Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

When a person has come to that point which he or she says "I'm quitting" there is always that one side that says "forever?" Probably the most critical deciding point in everyone's drinking career. As many have embraced here, doing a day at a time combats that fear. As stated in previous posts, the days add up suddenly before a person realizes it, a month, 2 months etc have gone by.

So a couple of weeks ago I'm thinking that the holidays are coming and oh no!, I'm thinking of drinking, not seriously, but still all the same the thought is there. What the hell is that? Did some posting, got some support from here and now after some time I wipe my brow and thankful that it went no further.

I think what helped the most is knowing that I have quit, I mean I am done with this stuff. I feel as though I've finally "grown up" and out of the need for the crutch that told me I'm cooler, more acceptable when I drink. Hell, I'm so damn cool now they call me Arctic. I found I need to be very firm Mr AL and tell him I gave years, no more. I'm done with you. Free at last!! Merry Christmas to me!

Merry Christmas to all here at the nest. The present of being AF is the best present you can give yourself.

Merry Christmas
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love your positivitey Sam!! welcome Andiru yes you CAN quit drinking,everyone here has been whrer you are,Rahul you hold on to those three days and keep building on them,i KNOW what you are capable of,ive seen it remember water,water more water,eat and eat some more,rest as much as possible,without those those 3 things i would still be in the pit
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for post, Arctic. Just what I needed this morning. What a Christmas gift we are giving to ourselves and those around us!
        Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
          Had trouble sleeping but may be the new meds...we shall see..
          Cold but sunny here and that should help my disposition today...hate the cold and gloomy stuff.
          So grateful for you ALL!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1600288 wrote: When a person has come to that point which he or she says "I'm quitting" there is always that one side that says "forever?" Probably the most critical deciding point in everyone's drinking career. As many have embraced here, doing a day at a time combats that fear. As stated in previous posts, the days add up suddenly before a person realizes it, a month, 2 months etc have gone by.

So a couple of weeks ago I'm thinking that the holidays are coming and oh no!, I'm thinking of drinking, not seriously, but still all the same the thought is there. What the hell is that? Did some posting, got some support from here and now after some time I wipe my brow and thankful that it went no further.

I think what helped the most is knowing that I have quit, I mean I am done with this stuff. I feel as though I've finally "grown up" and out of the need for the crutch that told me I'm cooler, more acceptable when I drink. Hell, I'm so damn cool now they call me Arctic. I found I need to be very firm Mr AL and tell him I gave years, no more. I'm done with you. Free at last!! Merry Christmas to me!

Merry Christmas to all here at the nest. The present of being AF is the best present you can give yourself.

Merry Christmas
            Sam
            Hey Mr. Artic - love your happy posts! All we have is this moment with no promise of the next. Projecting into the future just gets us into trouble (unless we are making a plan!!!). Merry Christmas to you as well, dear friend. Thanks for the wonderful support and advice you have given all year. I'm not drinking today.
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Tired and eating like a horse. That's OK. I'm sober, awake, alive, not energetic but that's OK too. That will come, I know.

Have a great AF day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had to laugh at myself this morning.

I had 11 cents in my pocket and my stupid AV said, "Ooh, a bottle of vodka costs $17.11, I wonder if we have the $17." The new me said, "What the hell? We don't do that anymore."

Have a wonderful day everyone! GWAWKY MAE!
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1600288 wrote: When a person has come to that point which he or she says "I'm quitting" there is always that one side that says "forever?" Probably the most critical deciding point in everyone's drinking career. As many have embraced here, doing a day at a time combats that fear. As stated in previous posts, the days add up suddenly before a person realizes it, a month, 2 months etc have gone by.

Merry Christmas
                  Sam
                  Sam, GREAT POST! You should consider putting that in the Tool Box!!

Quick check in...work is sprouting heads and a spiked tail!!! I'm hitting the road, check in tonight from the hotel! Stay strong eva' body! I promise it's worth it! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonderful post Sam!!! Thank you!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Elvis - Your story made me laugh too...funny what the AL brain can keep track of. I can barely remember my birthday, but I sure as hell know exactly how much a 12 pack costs! LOL

Speaking of Birthdays: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAV!!!! I hope you have a good one, you are a wonderful lady and you deserve all the good things life has to offer! Thank you so much for being here for all of us!!! :h:h

To all the newbies, grab on to us, we can help you through this...just stick close!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Overit! Keep it up. Being tired and hungry all the time will pass. Like Samstone said - sobriety is the best prezzie you can give yourself. Good luck and keep on posting.
                        AF since 28 October 2013
                        600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9 - but it's tomorrow (still 8.5 hours away :H)

Sam, we have given ourselves the best gift ever - hang on to it for dear life
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooopss....sorry Lav. Hold that thought until tomorrow! :h:h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1600443 wrote: Ooopss....sorry Lav. Hold that thought until tomorrow! :h:h
                              :H:H:H

I was just saying over on her birthday thread, leave it to a bunch of alkies to start the party early!!! Bah! XO.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1600498 wrote: :H:H:H

leave it to a bunch of alkies to start the party early!!! Bah! XO.
                                Seriously, where is the "like" button on here.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X