Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, sorry I had to take a wee sabbatical for a few days but I am back and feeling a good bit better, so I guess you all have to put up with me again. On the health front, the pills the doc gave me did not agree with me at all. I'll spare the gory details, but things are a bit better now.

The good news is I did not drink. I was very low and in a very bad place but I knew that drinking would only make it ten times worse. Sometimes I really wanted to, just to blot everything out, but somehow I didn't and I am very thankful for that. Maybe my 'higher power' was looking out for me, even though I haven't quite figured out who or what that is yet!

I have lost track of my number of days now. I could nip over to the roll call thread I suppose, but right now I am just glad and grateful to still be sober after all this. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. Thank you for the PM's, the good wishes, and the hugs, all very much appreciated. :l
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and having a wonderful M/A/E !

I am on day 17 today! :h I have been struggling alot these past couple days but I am never giving in.

Took my son to the mall today to sit with santa claus and get his picture taken. It was so nice to be able to go do something like that together with my son and actually be sober for it and be able to remember it later. Anytime I struggle in the future with a glass of wine sitting in front of me like happened the other day (which after staring at it and thinking for a while i dumped out after coming on here and getting support) i will just remember how good these moments and memories feel and how it would make my son feel if i started again. i do not know how much he really knew about my drinking but he has definitely noticed a difference since ive been sober. hes even said "mommy how come you dont shake now?" It broke my heart. I will not give into this horrible drug! for myself, my health and definitely my son! :h

Hope everyone is having a great AF day!

-Love xox
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH, so good to see you here again!!!:l:l Have you seen this thread: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ety-87985.html - you may just find what you're looking for.

Dottie, hope you feel better soon; the irregular heart beat scares me though - it's not a cough that will go away on its own.

Olga, any job with such a long commute is stressful - even if you have easiest job in the world when you get to your desk. I was going to suggest doing something that you love on a part-time basis to build up a client list, but where on earth are you going to find the time for it? I really do hope something turn up closer to where you live.

Lola, there's no need to be apologetic about not checking in regularly - do it when you can. The one thing I've learnt here is to be selfish in protecting your quit - and that is exactly what you are doing.

Humble, Pav, Avail, Dave and everybody else - have a lovely what's left of Tuesday!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely - Xpost - you're doing so well - proud of you. There is a world of difference between the pre- and post-rehab Lovely. Every day AF makes you stronger and healthier, so keep on keeping on.:l:l
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I realise I need to learn about myself and alcohol does not let me do that. It is a cop out.

I am starting to question things more.

This article made a lot of sense to me.

Why Do Introverts Drink Alcohol? - Rekindle Life

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon friends,

Lola, I used to spend alot of time online when I was drinking too! When I quit, it was one of the things I wanted to change too. I try to set guidelines now to make the time spent more meaningful and less wasteful, but I find that overall I spend quite a bit less time online than before quitting.

BH, it's great to see you feeling better!

Lovely, that is a poignant story about visiting Santa with your son. I have a little one too. I think they really need us to be this way. What a beautiful reason to help you persevere. We know that this is the right way in our hearts. Just take the option and the glass off the table.

Great to see everyone here today! Have a great AF day!
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well MAE everyone.

Off to work I go today, my anxiety levels are quite high, I just have to deal with this office manager of mine, he has done my head in for six years and things have been going well until the past week. Oh well onwards and upwards. I need to go to work or else i will just stay in my four walls and that is not healthy for me.

Love so glad things are going well, I bet your boy just loved time with his mum and seeing santa. At two they are at a great age for enjoying the presents, they love everything. Oh the memories but mine were mostly hungover from xmas eve.

Good to see you back London be positive you will work it out.

BH sorry the first lot of AD's didnt work, it took me awhile to get on the right ones. I hope you feel better soon and so glad you did not drink.

Glad to see everyone is doing great and keeping strong. Busy day at work and I am sure i will have lots to catch up on.

Hugs to all
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been to the doc in the past for the heart thing and he said that there were meds but if I only had this once or twice a year I would be taking the meds for the other 362 days and wanted to take a wait and see attitude. I am looking at a book that talks about supplements for this very thing....may call a doctor too but I just dont like the pharmaceutical options...but that is where the money is. sigh
                    Just staying in today. Cold and more snow on the ground...I need to go south...
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know there is more to it, but there is a pull, tell me how to stop this

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moretoit tell me more..how to stop drinking????
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening, all.
                          Dot belle, I have palpitations sometimes too. They are scary. I got checked out from tip to toe, they didnt come up with anything. Get checked out and thats all you can do. Worry seems to make it worse. Catch 22. Avoiding caffeine helps.

Moretoit. How to avoid the pull of AL? Get it all out of your space. Keep your stomach full. Learn how to distract yourself. Just think of something else, name the reindeer, list your cousins. Just something to change the subject in your head. Stay plugged in here. That's how you do it. Remind yourself that AL has done us NO FAVORS. Only despair.

What good will one drink do for you anyway? Stay with us!! Do not cave in! make this time different. You CAN get thru a craving! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters from the land of ice & snow, unfortunately.
                            Grateful to be in a warm house surrounded by furry friends

Dottie, I have had episodes like that too. A few times they were so bad they almost tossed my right off my chair. Cardiac wise, I check out fine.
                            I do know that once I got my hormones balanced out (HRT) the palpitations stopped. I also know that thyroid disease, anemia & many other conditions can be the cause. Here's some info:
                            Heart Palpitations: Causes, Treatments, After Eating, Lying Down

moretoit, have you made a plan?
                            Go to the Tool box & borrow some of the great ideas posted there!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks lav. good info. have a call the into doc for tomorrow. I had been feeling so darn good too. drat!!
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK I have a confession. I've started watching SAMCRO (Guns of Anarchy) and I am totally hooked. Me sitting with a mug of camomile tea watching bad boys, no time for anything else just episode after episode.
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X