Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday to all the Nesters!! Lav - what are we going to do with more snow? Enough is enough, right? I liked the pic of your dog in the snow....my siberian husky loves the snow but we can't let him loose because he runs to the horse farm next door....but he was on his dog run making tunnels in the banks of snow. I hope everyone has a great day!
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday everyone! What a terrific superbowl game - the team I liked won and since I was AF, I remember all the funny ads and the best plays of the game. Did anyone catch Drew Breese with his baby son after the game was over? Adorable - tears in my eyes for sure.

Ughhhh! more snow tomorrow - still digging out from 20+ inches over the weekend. Hope everyone has a warm, sober Monday!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so jealous of your big numbers of days...

I am on day 8. What a roller coaster. I go from feeling in complete control to going in there and downing a bottle of wine...how long until the cravings really fade??? Thankful that I haven't had any shakes or nausea...but I sure do miss my buzz. This is the first time I've been sober in 25 years. What a lifestyle change...I am very hopeful. What is the worst day in your experience?
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;803214 wrote: What is the worst day in your experience?
          Byrdlady,

Congrats on 8 days! The worst of it is over. Now you'll just have to develop some strategies to deal with cravings. I've always felt better by the 8-day point, as by then I am sleeping well, withdrawal symptoms have passed, and my thinking is clearer. In my experience, day 1 is the worst. On one occasion, after consuming an entire fifth of whiskey in only 7 hours, I woke up in a state of extreme panic and agitation. My heart was racing, I was sweating, I felt extremely frightened, I had the shakes. Not an experience I want to repeat.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good Monday

Grateful, Jolie, it's getting colder.....and I have absolutely no idea where all the new snow is going to go tomorrow. Yikes, most of the roads around here are still in crappy shape! Come on Spring

Hi Byrdlady & welcome to the Nest! Find yourself a comfy twig & settle right in with us!
            L-Glutamine is supposed to be very helpful with the cravings. The first 2 weeks or so were probably the hardest for me, almost felt like I had the flu. Just take real good care of yourself, stay well hyrated - lots of H2O & tea, eat some good food, get a little fresh air - you'll be feeling better very soon

Jim Beam - you are most fortunate that you even woke up after putting away an entire fifth of whiskey in such a short time! You must have one heck of a guardian angel

Well, I'm going to call it a day. Hope I can dream of some brilliant way to deal with the next blizzard!
            Wishing everyone a safe & warm night in the Nest - he night light is on!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

We are supposed to get a big snow here too starting tonight. Oh Joy!

Jolie - yep - Saints and Drew were awesome. I also loved the pics of him and his son after the win.

Byrd, welcome. 8 days is fantastic! Like Lav, I started to feel a lot stronger and confident as days went by. Overcoming the first weekend was huge for me. Then the second weekend really gave me a lift. And like JB said from there each day built on the others.

JT, I did read RR, but it's been a while and it didn't help at the time. You guys remember a lot more about than I do.

Allswell, way to go on the SB party. I didn't go out at all and enjoyed the game. Great game too.

Hi to HC, Grateful and anyone else I missed.

Take care!
              tw
              Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Birdlady
                :welcome: I am working on day 9 so we must be at around the same place. This is my second try after going 18 days AF the first time. Are you taking any supplements? This time I'm trying the L-Glutamine and really believe it is helping me with the cravings. Like Lav said, treat yourself really well - I used to drink a lot of coffee - now have switched over to the herbal caffeine-free teas (helps with the sleep). They are tons of flavors out there to try. Also, 8 days is teriffic! (this coming from someone who drank EVERY DAY for the past probably 8 years). PM me if you like and we can compare notes. Just coming here has been a huge help to me - sounds like it will be for you too. Hang in there!
                :l
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 15-Officially 2 weeks-! Expecting a big snow storm tonight into Wednesday-probably getting a foot! I can't wait for SPRING!
                  Hope everyone has a warm ,sober day!
                  Luv, Fluff
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Fluff, Jolie - brace yourselves for yet anther blizzard! I'm not a big fan of all this snow ~ trying to keep myself so busy I don't think too much about it.......
                    Tranq - snow for you too? Guess you won't be heading for the golf course any time soon

