Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

FD I want a like button for your post!!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

My last post for the night! Thank you everyone for the kind words. Dottie I hope you are feeling better! I am very nervous starting a new job tomorrow. But I know everything will be okay. If we look forward we will be okay. Life changes and we move with it. I am taking a deep breath by the words of the wisdom of Byrdie. I won't sleep well tonight because i am nervous and excited at the same time. Deep breathes! So here we go! Thank you everyone! Dottie glad your doing good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDY1KvoQYk[/video]]Five for Fighting - World - YouTube
      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in at the end of Day 14.

I am tired after a fun trip to get a Christmas tree and a large lunch with my family. I still feel a little angst-y and antsy, but I'm better than yesterday. Must look into Lav's meditation cds.

LB - Sorry about your dog - so happy he's ok. I hope it all goes ok with your kids tonight. Hugs to you.

LuckyFlower - Great on 60 days. I hope you stopped by the roll call to collect your prizes. That was an inspirational post.

FD - Thanks for yours, too. Love the wisdom here.

Way to go, AClass - back in the saddle. Keep it up.

Dottie - Sorry for all that is going on with you! We have a student at my school who is actually allergic to the cold. She breaks out in hives, gets red and itchy, etc. if it is too cold. I think if you had that you would have known by now. Hope you feel better soon.

Too tired to respond to all of the posts, but I have read them all. Thanks to everyone for sharing. For tonight I am grateful that I went through a bout of sadness and anxiety and rather than reaching for a bottle I reached out to my friends here and I looked inside of myself to get through. I really can't thank you all enough.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back

This is me 2007 wanting to moderate. Link to page 44 my story (Dessislava). struggling and lost in the process. One thing I have learned from lurking for so many years is that I have to be accountable. I have managed to keep super healthy, running 5 days a week 6-7miles a day and getting wasted over the weekend. How sad is that and so much effort. I hope to become part of the community in real terms and stop this horrible damage limitaition path.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dessi and welcome back and back and back lol. Its a merry go round from hell really this al. I wish i could moderate, hell to be normal would be wonderful. Just a glass or two and be happy with that instead of a bottle or two. I am totally pissed off I cant be like that but then I am also resigned in knowing I just cant. After 20 years of drinking it is now time to reign it in and become a non drinker. I am impressed with your exercise regime, i cant seem to get motivated to walk out the door atm but i was drinking 7 days a week also, too hungover to get up and do anything. You have found a good place to be and in the last 16 days i have posted up a storm, it makes me accountable for being af and with people who understand is a great feeling.
            Welcome to the nest.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you soo much for reassuring. I know, it is hellish to punish ourselves like that. I am super woman (ha-ha) in every other way. Yesterday I attempted to go to carrol service in church after being in the pub for 2h. How sad is that. Anyhow maybe, or for real I can attemp my first sober Chistmas.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh dear Des that was a so not gonna work for you expedition to church. Sorry but i had to have a chuckle about that one. Funny how when we are pissed we think no one will notice that we are, especially when we smell like a brewery and repeat ourselves often. I am a functioning alkie, took me awhile to admit i was an alcoholic but once i did it kind of helped if that makes sense. I'm not normal, i cant drink normal, its impossible for me. Its scary thinking you cant drink again but try not to think that just say to yourself that you will not drink today. Even though i drank 7 days a week when i first stopped al i wanted to drink Friday to reward myself and then i thought why Friday its like any other day of the week that i used to drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I was totally ok with it an had a friend on my site (drinking friend of coarse). Anyway enough about escapees. Day one of many. My son is coming home for Chistmas and I can't possibly let him down. And myself for that mater. I sound horribly English. Sorry. I wish I could run along your supper warm sandy beaches in Oz.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My children are the reason i am making a concerted effort to stop drinking, they are way more important than al now and they are very proud of me so i cant and wont fail. No you dont sound horribly English, i was actually going to ask where you lived so you sorted that one out for me. I am a redhead so the beach is not a favourite place for me but it is nice to go late afternoon and watch the waves i must say.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest. I have not been here in a few months. I'm not sure why I stayed away... I was going through some emotional things and I guess I thought that I needed to drink and that I had things under control. I could not have been more wrong. I do need all of you here and I'm happy to have made the choice to come back.
                      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Very frosty in my corner of the nest, BRRRR!!

Hello & welcome Dessi, glad you decided to join us, this is a good place
                        Make a good plan for yourself & stay on board!

Welcome back MS!
                        We never have things under control when we allow AL in our lives. We all have to accept that eventually if we want to make progress. Tell us what you are going to do instead of drinking now. Don't forget the Tool box

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

i know the drill. I have been marking a progress. 7 months was my record.. It is extremely difficult when you have a husband drinking I suppose responsibly, but still every weekend and still regarding it as fun.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE!

Thanks NoSugar, Pavati, Samstone, K9Lover, HumbleRider, DreamThinkDo, available, gambler, aclassicgirl, Lavande, Dotti Belle for the congratulations on 30 days.

Good job on 60 days LuckyFlower!

Hope you are feeling better today Dotti Belle. I have seasonal allergies too, not fun stuff.

Welcome and welcome back to those who just joined or recently came back. Stay close, it helps. It made the difference for me this time. I'd stay close then get comfortable and thin I can do it on my own. That was silly, no need for that when you've got such great people here. Now I make it a point to visit the nest at least once every day.

The vacation is over (boo!). I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my plane. I had so much fun, I'm sad to be leaving the sunshine and warm weather. I was wearing shorts and t-shirts all weekend, and now I get to go home to winter coats and snow (Bleh!). But I do miss my kitties, so I will be happy to see them again. Have a great day everyone!
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis, I left your hat over on the Roll Call, but here it is again!!

:goodtime:

GREAT JOB on your 30 (+) days!!!! We are very proud of you! We love acceptance speeches!!
                              Welcome Desi and welcome back Meins!!! GLUE yourself to the nest and you will find success!
                              Have a great day everyone!!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling so ANGRY today.

I've suddenly cut all hyper stimulation from my life and my brain wants stimulation.

Feeling luck punching brick walls down. Guess that's what you get when you live a horrible life just for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X