Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Londoner, that's exactly what the Hypno CDs are for - they clear your thoughts & convince your subconscious that you don't need to drink. They worked for me!

I have lots to do today so I'll wish everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters! I feel good today. Thank gosh! I don't think I could have gone through another 3 days of hangover and detox like last time. I truly, really, honestly never ever want to feel like that again.

Have a great AF day everyone.

"Just get through THIS day"

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

I haven't had much time to read back, but I sure have missed you all. I kind of slack off on weekends and then I lose touch with what's going on! Overit - Glad you made it through those horrible 3 days...keep that in the front of your mind. Never forget that feeling. Next time AL whispers in your ear, remember the hell of those 3 days! I try not to dwell in the past, but I also keep all those bad times in mind. AL is one sneaky bastard will convince you that "one or two" wouldn't be so bad. In my experience, "one or two" led to DUI's, handcuffs and a cellmate named Diablo. No thanks.

Everyone stay strong and remember: A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before.

:h:h:h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9-AMEN! I'm so thankful today to feel good, to wake up with clear eyes, to get to the gym, to come to work not afraid of needing to go the restroom to throw up. I just can't believe what we do to ourselves, it's just insane!

Watching an alcohol documentary. It really is amazing that this drug is legal. Really. What is the reason? Money from the industry? It doesn't make any sense.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wonder how long I have to be afraid of the physical dangers of detoxing?

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              My doc gave me Rx for verapamil for the irregular HR..he said yes to AFib and SVT..one could have caused the other and whether the clots caused the AFib or vice versa is unknown.
              He suggested seeing an allergist. I am making an appointment with a doc whose dad I saw as a child. Probably allergy tests but will talk to her first.
              More darn meds but beats the irregular HR thingy….getting old sucks!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 sober tonite ... Keeping fingers crossed and strength ... Goodnite
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon, Nesters!
                  Good to see everyone!
                  Another busy day at work...I'm still waiting for the slow down I keep talking about!

Remember, AL is out to take ALL THE MARBLES! Don't let it in, it will mess with your mind and make you think it's your friend. It's all lies! He wants to take over your mind and your life. Keep the door locked and secured. Stick with your friends here who are doing the same things as you are...we go to parties and don't drink....we make toasts and don't sip, we go out with friends and are the only non drinker. You are not alone! We are right here living it with you. All the best today! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the hat Byrdie! Party time indeed!

available, I would love to go to Australia sometime. Especially today, it's snowing here! Actually looks like a break at the moment, so I'm gonna head out and clear the sidewalk. Think of me in your 40?C, while I'm out shoveling snow in my 28?F (-2?C).
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL!

just now:
                      AL "shall we?"
                      me "no, haven't you been listening?"

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shoot 3 days of hell,it takes me about 2 weeks to feel human again! not worth it
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is way worth being human again Pauly and not having Day 1's constantly. 18 days here and headaches still occurring but not as much, really tired a lot but other than that feeling great. Just need to get the al thoughts out of my brain but i suppose that is normal too. I just need to be strong and resist which i have every intention of doing. Xmas lunch today and no al for this alkie, lemon lime and bitters.

My only bitch is i am sick of my boys drinking my af drinks. As i said to them last night "i may as well drink bloody wine as you never touched that". It was a joke as they are very proud of me and how far along i have come.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 44 here. I still get headaches. Someone posted that it takes a full 90 days to really start feeling better, for the body and brain to come out of the fog. What is everyone's experience here?
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in!

I haven't been around much lately. Work is busy and I am fighting a cold that is getting me down. That said I am here to tell you that the longer you can go without AL the less you will want AL in your life. It really does get easier. But first you need to stop the roller coaster and get off. Then make a plan n how you're going to stay AF through thick and thin. Through the good times, the bad times, the lonely times, the bored times. Al has no place in our lives any more. Finally, I suggest read and watch everything you can about AL. Let all that information sink in and let it rule you. Enough with the headaches, the lack of real sleep, the out of control behaviour, the embarrassing stories, need I go on?

So why does it take so long to make the final decision to quit once and for all? What stops us? What are we afraid of? If you can come up with two lists, one of why AL should stay and one of why AL should be gone, I'm going to bet the first list is pretty small.

Stick close to the nest, read, post, read and post again. Stay connected with people who want to help you succeed. Steer clear of the others.

Over six months AF and I owe it all to MWO. If I can do it so can you.
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, YourFriend,

I just saw this. Thanks for your PM. Come on over to the medical thread and check in. I'm happy you contacted me. There's a ton of hope for you!! Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X