Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lav and Grateful - Hope you are cozy and warm! Stay inside!! I live in Western Canada so I'm not a stranger to blizzards. To some extent I enjoy them (when I don't need to go out).
    Hippy - I relate to feeling proud when my illness is not cause by overindulgence. I remember being sick to my stomach and blaming it on the "flu". I was in such denial!
    Allswell - I'm jealous of the farm. Have fun. What a perfect way to keep busy and healthy!

All you Americans - Enjoy your football game!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav,
      We must be pretty close to each other as I am in the north eastern part of Maryland. We definitely aren't getting out any time soon - live out in the country and roads are drifting - 4-wheel drive doesn't even help - oh well, I am 6 days AF (2nd time around after going 18) - trying to make it an AF February! L-Glutamine really seems to be helping a lot as I haven't had any major cravings.

Allswell - great idea about the list - I've started playing the piano again. And hey - does anybody else out there know what an awesome feeling it is to put a move in at night and not pass out before it's over? I can't even begin to tell you how many movies I've only half-watched over the past several years.

Hope everyone has a safe, warm, AF Saturday!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie;802077 wrote: And hey - does anybody else out there know what an awesome feeling it is to put a move in at night and not pass out before it's over?
        Indeed. I still marvel at how clear things are, and how much my concentration has improved. I've watched a lot of movies when I've been drinking, many of which I can't remember a single detail about! In fact, this happened to me last night. I began watching a fairly cheesy made-for-tv movie before bed and realized part way in that I had seen the whole thing before during one of my binges! ops!:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Movies! I've watched a certain movie twice and I still have no clue how it went.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Sounds like it was a pretty good day all around!

Well, I measured only 19 inches of snow - but the drifts were huge!!! Way more than enough for me!
            Grateful - even I couldn't have gotten to Newark today! Took all day to get the driveway cleared with plow & snow blower. Shoveled my way out to the hen house to check on them as well
            Our Swiss Mountain dog had a ball wading through (her) shoulder high drifts!

Fluff, Jolie hope you faired well in the snow today too! Jolie, are your near the college in Northeat?

New Girl, Hippy, Allswell, Jim Beam - hope you are all enjoying your clear-headed weekend

Hey Tranq - what are you doing this weekend?

I'm kinda beat, going to call it a day real soon.
            Wishing everyone a warm & cozy night in the Nest - the night light is on.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Not sure why, but I wasn't able to get on mwo since whenever my last post was. It was acting screwy that night, then I couldn't access it at all. I could go anywhere else on the web except this site. Hmmm.

Glad to see you've all carried on without me. Lav you guys are getting hammered with snow again huh.

Hippy!!!!!! 30 days!!!! Yay!!!!! That is truly wonderful. Wooooo!!! Way to go.

Fluff - still rolling along. That's great. Everyone - I'm going to have to get caught up on the threads.

AW - nice idea with the list. Since my drinking has been under control, it's been a lot easier to run and workout. I just have more time and more patience for things I've always enjoyed. My golf swing is improving. I can pick up a guitar and play something coherent again. I've even been figuring out tunes that I could never learn in the past. And I've been writing a little. Most of all, I've been meeting new people, and making new friends, and have become partial to people with a healthy or no relationship with al.

Jolie - I know what you're saying about movies too. I've missed a ton of them - but now I'm rarely sitting still long enough to watch a movie. It's great to have a lot of energy to keep doing things I enjoy doing. Since I live alone, and don't 'answer' to anyone - I realized that my happiness doesn't depend on anyone or anything else. I have no one to blame except me if I'm not having fun.

Glad I've found my way back!

