Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Me too June! I started it on Netflix and am hooked!
    Day 10- Great day but unfortunately was first day I found myself making justifications on why and in what situations I may be able to have a drink or two. My heart knows it's a lie. It's not possible for me to drink like that because I drink AL like it's water and that's not healthy for me nor is it healthy for my children to see. I hate the way I feel when I drink and after I drink. I hate slurred speech, headaches, and blood shot eyes.
    I love feeling like ME all the time. Real life.
    Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bhalo, so glad to see you back. I was worried about you!
      Lovely I know it isn't easy to beat this thing, but the only way I have found is to starve that monster until the strangle hold lets up. Just keep on doing what you are.
      Dottie I too get those heart palpitations. I personally think it's my hormones.
      Overit hope you are ok tonight.
      Londoner you are absolutely right. Al does not let us get to know ourselves, or anything real. Everything is distorted.
      Everyone I am sorry I have been so distracted lately. Just really slammed right now.
      Things are getting better here. At least we are all getting to know each other a little. Having complete strangers move in with you is hard.
      Have a great MAE all.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! Wish everybody good evening. I had a holiday party at work today with open bar - was not as hard as I expected it to be...the appetizers were so good - so I was visiting that part of the room a lot. I think I am so overtaken with my DH quit that I neglect mine. As you all said I need to help myself too. This week is the last week of my hot yoga monthly trial period - I am thinking to sign up once it is over. I have been doing it 3 times a week - and I love the peace it brings to me, as well as detoxification benefits from it as well. My sleep is so good now. Not sure of it is because og yoga or because I am AF 51 days - but I fall asleep really quick and sleep without waking up till alarm clock comes on. I am still taking Valerian root - not sure is I still need it. Overall - I enjoy AF feeling deeply. I don't remember being AF so long in many yes, but I always wanted to. It is a great feeling.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

im sorry everyone. i messed it all up.
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the article Londoner- I'm an introvert too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,
              I have been reading books and also continuing drinking. I want to convince each and every cell in my body that Al does nothing. It's no good at all. My rational mind knows it but by the time evening comes all these thoughts just vanish.

But not today I am not going to drink today. I know from my past experience if I can manage 1 week sober then things be come lot clear and easier.

So here I go in my quest to conquer soberity with full determination ... Wish me luck.

I will report how it went by end of today ....
              Rahul
              --------------------------------------------
              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
              Rebooting ... done ...
              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love, what happened? Are you drinking? Can you stop RIGHT NOW. Read back on your old posts before you went to detox. Stop now and stop yourself from going there!

Rahul - No luck, my friend, a determined plan. You can do this - check out Byrdie's ideas of a plan on page 33 of the toolbox. There are many ideas in that whole thread - find one that works for you, and make it work.

Checking in on the end of Day 9. I hope everyone had wonderful MAEs. I am tired and hoping to get another good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a conference at my son's school. I will not be going with bloodshot eyes and a piece of gum in my mouth (unless it is to hide the coffee breath!). What a thing to feel grateful for!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,
                  Been a few days, crazy busy at work, as usual, the snow doesn't help. Been out in it the past few days.

Congrats on so many anniversaries!
                  Dot B, LC, 100 days!, Olga, a big 7, hopefully 8 now. Dave at 90!, Thanks for the big Sunday post!. My Luck, 50!
                  Bohdi Day 1 , hopefully 2 now is huge. That first day can be a monster.

Sam, Maybe you're antsy because today should be at 7 mos., Congrats!

Now a few words on choices, that so many posted about. I have a little different view of things.

There are two things we alkies are very good at, being selfish, and being control freaks.

As far as selfish goes, we have put ourselves and our drinking needs in front of everything else in our lives, including our friends and families. We controlled our drinking time to the detriment of everything else. "don't bother me with that now, I'm getting my drink on".

I feel that the choice of drinking has not been taken away from me. That choice is, and will always be there. I can drink, or not, any time I choose.
                  What pisses me off, is that, I CAN'T CONTROL WHAT THE AL DOES. It pisses me off to no end. Some days I can have a few and be fine. Other days I can have a few and be on my ass. Other days I can have a few and then......... lord only knows. I wake up next to Diablo, as K9 says.
                  It's not about the choice, it's that we can't control what happens after we make our choice.

Now, after having said that, I feel it's important to note, that as we try to keep our quit,
                  we must, at least for a while, continue to be a bit selfish.

We must help ourselves before we can help others. My heart goes out to you, Lovely, ML and LB. It's hard enough to stay sober on your own, much less fighting a spouse or loved ones who can drag you down in an instant.

Stay Strong! LB, You've been incredible in your fight, Keep it up!

Lovely, I know you just slipped after 17? days. Get back on that horse. I want to hear that tomorrow is Day 1 again. Think about your son asking about the shakes. You don't shake because you don't drink. You can do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all

Good to see familiar names on here, and to see some new ones. I don't get the chance to check in too often at the moment. I'm glad to see good news, and for those who've found a struggle just a bit too hard, tomorrow is another day and I really hope you are feeling strong enough to jump straight back on the wagon. At the moment, I'm struggling healthwise, still trying to shake off the chest infection but as I have said before, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Tonight will be day 19, and as I shan't be going out today I won't have to face temptation. I'm feeling absolutely dreadful, not ill but just so bone tired that I can hardly drag myself around. I can't help wondering whether some of the way I feel is not actually the post-infective exhaustion but is actually detoxifying effects from having no alcohol for almost three weeks. What would you 'old hands' think? Doctor requested blood tests today and I saw one was liver function. Hmm. That will be interesting.
                    ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

to drink or not to drink is actually a choice, believe it or not. The addictive side tells me I have no choice, it lies. It tells me only what it thinks it wants me to hear. It is a hurtful malicious liar. I want to remain sober and I will.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was my point, Sam. Not sure whether the post was was directed at my comments or not, but I feel the same way.
                        Congrats on 7 mos.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mr V.
                          Not directed at you, but you made me think all the same, thanks for your thoughts. My "antsyness" has subsided and I'm so glad. I simply cannot go through it all again. You been doing well?
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there sixtyfour - congrats on 19 days! I felt exactly the same - so very very tired, almost lethargic. I actually expected to feel like a million dollars, but quite the opposite happened! Just hang in there, it does get better. What helped me quite a bit was a Vit B12 shot - you can have one once a week for a while.
                            Good luck and keep up the good work!
                            AF since 28 October 2013
                            600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

If it's Wednesday, it must be Happy Hump Day!

Help yourself to some coffee and the last of the apricots from my tree.

Talk again later, in the meantime, have a lovely AF Wednesday
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Check in time for another day. Been a busy nest.

Sixty I feel like you at the moment, just so bone tired its exhausting me lol. I am sure it is the al getting out of my system as i was like this before. I want to be bouncing around like a bean instead of flat as a pea.

DTD i will be there shortly for that coffee thanks, skinny latte, no sugar and a bowl of fruit sounds nice and to have some lovely company also, i could not ask for more than that.

Love get back up and dust yourself off, we have all had many day 1's, it is the persevering and getting back on that horse that makes you stronger and more determined. You can do this, i know you can.

I would love to write a longer post but I am exhausted so an early night for me, its not even 7pm so i figure if i go to sleep now I will probably be awake again when lots of others are.

Stay strong and be safe nesters.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X