Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Kronkcarr-you have my original quit date. Congrats on your year!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post 3J. We have to give ourselves time to let time work. It is amazing what time will do. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J and Byrdlady - you are so right about time! I hope my DH will feel different after 6 months!
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Hey 3J, great to see you!
          Fear of the 'unknown' stopped me from quitting for way too long. I had forgotten that I really could indeed function without AL & function much better at that

Byrdie, I hope we can continue to just get the newbies to grab onto our tail feathers. We can take them in the right direction

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - cold here!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit I have been reading your thread. Tomorrow I will get through it. Thanks for sharing your story.
            Byrdie thank you for the inspirational posts. It really helps me to stay focused reading them.
            3J good to hear from you.
            Dottie glad you are getting the heart thing under control.
            Humble it took me about 6 months to really feel good again, but I still felt 100% better then when I was drinking.
            Have a great one all.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - these days are looong, and yet so dark and short!

Checking in at the end of Day 16. Lav and Byrdie you can bet your sweet tail feathers that I'm hanging on tight to you ladies, and everyone else here with a lot of time invested in sobriety. 3J thanks for your post, too. When I had anxiety this weekend I honestly heard the words of you all here in my head - it gets better and better with time. I know if I can hang on long enough I'll get to where I need to be - sober.

Have fabulous MAEs everyone. Stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so desperate cant stop drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andirue - Are you drinking now? I am fairly new here, but I suggest reading through the tool box and reading through the posts here in the nest to get an idea of how to make a plan to stay sober. There is a lot of good advice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 starting guyz ... had trouble sleeping ... was too awake but then finally sosed off at 3 am wokeup not feesh but sober ! Feeing good ...
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

While not out of the pit but would like to share how I am aiming to coming out completely. I have always followed logic and reasoning and dont go out to do something just because someone does it or says I should do it.

Thats how I started drinking. I remember I really wanted to drink !! I was convincrd its the cool thing to do. Its the way all muly inhebitions go away and I can finally close my shyness in a box. I almost new with certantity thats there is nothing wrong with it.

Then came a time but I knew Al is not doing good to me ... but still I was drinking ... what happened to me my brain which always followed logic. It now knew that Al is bad but was still drinking ...

I believe at this stage I got this Al brain which clouds everything to get Al. Sence of right and wrong ...

I guess at thr end of the day you have to look deep inside and see that there is a desire to comeout of the mess. And I have to hold on to the desire ... desire of being free, desire of being able to enjoy the life, desire of being free from guilt ..
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Andirue, welcome! I just wanted to send you some support. You will find lots of TOOLS (real strategies and techniques) in a thread called The Toolbox, which is in many member's signatures here. Getting all the alcohol out of your living space is critical. Don't save any, that's just a set up. Stay glued to us here. Keep your stomach full, especially at the times that you are used to starting drinking. Do anything instead of drinking, even going to bed early (can't drink if you're asleep). Walking away from alcohol will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. You will never, ever, ever regret quitting, not even for a second. I hope you stick around! :welcome:
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

A good chilly winter's morning Nesters. On sweet day 16 an feeling good. Just read Rahul post which links in with some thought I was having a few hours ago when I was lying all nice and snug in bed. It went like this : Today as I have said is day 16 for me and I feel I am doing great, I was in the supermarket yesterday and had to go round the alcohol section and it did not trigger any feelings of desire to drink or regret that I would not be drinking, which has done in the past when I have tried to go af literally a 100 of times before. So this morning in my nice warm pit I was thinking what is differant this time to all the other times and I am not 100% sure of the answer is it my mind set ? is the time just right ? is it coming out to my friends and family ( making it privetly public if that makes sense) or is it something else ???? I know I am very spritual and pray for guidence and help to be af ( but I have been doing that for years). But all I do know is this time is differant and I will sucessed at being af. I would be interested to hear others peoples opinion on what was the thing that made them finally become af as I doubt there are many people who do it first time out even though as Rahul says we know the mutli faceted damage al does to our bodies and lives .
                          AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Freezing cold here & I am in a major rush

Welcome Andirue, glad you found us! Yes, you can stop drinking with the help of a good plan & lots of support from like-minded people here. Please stick around for a while & check in frequently!

Poppy, I quit because I finally wanted to quit drinking more than I wanted to continue. The birth of my first grandson motivated me, I am grateful. Now I have three grandkids & spend lots of quality time with them - sober

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul,
                              Good for on day 3!

Anirue, stay and read the toolbox, and keep posting and reading the likes of Byrdie and others who have fought the battle and come out stronger for it. They can and do help!

Poppy,
                              I'm like you this time. I've done all those things in past quits, like pray, seek help, etc., but this time is different. I said earlier that I felt I had been given an amazing gift this round and I still think so. I'm going to appreciate that gift and not sabotage myself.

45 days and I don't drink.
                              Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HumbleRider;1600272 wrote: I don't drink.
                                This is the key, I think, HumbleRider. I'm so glad you have it :l.

As soon as you believe this with all your being, there is no need to debate it with others or with that alcoholic, sweet-talking voice in your head that has so many reasons you should have 'just one or two'. This simple statement or thought can free you from daily stress, wasted time, and worst of all, taking that first of inevitably many, drinks.

Say it or think it and just move on with what is a much, much better life.

Comment

Working...
                                X