Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1599263 wrote: Back again. Got called out for first time by husband on my drinking. Been wanting to try again and this is what I needed. Day 1- missed y'allGlad to see you again, ICan. You sounded really strong last time you were here. Do you know what led you back to choosing to drink? It seems like you might need to fine- tune your plan so that you can avoid repeating what has happened before. We'd love to hear what you're thinking and maybe you'll get some helpful feedback.

Luckyflower;1599280 wrote:
    Hi Nesters,
    My life is getting better and better each and every day.
    Not major things, just LIFE. I am living these days. I?m clear minded. Everything that happens to me is real and I feel it as I should with a clear mind and heart. Major change though, I no longer live a double (secret) life. Only one and it?s ALL real.
    Wow, who wouldn't like to feel like this after just 60 days? And if I remember correctly, you were already feeling quite good after 30 days.
    I totally agree with your post and so wish everyone could fast-forward to what their lives could be in a mere 2 months if only they would give it up TODAY. There is no reason not to! Don't wait for 1/1/2014 - just go for it and give yourself the chance to feel as good as LuckyFlower does as soon as possible.
    I'm so happy for you, LuckyFlower. Congratulations!

Little Beagle, I'll be thinking of you :l. I'm glad your dog is ok. xx - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little beagle I am so glad the dog is OK and hope the talk with the kids goes well...not an easy conversation for sure. I keep all dangerous stuff locked up or in the garage as I know my doggies would find it for sure..
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters!!! Hope you all well. I wonder what advise you have for cravings? I have a craving right now and it drives me crazy. Really I know I shouldn't and I just want to know if I can do something to get rid of it.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck I try to get involved in something..do the dishes...play with the dog...surf the net or go to youtube and find a video to watch...keep the mind busy.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again,

Ican ? so glad I inspired you. The feeling is truly amazing. I hope you can be strong and fight this AL. It is doable. All you need to do is take charge and not drink. You should know that YOU are stronger than AL and you control your life not AL.

NS- Thank you for reading my post. I know you understand how I feel.

My luck ? Cravings killer for me anyway is food and only food. When I quit I really wanted to loose weight but I knew it will not possible to fight both fronts. I placed my quit as first priority and therefore I ate. I wouldn?t mind gaining more weight as quitting drinking was and is WAY more important to me. And so now, after the cravings are gone I am starting my diet and will lose the weight.

Have a safe AF day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck, Dot's right, get your mind onto another task. If all else fails eat! A LOT. Fill your tummy and you will not feel like drinking. It will pass. Do NOT give in! That hole is too hard to climb out of. Ride it out.

Ican great to see you again. Shore up your plan and settle in!

LuckyFlower, what a beautiful post. It is amazing what a big payoff we get for a few days of discomfort. I am so proud of you! Here are a couple tokens of your accomplishment!
              :goodtime: :goodtime:

Little beagle. I'm glad your dog is ok. I'm sorry about the confrontation you are going to have tonight. I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs to all tonight. Stay strong. It pays off!!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Dream, Lavande, Pavati. I do appreciate your kind support. Lavande... can't be diagnosed from X Rays... most times it doesn't show until its irreversible except by some very invasive in-patient investigations under anaesthetic but most people have normal X rays. Not something one would go for unless there were very strong pointers. Pavati - I am sure you are right. My panic has lessened a little - you are SO right in what you say... ok, this is a real concern for anyone who keeps birds let alone the number we have had indoors over the years. However, when I try to be rational I can see that I lived with alcohol abuse for something like 15 or 20 years and all I did when I panicked about that as I did from time to time, was down another bottle. Now that's irrational! I am also walking around this planet carrying about 80lbs of excess weight. Another cause for concern, yet I am not actually panicking about it. Both of those things - alcohol and excess weight - will both shorten my life considerably if I don't do something about them, yet I am not panicking, Googling like crazy and staying awake half the night unable to sleep through fear! Both of those things are probably more likely to end my life than an uncommon reaction to having birds, even though I have come to realise that it is a genuine concern and I need to be aware of it.

I am (trying ) treating this as a wake up call - I'm now on my 24th day AF and hopefully have passed the peak of my panic without succumbing to temptation (actually I wasn't tempted, just scared of being tempted!). Now that I am aware that bird feather dust can be harmful to some people, it's time to up my game with cleaning cages and using damp cloths to dust. Not that my house or bird cages are dirty - they aren't - but there is always room for improvement especially now that I wake up clear headed and not weighed down with a hangover. I just have to make sure that my OCD doesn't flare up, which it has been threatening to do. I guess all this is an example of how to live an ordinary life without the crutch of alcohol to allow us (me anyway) to bury my head in the sand.

I hope everyone has a great day. Not good at remembering all the names of who else is on the board, but I wish everyone well today.
                ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! I love this from Byrdie!
                  S Stop
                  O Observe
                  B Breathe
                  E Evaluate
                  R Respond

I am not perfect on sobriety let me be the first to say that. Do you have a plan to stay sober?

I finally made my mind up to have one. I force someone to make sure I take my AB everyday. K9 challenges me to make sure I do it. There are soo many people here that care. I care as well. Everything you want to do in life can be there if you first get rid of problem number one. And for us it's AL. It takes time for some. But the fight is living or dying for alkies. Whatever else is going on there is one first step don't drink. Step two is to reach out for support from others who are struggling and others who have more sober time. It's not hard to do. Step three is not get soo wound up into trying to help others too soon. I made that mistake countless times. Step four is to laugh and love being alive again. Step 5 is to give recovery time. AL was patient with me and now I giving recovery it's time. AL is always there. But let's see what one year free does. I think I will like it. Keep at it Nesters! The demon of AL has changed us mentally. Now let's see if we can be patient and wait out the demon for a year. I am more than certain lives will change and slowly the curse will leave us. Give it time is my pledge for this next year in life. With patience our lives will change for the better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc[/video]]Guns N' Roses - Patience - YouTube
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all for advise - I ate a lot of chili and now I have coffee cake in the oven it passed I think I had it because of this hungry 5 pm time frame
                    AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all for advise - I ate a lot of chili and now I have coffee cake in the oven it passed I think I had it because of this hungry 5 pm time frame
                      AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Finally. So helpful. Day 1 complete.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LB, 250 days on Christmas, fantastic. Thanks for the well wishes on my 40 days. Whoa, I can't keep up with all the posts today. I have been out of town and am running on empty right now.

Pav and Ava staying strong, nice. To those who might be in the really early days again, remember how you don't drink and how great you will feel, how you actually enjoy the thought of a day stretching out free before you when you're sober.

ML, food has worked for me at times as well. Great to see it worked on your cravings.

Have a really nice AF MAE all. Day 42 for me.
                          Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Too much going on here for me to comment on at the moment but -

Welcome back Ican.
                            Luckyflower, congrats on 60 AF days :wd:
                            LB, I am very sorry about your doggie. I hope you succeed in getting your message across to the kids tonight. I'll be thinking of you!
                            Myluck, always remember H.A.L.T. When you have all those triggers covered, you have your cravings covered
                            Hi FD, hope you are well.

Tired, going to turn in. Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just returned form the ER. My hands itched like crazy and were very red..started sweating like crazy..told dh to take me to ER. They did and EKG and it was normal so they started me on benedry and pepsid for the allergic reaction...NO clue what I am allergic to...may need to start an elimination diet and see if I can find something...always some dam thing....
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Poor Dottie. I feel for you.
                                Fd that was a wonderful post. Thank you.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X