Wishig everyone a terrific AF Tuesday - will be back later

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two weeks Fluff - well done. It feels great doesnt it!
                      Byrdlady, you will soon get a new buzz. One that comes from staying strong when you get that overwhelming desire to pick up. One that comes from waking up guilt free and remembering exactly what you did and said the night before. Visit us often as that has been my biggest strength when I have felt like I was going crazy with desire for "just one".
                      Hi Jolie, Lav, Tranq, JB, Grateful, Allswell and everyone else who visits the nest. Cant really comprehend the amount of snow some of you are getting at the moment.
                      Day 33 for me. My friends cant quite believe that I can go so long without a drink. I tell them it has become a bit of a personal challenge to see how long I can actually go..... Little do they know!
                      Have a good evening and catchya tomorrow.
                      HC
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Hope everyone in the Newbies Nest is going to sleep soundly tonight.

Hippy - Thanks for your advice x

Lav - Love the way you look after us all.

Can I be really nasty and tell you about the weather here? 30 degrees C and sunny.

I am from the Northern Hemisphere before becoming an Ozzie. Snow's never been my thing. Much prefer the surf.

Stay safe

Spam x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick - Wow on your 33 days! Bet you are impressing your friends

Hi Spam - welcome to the Nest! Love your avatar - makes me think of the Monty Python song from back in the 70's.......that tells you how old I am
                          Well I hope you are enjoying your warm & sunny days. Close your eyes & imagine living on the North Pole - that's what it's looking like here right now!! Brrr! Anyway, glad to have you here in the Nest!

Proud to say I took my shovel & cleared a small area for my chooks this morning - felt bad for them being cooped up so long. They are out in the freezing cold now happily pecking away at some cracked corn

I'll be back later!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK
                            9 pm here & snowing like crazy.........again!
                            Wishing everyone a safe & warm night in the Nest!
                            Oh, the night light is on

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All-:new:

I am new and planning a medical detox starting this Sunday. I have made friends with JackieClaire in England(how cool!) and she recommended I come here so that's what I'm doing. I am a morning before work and evening heavy wine drinker, 29 years old, almost, and I can just feel I'm on the verge of some new and much worse consequences as things drinking wise keep progressing.

I have tried AA about 10 times since age 18 and have at times made it to 90 days although only 30 in last couple attempts there. It worked for my Dad though.

I sort of tried Moderation Management- TOTAL failure. I always thought it was just me but upon further research and medical advice turns out the panic attack like symptoms I have when I stop are physical withdrawal...just bc I'm not shaking doesn't mean my body isn't addicted, esp with the all day drinking thing.

I am freaking out about what I'm about to do but dead serious too. I will be taking Campral as well. Doc doesn't think Nal is right for me.

Thanks, y'all! Yes, I'm a Tennessee girl!!
                              I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

MarriedGirl29 :welcome:
                                All I can say is you have come to the right place. MWO is keeping me sober longer than I've been in over 10 years (close to 20 actually - apart from some pregnancies). You will learn so much and get inspired by people who are going through or have gone through exactly what you are experiencing. Keep connected to this site it is life saving.

As for the Anti-Snow comments out there.... I truly am a Canadian as I get soooo excited if I start seeing those beautiful snowflakes fall from the sky. Trust me I am a BIG TIME Summer girl and love the heat but snowshoeing, skiing, skating, hockey - nothing wakes me up and make me feel alive then being out on a clean white crisp day (SOBER OF COURSE). Sorry you all probably think I'm nuts :H

Go figure we don't have a lick or scoop I should say :H of snow so please send it up this way!!!!

I am quite silly and chipper tonight as I did another AF and will be proud to make it to double digits! AF10 tomorrow. I am in SHOCK. Two weeks ago I would never have believed it.:shocked: The last 2 days were mentally exhausting but WORTH IT NOW!

Sobriety is living. Hope you all stay sober and have a great day tomorrow.
                                :hallo:

Comment

Working...
                                X