Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Quick check in today!!
    Happy Birthday DEAR LAV! I hope you've had a wonderful day! You deserve all good things on your big day! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick hello. I haven't started taking Antabuse yet, however I have the prescription in hand, and I've talked with my SO. Planning on starting any day now but still nervous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
        Happy Birthday LAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy busy day....allergist want me to have some blood tests etc...I dont like what she is looking for but I hope she is wrong...we shall see.
        Warmed up here a little today. Liked that a lot.
        Craving the wine like crazy and I know it is the time of year. Drinking lots and lots of water and ate dinner. This will pass....
        Happy Birthday LAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday Lav!!'
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, you have come a LONG way. In fact, I would say you have really arrived.....it is a big day when you realize that cravings WILL pass, you dont have to yield to them and start over....you CAN overcome a craving! GREAT WORK!

Photogem, welcome aboard! We are so glad you are here! There is no time like the present! Jump in, there is nothing to be afraid of....its isnt as scary as I made it out to be in my head!

Mr V, glad you are back onboard!

Available, you sound great!
            Byrdie

Dottie Belle;1600937 wrote: MAE all,
            Happy Birthday LAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy busy day....allergist want me to have some blood tests etc...I dont like what she is looking for but I hope she is wrong...we shall see.
            Warmed up here a little today. Liked that a lot.
            Craving the wine like crazy and I know it is the time of year. Drinking lots and lots of water and ate dinner. This will pass....
            Happy Birthday LAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie it was a little tense tonight but I am OK....whew....I feel like I have come a long way too....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see everyone & welcome back Mr V.
                I hope today is your last day 1, no more wrangling with the GSR brothers

Dottie, send those wine thoughts on their way as soon as they enter your mind. They are not really cravings at this point, just thoughts & you can choose to ignore them
                Hope your testing goes well!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, I had a great day with my family!
                Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Photo. I look forward to getting to know you.
                  Humble I know it's hard to believe but those bored, restless, antsy, what do I do with all this time I use to spend drinking, times get fewer and fewer until they are swallowed up by the normal routine things we do everyday.
                  Pav I went out with my daughter and had a delightful nonalcoholic drink that I truly enjoyed. A frozen Mango lemonade. I also have wonderful nonalcoholic beers when we go to social gatherings. I fit in and really no one else cares what is in my glass, only what is in theirs. To quote Byrdie.
                  I am glad to see you back here Mr. V. I too enjoy my sober husband much more. He remembers our conversations, most of the time, and is just a lot easier to get along with.
                  Have a great MAE everyone.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Lav!
                    Hi Mr. V
                    Welcome all newbies
                    Good job Dottie!
                    Really tired tonight and still irritable. Guessing it's still withdrawal ....
                    Listening to Alcohol Lied to Me and enjoying it
                    Night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Slightly tough night tonight. Another work party - the hostess was making cosmopolitans (a former fave of mine). Then I got home and my son (11) had a melt down because he had forgotten to do something very important to him - and he was SO mad at himself. It was heartbreaking and sad to see him like that - a time I would normally want to numb myself with a drink. Then I was driving my other son to his guitar lesson and a song came on that took me right where I heard it last - a yearly trip we take with other adult friends. The trip is to a river and we spend a lot of time laughing and getting silly with no alcohol, and then a lot of time laughing and getting silly with alcohol. Every night we enjoy the sunset sitting in the river with beers. These are our best friends in the world, and if there are any friends with whom I will "come clean" (other than my bestie who already knows) it will be them, but I did get nostalgic for those good drinking times. Of course, there were a couple of times when we drank too much and were hungover the next day, but it didn't matter much because we all did, and then we all just went hiking in the clean mountain air and swimming in the river to revive.

As I mentioned before, you can't have a friend who is sweet as peaches every so often, but usually kicks your ass, ruins your self esteem, tells you how to live your life, bullies you into doing what he wants to do when he wants to do it. I know I can't go back to that beer on the river - ever. That memory is a lie - clouded by the warm sun, cool river and good friends.

What I am doing to snap myself out of it:
                      1. Remembering ODAAT - that trip isn't until summer and I have a LOT of growing to do between now and then. Each day I am away from alcohol makes me stronger. Each time I face feelings like this, I build my sober muscle. I do not drink.
                      2. Posting the whole story here - I am not thinking I want to or can moderate. I am sharing my sadness - all part of the roller coaster of recovery (thanks to Gambler for that analogy). I do not drink.
                      3. I am eating. Boy, am I eating. I do not drink.
                      4. I am making plans for what to do instead of drinking. I just made a plan with my sons and husband to watch Elf tomorrow night, and I will be cooking a delicious and healthy meal to go with it. I also have a good book to read, an all-day hike planned for the first day of vacation, and ice skating on Christmas eve.

OK - thanks for listening if you made it this far.

I posted on your birthday thread, Lav, but Happy, Happy Birthday.

Welcome Newbies. Read, read, read, post, post, post - and listen to the wise people who are sober here. They are your best resource.

Good night - end of Day 18.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wait - she tried to sneak it in. MyLuck has 60 days!

Amazing feat especially in the midst of caring for your DH. Great work!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav, I'm smiling through my tears. Thanks, so heartfelt.

MyLuck, congrats!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday - it was nice

Pavati, you have a great plan, stick to it & you will meet you goals!

Myluck, CONGRATS on 60 AF days - yay!!!

I have a seriously busy day ahead finishing up work & focusing on putting Christmas together for my family. No time for AL & it's negative impact

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Friday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for 60 days congratulations, it means a lot to me - and in the midst of DH stuff - yes it makes my quit a little more difficult. I am determined I will not drink and I will pull my DH out if it.
                              Thank yo all for being here for me :happy:
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

Morning for me - off to my last day of work before a two week vacation. Woohoo.

I know this is a hard time of year for a lot of us, so I am sharing Sunbeam's 101 Ways to Stay Sober (she posted it from Mario). She copied the list and made it her own but deleting what she didn't want to do and adding what she did. I think it is a great list.

Happy Friday, Nesters. What is your weekend plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X