you today? I hope you will check in and let us know how you are.:l from me, too..

I have to hit the hay before I fall over and hit my head!
                        See you all in the a.m. (mine!) for coffee and brekkie-- served all day long!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Mind you have found a good place to be.

Today Day 5 is a funny one for me. Bit anxious for some reason, dont want to drink at all but the AL brain is saying to me that it will be okay. I had a bit chat to myself in the mirror and told myself to wake up!. I dont want to drink, the last thing on my mind but the arguments are at the fore. Even had that thought about Friday drinks. Then thought what was the difference of Friday drinks with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday drinks.

All I know is that i am not drinking today or Friday for that matter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome MindE!! We're glad you're here!
                            Available, Day 5 and 6 are the really rough edges of this....but remember, you've got a MOON coming on Day 7, and you wouldn't want to miss out on that! Hang tough! Distraction is your best friend! Keep your tummy FULL! You got this! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1594670 wrote: Found this in another blog today:

"If you?re not willing to be brutally honest with yourself about your situation and see it for what it is, if you?re not willing to face your fear, pain and desire, and if you?re not willing to jump in headfirst and get dirty, then your chances of creating big MEANINGFUL changes in your life are dubious at best.
                              Love this statement overit! Thanks for posting, it's so so true.....:l
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement Byrd, I dont want a drink, no cravings at all, just that damn voice. I plan on sticking my velcro butt to MWO tonight and at work today also. I undone myself once, I wont do it again. I am going to go for a walk at lunch time to smell the flowers or the pollution whichever comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X