Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm knackered too, sixtyfour and available. I'm only on day 10 so I'm putting most of it down to (a) being actually tired out by my life and no longer masking it with my "buzz" and (b) my body recovering. I still think I should get liver function tests for peace of mind but haven't been brave enough to ask yet. I say "yet" because in my moments of being a sensible, sober, adult, I know that asking for the tests will be good self-care - but I also know I'm a bit wibbly at the moment so want to set myself achievable goals.

Feeling ok today, and comfortable with "ok" - ie not terrible or brilliant or awful or fantastic. Just middle-of-the-road, comfortable, nice, "ok". This is progress for me!

Just finished reading "After the tears", which is about adult children of alcoholics and/or dysfunctional families. I will probably re-read it as it spoke to me quite deeply and quietly. I can highly highly recommend it.

I hope everyone has a great day. My work is extremely difficult at the moment but I am not drinking and I am proud of that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry just flying in quickly, so cant read back tonight. Just back from visiting my Mum and Dad. They have both had to go into an aged care facility, just as a temporary measure as Mum's had a fall and broken both wrists, and Dad insists on being wherever she is. He has dementia. Anyway, it's a very difficult time for the family, and all the way home i was thinking about drinking beers. I had to read over my affirmations, and am about to eat a big meal before bubble bath and bed. Thankyou Nesters.
      take care everyone,
      Steady
      :h
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. Just a quick check in to say hi. Seems like everyone is battling fatigue. Could it be the time of the year? I feel absolutely stuffed and have another big day tomorrow. Catch you all later.I am off to bed to get some sleep.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. Just a quick check in to say hi. Seems like everyone is battling fatigue. Could it be the time of the year? I feel absolutely stuffed and have another big day tomorrow. Catch you all later.I am off to bed to get some sleep. Stead, such a difficult time for you. I had to arrange for 2 of my parents to enter a home. Had to sell everthing up. It was very hard, but I guess its life and comes to all of us one day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Middle of day and determined not to sink into AL today ...
            Rahul
            --------------------------------------------
            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
            Rebooting ... done ...
            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

Lovely, I hope you are back on the sober bus with us! Think of your son!

Steady, sorry about your parents, that's tough. Please know that you can handle this without AL. We are all with you in spirit!

Rahul, what is your plan for after work? Be sure you have every minute filled & dismiss the drinking thoughts as soon as they enter your head. You can do this, lots of us have with no regrets

I have to run but not before wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                I didn't see your post about it, Love, but it looks like you have another day 1? Stay strong for yourself and that boy of yours.
                Day 38 here, and I am going out for coffee in a minute. I really can't stand the mud that comes out of our current coffee maker.
                Have a good MAE, all, and an AF one too.
                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 again....feeling very sick and extremely depressed, but I am not giving up. I'm gettin back on that wagon again....one setback is nothing to lose hope over...I don't think I can stay in a place with so much drinking and alcohol around, I have to think of myself and my son.....I thought I could ignore it but apparently I cant...but I do not want to abandon my husband after he stuck through my problems with me, but theres just too much temptation. dont know anymore.....

anyways, wishing everybody a safe and happy AF day! :h

-Love
                  ?That's the problem with drinking,
                  If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                  if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                  and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                  ― Charles Bukowski
                  :wings::wings:
                  Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1597283 wrote: OK I have a confession. I've started watching SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy) and I am totally hooked. Me sitting with a mug of camomile tea watching bad boys, no time for anything else just episode after episode.
                    My wife and I are hooked as well. We downloaded all six seasons on iTunes. We are watching 2 episodes a night and watched the finale of season 5 last night.

It is an incredible show….. I am not sure going to bed after watching all that gore is a good thing, but at least I am going to bed sober

Nothing like watching tough biker guys while sipping tea….. I told my wife I want Sons of Anarchy slippers for Christmas. :H
                    I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love?.. sorry to hear that you have slipped after all your hard work. Today is a whole new beginning. Make a list of all the things you are grateful for and all the things you want to do sober. Don't let this slip get you derailed. Before you know it you will be back up to 17 days again.

We are all supporting you !!

AF since Oct 23,2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

here

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                          Slept pretty well last night. Made an appointment with a heart doc to check out the palpitations. Probably stress this time of year but since I have met my deductible I thought I might as well go and have it checked out.
                          Grocery shopping is on the agenda and some R&R...
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all. Fly by en route to son's conference. Day 10 here. Headache but other than that feel good. Stay strong Loveless and Rahul. I have an extremely busy day but will try to check in later. Happy sober hump day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Ok it seems like we have a "Sons of Anarchy" theme going on here. I got RE-HOOKED last night, started with Season 1, Episode 1 and I plan to watch them all. Something about that Jax just gets me right here :h LOL

Loves...You can do this. We've all started over many times, and no, a slip does not doom you to failure. Pick up, dust off and do this for you and your son. I know your husband is an obstacle, I really hope he can become more supportive of you. You have other health issues besides just AL so I hope he can be aware of that and help you! Please stick close, we'll get you through this!

Happy Hump Day everyone...stick close and stay strong. We don't want to wake up to Diablo ever again! :devil:

WineB- I hope you get your slippers for Xmas...I want Jax for Xmas. LOL :H
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1597540 wrote:

WineB- I hope you get your slippers for Xmas...I want Jax for Xmas. LOL :H
                                There is nothing like an angry biker with issues to enhance your life…LOL Trust me….I am an angry biker with issues…. I just don't look like Jax.

AF since Oct 23,2013

Comment

Working...
                                X