Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I hope he is safe, one less thing for you to worry about as as women we have a tendency to worry a lot about others. Glad you are determined ML and you need to be strong for you. Has it been 20 years of depriving him of his rights? My ex told me i nagged to much and i thought "i will give you nag, you have not seen anything yet". I called it asking for help, he preferred to have a beer and a cone and play xbox.

I think we have all been in denial about drinking and he will probably have to hit rock bottom before he realises you were right. I wonder if he will ever admit it to you.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Being cooped up with dh for several days is starting to drive me NUTS!!!!
      Good thing there is no wine in the house....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I too used to watch intervention while I was drinking/getting high and thinking "at least im not that bad" but I was just kidding myself, now I cant even watch those types of shows anymore because they make me depressed....
        ?That's the problem with drinking,
        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
        ― Charles Bukowski
        :wings::wings:
        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am not even sure anymore - was I supposed to submiss to drinking to save marriage and not be alone?...I am so confused. Horrible horrible evening
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

ML you dont need to dismiss his drinking at all. You care about him and obviously dont want him to get ill. It takes two to save a marriage. My ex was incognito for 17 years and when i finally told him i was done he then wanted to change. A bit late for that as i had been "nagging" for 17 years. Lonely is hard but you get used to it after awhile. I love my dogs! I am so sorry you are hurting but see what happens tomorrow. It would be nice if we had an "on/off" switch to our thinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, My Luck-

Both of my sisters married alcoholics/addicts who wouldn't get help and they are both got a lot of support from al anon. One went to meetings and another read Codependent No More. I agree that you have to take care of yourself first, but I know that is so much more easily said than done. I am so sorry for what you are going through and am very impressed by your stalwart sobriety - no thing and no body will get in your way. The good news is that sober you will be able to cope and make decisions much better. (insert emojii hug!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nesters ( hey..another anagram .. HFN )

Welp Im not going to write too much as the site is being a tad touchy right now for me. I posted a minute ago and then it took forever to get to this post screen. Im not even sure this is going to make it to the boards honestly lol.

Anyways Im real tired from grinding all day anyhow so I think I just might snuggle in bed to a good flick or play a vid game ( I got into this game called Skyrim..real fun but its real in depth )

So you guys enjoy the rest of the night and have a wonderful weekend. Im sure looking forward to my Sunday post

Nighty night all..

Dave.

*crosses fingers and hits submit reply*
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I am sorry Myluck!
                  I hope after he has a few days on his own he will come to his senses & return.
                  My husband is not a big drinker, his father was an alcoholic. But that didn't make his weird behavior any easier to deal with. He chose to run out of here more than a year after I stopped drinking AT him. That was 3 1/2 years ago just prior to our 37th anniversary. I just think he went nuts Hang onto your quit, no matter what your husband does, you won't be sorry. We are all here for you!

We all have history/experience in finding reasons to drink. Now we have to find reasons not to drink. You may not realize it right now but it is always the best choice - just don't drink

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest.
                  LC, wishing you a safe & wonderful AF trip & we will be waiting for your return

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're here for you MyLuck. Lovely- I used to do the same thing!
                    I rocked my volunteerism tonight and soooo tired. I thought tonight-- So this is what it feels like to be tired. Not drunk tired or hungover tired but ME tired!! It feels awesome to be ME tired!
                    Night night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE folks, from another drunk intervention watcher.

More and Gottaquit - LOTS of liquids, vitamins, food and reading here helped me get through the VERY hard first two days I just had.

LC - I think I missed you, but if you happen to see this, congratulations on your 100 days and happy birthday. I'm sure you'll have a great trip and we can't wait to see you back here with stories from your adventures.

Olga - Maybe try to get yourself in the mood in another way? Have you read 50 Shades of Grey?? After my friend read the first three books her husband was out trying to find number 4! :xxx:

I had a Day 5 that was crazy busy and full of surprises. I talked with my counselor on the phone for a session - one of the things we talked about was building your sober muscles each time you work through a craving, and say I do not drink (Hm, Byrd, Lav, have you been talking to my therapist??). Then I took my son and his friends out for too much Chinese food and am now home in my PJs saying hi to my friends on MWO. It was a lovely day, and, in the words of AClass - I am happy to be ME tired. I'll drink some tea, hit the hay and wake up with a clear head.

I am honestly grateful and relieved to be sober today. Thank you all who are helping me stay that way. It is so much better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

LC, missed your post last night - the coffee courier should be tapping on your plane window just now. Have a lovely visit, happy birthday, congrats on Day 100, and talk to us when you're back.

Right, LC's coffee delivery is sorted, here's the Nest coffee: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: To the really new Newbies: the coffee here is always fresh and hot, and comes just the way you like it. Help yourself.

Nesters, have a Super AF Saturday!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Day 7 here and a very productive day i must say. My daughter came to visit while i was out shopping and when i came home she said she had nothing to do as the house was clean. Definitely felt a sense of achievement.

I watched "Flight" and loved it. Denzel played the part so well and when he said he could not tell one more lie, i cried. Its how I think we all feel when we are at our lowest and sick of AL.

Any more movies i can watch would be most appreciated.

I hope everyone in the nest has done well today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ahhhh, conflicted. Thought I'd come here then.

Day had taken a twist and am going to be out at a sports game today, which means the lads and lots of booze around.

I want to go, fed up of being locked up indoors.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well. I am 18 hours sober! The world looks different. Glad you watched the movuw available, I ended up watching Smashed after as could not sleep and that too was really good.
                              I am new here, forgive my outburst and lack of introduction but I reckon just jump right in there!!
                              Happy Saturday to you all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lots of new faces! I spend the evening making chocolates and look what all I miss.
                                Myluck sorry about hubby doing that. I am sending hugs your way.:l:l
                                Available good going. First week down. Yeah!!!!:wave:
                                I'm off to Wally world for more chocolate supplies. Working on chocolate covered cherries today. And those turtles. Customer appreciation boxes is what all the final result will be.
                                Have a great MAE all.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X