X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters,

I had a lovely day, my daughter & granddaughter were here for a visit
    If I had chosen 5 years ago to continue on the path I was on ~ today would not have happened!
    I chose to eliminate addictions from my life. I chose to take back control of what I was doing or not doing.
    Simply put - every time you chose to drink you are giving away your power to be in charge of your life & make the best decisions for yourself & the ones you love.

I hope you choose your life & your kids over AL!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Like Dave said. I am totally drained but can't go to sleep until I check in. Nite all.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all , yes today is some day! I had to take our daughter to the doctor ( thank goodness no flu) . Just going to check in like many others and take it easy!!!night!
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner you know how good you feel when you've been AF a while. And you know how shitty it feels after a binge. Your choice. Shitty or good?
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I see why one day at a time is so important. When I think about the current day, I'm fine. When I think about the future I start making justfications and plans for a first drink. 30 days long enough? 90? A year? My birthday in August? I can't keep thinking like this. It dawned on me why one day at a time is so important. Guard myself today forget thinking about the future. Live in the moment.
            Day 11! Longest in well probably since I was a teenager!! Cray.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I vote feel good over shitty. How about it, Lond?

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Coffee for all!

A terzillion things to do today - talk later!

Have a good and AF Thursday, Nesters.
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Checking in on my way to bed after a 15+ hour day at work. I am zonked.

Sounds like a lot of December blahs out there. This may sound trite, but get out into the sunlight if you can. Take off your sunglasses and let the sun hit your skin. Not a cure all, but it helps ease depression and gives you energy. If nothing else it will get you outside and breathing fresh air (and dressed which can be key).

I'm actually feeling pretty good at the end of Day 10. I get the one day at a time, too, AClass - no sense in getting ahead of ourselves.

Hope everyone's tomorrows are better. Loves and Londoner, and anyone else who is struggling - go for good over shitty. Better every time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Thankyou Hadit and Lavande for your kind words. I am now staying sober not just for me, but for my parents too. I need to be as fit as possible to look after them.

A bit tired today so am going to sign off. I give many thanks for MWO and The Nest.

best wishes to all,
                    love Steady
                    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

M/A/E everyone!

Day 11 for me here. It's good, mainly. I like the feeling of calm and being "centred" somehow, regardless of what life throws at me (and it's throwing me a lot at the moment). I'm also finding "one day at a time" is a very helpful thought. I have a tendency to run ahead, worrying, and get myself anxious about things that haven't yet happened.

Being sans alcohol though has made me see a few things more clearly (and from what I read on here this clarity is likely to increase even more as I accomplish more AL-free days). In particular, my work-life balance is all wrong. Ok I have a mortgage to pay, but leaving the house at 6:20am and not getting home until 7:30 just isn't sustainable. It would be different if I LOVED what I was doing (like I did a few jobs back) but this job is just admin/pressure/admin/stats/bureaucracy and politics. Sigh.

So I've put my CV out there again. I want a job closer to home (110-mile commuting every day is wearing me out) and I hope back on the creative side of things again - InDesign, Adobe CS, Quark etc. We shall see what the new year brings...

Hope everyone is doing ok today xxx

For now I am happy to be sober and to have "met" all of you on here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters from a very frosty portion of the nest!!!!

Aclassic - I was literally driving myself nuts year ago trying to control & manage everything. I really didn't know any better but it was a result of growing up in an abusive situation. I can see clearly now that I was trying to prevent that from happening to me again but all it did was lead me into depression & AL abuse. Giving up that need to control everything & having faith everything is going to be OK was a real blessing

Londoner, I really wish you would talk to a professional - you sound depressed & that needs to be addressed. You can only deny it for so long before something bad happens - I know because I've been there. There's no shame in asking for some help.

Olga, I hope something opens up in the work world for you. Those long commutes to work get tiresome for sure.

Pavati, a bit of time in the sunshine each day & an extra dose of Vitamin D3 are simple but effective ways to ward off the blues. Now, to just find some sunshine

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well today.
                          Feeling crappy but optimistic today. day one again and i am going to the park with my son and then the library and christmas shopping to keep my mind off of al.

I am going to beat this thing! For myself and my son! Also, my husband has agreed to enter detox, but he wants to wait until after christmas, but its progress! I think he finally realized that in order for this to work and for our sons best interests we need to BOTH be sober. and he is very worried about my health also.

Wishing everyone a happy af day!

-Love
                          ?That's the problem with drinking,
                          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                          ― Charles Bukowski
                          :wings::wings:
                          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE!

The company holiday party was yesterday. I think they had multiple kinds of wine flowing, but I stuck to ginger ale and diet Coke. I was the only one at my table not drinking. It was interesting watching others drink. Some were very conscious and stopped at one, and others just kept refilling their glass. No one got what I would consider drunk, but had I said or done some of the things that they did, I'd be embarrassed today! Interesting thing about what someone posted a few days ago about the boss. We got a new boss this year, and at the end of the party he said two interesting things: 1. That he learned a lot about some people (yesterday), and 2. He was glad HR wasn't there. :H

Tomorrow is my Day 30. I probably won't be around to accept my award, as my wife and I are taking a long weekend vacation to Orlando to see the Harry Potter attractions at Universal Studios. After today, I might not have access to the internet until late Monday or Tuesday, so I will catch up on posts at that time, but until then, let me say thanks now to everyone on this forum for sharing your stories of success and struggles. Staying close to the forum and reading the nest several times a day has made all the difference this time.
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You sound confident that you will complete your 30 days, Elvis, so:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Enjoy Harry Potter World - sounds fun.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE,

I am dropping by on my way to work. I keep waking up with what feels like sinus headaches - I think they are allergies. At least I am not hungover on top of that.

Olga - good luck on looking for a new job. I really like my job but eventually want something different, and one of the things that is keeping me here longer is that my commute is 10 minutes (for the first time in my life). It vastly improves quality of life.

Have fun, Elvis, and congratulations. You'll have to give your speech and collect your prizes when you come back. I didn't know Disney had a whole Harry Potter exhibit! I'm reading through the series with my son for the first time - we're still on book 5, but we're enjoying it greatly.

So Happy Its Thursday. Onward to day 11. Have great days, all.

Comment

Working...
                                X