Take care all!
              tw
              Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

My Swiss Mountain Dog Max enjoying today's snow!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1152026=5487-attachment.jpg[/img]
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 13-for Fluff. It's cold, windy, and my driveway is covered with snow again because of the wind. Woke up with a tinge of a headache yesterday and today- wondering if it's this low-carb diet I'm on. Husband drank like a fish last night-it just is so disgusting to watch him go from a normal person into slurring his words and acting goofy. I turned in around 9:30 -couldn't stand to see him like that.
                  Anyway, hope everyone has a sober day and enjoy the SuperBowl-if planning on watching that! I'll root for the Saint's -even though they're not a NY team-just rooting for the underdog.
                  Luv, Fluff
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Fluff - good for you on your 13 days
                    Sorry that your husband is behaving like that.........mine is annoying whether he's drinking or not

Great to see the sun today after yesterday's blizzard - hoping for the melting to begin!
                    Enjoy the SuperBowl if you watch......I'll be doing other stuff

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Welcome back tranq - that's really weird about not being able to log on but glad it's fixed. We are getting "dug out" as we speak. Lav - I live in "North East" Maryland so if you mean U of D, it is probably about 25 minutes from my house. Small world - huh?

Watched 2 movies last night and I remember them both. Great feeling. My cold seems to be on the way out but woke up with a bad headache this morning. Not sure what the cause is (although I know there is one thing I can definitely rule out!) Getting ready to make all kinds of good eats for the superbowl tonight. Can't tell you all how much I'm looking forward to watching the whole game, including halftime and all the commercials. tomorrow - if I can get out to work, I will have NO PROBLEM discussing all of it with my co workers - no AL haze to dull my memory.

Thanks to all of you who have helped so far - I know I'm a long way from being okay but I feel like I'm walking in the right direction and I'm truly taking it one day at a time. MWO is a real life saver.

Hope everyone has a teriffic Sunday. Anyone ever heard the song "Cry out to Jesus" by Third Day? If you get a chance, take a listen - even if you don't consider your self religious, the lyrics are great and very inspirational.

Go Saints!! (since the Ravens won't be there and we got beat by the Colts . . .)

Jolie
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Muppett;520445 wrote: I've just slunk into the "nest". It just sounded so inviting and SAFE.
                        Just going to tuckie myself up in a little corner, observe, sip my wine........except Mondays when I will be a/f. (as I was last Monday for the first time I can remember). Just going to enjoy a safe place.

Please, if anyone else here is as scared as I was going A/F for just one night, talk to me. I have the willpower of a gnat so if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Thank you for providing a nest.

Love Muppett (in OZ but really a KIWI)
                        I'm scared too, just need to clean up my act, and finally realized I cant do it alone

Comment

Newbies Nest

no one can do it alone, right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just ordered book, supplements and going to start on Ash Wednesday. I figure Lent being a good place to start and won't have to explain myself to much. And it lasts for 40 days!
                            A new beginning 2/16/10

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope everyone is doing well and not too many people were impacted by this blizzard around the Washington DC/Maryland area I keep hearing about. Day 22 for me. Last night was quite tough, but I white-knuckled my way through. I'm looking forward to being able to report next week that I have surpassed my previous longest AF run of 26 days. Tonight will pose somewhat of a test, as I'm going out to dinner, but fortunately not with big drinkers so no eyebrows will be raised when I refuse participating in wine/cocktails. Wishing everyone a productive, AF-free week.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

Joile - I was actually talking about Cecil College in Northeast - real small world - huh?
                                Mr Lav is the Director of Security & Safety there - some retirement job! At least it keeps him out of my hair

Welcome GotToQuit, rediscover & LCC - great to have you here
                                Find yourselves a comfy twig & settle in with us!
                                A little support and/or guidance in the beginning can really go a long way. I will tell you all that making a good plan for yourselves will really help you out. If you haven't already look in the Tool box (Located in the Monthly Abstinence section), it's full of good ideas. I also highly recommend the Hypnotherapy CDs - very helpful, especially in the beginning. Please make a habit of checking in once or twice a day - stay connected & if you have questions, please just ask!

JimBeam, glad to see you are hanging in - you're sure to beat your old record
                                Take a dose of 'Lavan-itude' before you go out to dinner - a little goes a lomg way!
                                Today is digging out day - but at least the sun is out. Heard we're in for more snow Tues/Wed. - yikes!!

I'll be back later....
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X