Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, bad night for me got in a huge fight with DH about eating fattening stuff. He was doing so well eating low fat diet that is required for his pancreas - but today he rebelled and ordered out some greesy subs. He was also pretty rude about it, but them I was like - at least he is not drinking? What if ibe day he will do the same with AL???
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am doing a quick check in. Rough day. Found drugs in kids room. Hubby is confrunting them both tonight. Yuck!
      myluck, take it from me fight one fight at a time. ODAAT. That's what keeps me from drinking or going crazy or both.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome MindEraser

Hello Nesters, just checking in, day 4 here, it's been a little rough, but I'll make it.

LB - Sorry for your troubles with the kids, wishing you strength tonight.
        "A good garden may have some weeds"
        Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
          Welcome minderaser and congrats on day 3. This place is a tremendous help, so keep checking in.

Pav yes it feels wonderful to say 'I don't drink' and mean it for a change. Thanks to all for the congrats on the 30 days. I've got my celebration hat on that Byrdie sent my way earlier.

Now it's speech time. As for what I did to get this far in my sobriety this try around (and it had better be my last), here goes. I think there are a few reasons, one of which I am not sure of the origin. I woke up the morning of my first AF day with a strong desire to quit and no desire to continue drinking. In the past I would have conflicting desires, quit, drink, quit, drink, with drinking ultimately winning.

Once I realized I had been given this gift of no conflicting desires, I thought I had better shore up my luck with items from the toolbox, some of which I'd already thought of and others I found here in your posts. Primary to my success thus far in that regard (I think) are the hypnosis tape by Joseph Clough ($2.99) Joseph Clough - Hypnotherapist, Coach and Speaker, the supplements I've been taking, this forum, and my husband's support.

I am grateful for this chance at a normal and healthy life mentally and physically and do not want to sabotage myself. I think of how I want to check the posts here to find out how everyone is and to let you know that I still don't drink. It's a motivator for me. I chose the name HumbleRider with a fun online random adjective + noun generatorRandom Adjective Noun Combination). When it came up, it felt right, since this battle with alcohol has finally and completely humbled me on this ride called life. Before I often thought I was in the driver's seat, and now I know that it was at the wheel the whole time.

Have a great MAE wherever you are, and an AF one at that.
          Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't figure out if my random sweats are from detox, menopause or this silly bag on my head

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am thinking the bag Over.

the woman that abused me yesterday is at it again today. I was told to give her a courtesy call to let her know of her appt time, i refused saying if i had to give courtesy calls to all my patients I would do nothing else and god forbid I want to call someone to be abused. She called again and I yet again refused to speak to her and put her onto my office manager, he can sort it out. No one is making me want to pick up a bottle of wine. When she does come in for her appt I will be going for a coffee or having the day off. I am fragile! I will not let my quit be jeopardised.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Could very well be all three Overit
                Hang in there, stay well hydrated & it will soon pass!

LB & Myluck - sorry you are both having a tough day!
                Please keep your focus on what is good for you & what you have worked so hard to achieve so far. The rest will work itself out, one way or the other :l

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - hang on tight everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad to hear your plan available
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all. how is everyone tonight?
                    ?That's the problem with drinking,
                    If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                    if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                    and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                    ― Charles Bukowski
                    :wings::wings:
                    Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Love, good to see you back, how did it all go?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good. It wasnt easy but good. I have been 11 days sober now and I feel fantastic!
                        ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 complete! Feeling proud. I made a little effort to work on figuring out who I am. Sober for starters. I noticed today that I'm not horrible at chit-chat. I've always hated chit-chat. I'm guessing because I thought I'd give my secret away if someone had the chance to REALLY look at me. Plus I usually have a massive headache from night before. I always thought I was better at chit-chat after a few drinks. Today, I learned that that's not the case at all! I enjoyed conversing and was happy to get to know very nice people I normally would kindly but quickly shuffle by.
                          I'm so happy my head doesn't hurt and my eyes get brighter each day!
                          No physical withdrawals to speak of. More mental... scared and anxious about upcoming events with AL present.
                          Hubs beer still in house but feeling like I've grown out of that temptation. Just totally over it. Doesn't even sound good. For now at least!

I'm reading near everything you guys post. If someone could tell me how to participate in roll call, I'd like to do that. Cut and paste?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless;1594803 wrote: Good. It wasnt easy but good. I have been 11 days sober now and I feel fantastic!
                            Hey Lovely, glad you're back
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Love so very proud of you, you were down but not out obviously. Keep going and keep strong. How is the arthritis going now you are not drinking? I bet your boy is so happy to have his mum 100%.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I still have had some pain and swelling but it has not been nearly as bad since I stopped drinking. and yes my son has definitely noticed that I am now awake all day instead of passing out mid-afternoon. It feels so good to spend time with him sober. i am still not out of the woods yet i have had bad cravings and also my doctor told me my liver was very close to shutting down so I need to let myself recover. If I start drinking again there is a very good chance I would die. everytime I think about drinking I just think about my son and how he would feel if I died. He would probably never forgive me. and then i realize its not worth it. I am going to beat this.
                                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X