Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mr. V, my husband and I have done the same thing in the past. Funny how we can 'talk ourselves into' that drink that just leads to more debauchery down the road, like the next night, for instance.

Ava, love the smile in the mirror comment. At least I can actually see myself in the morning mirror these days. I couldn't look myself in the face before.

Photo, good luck! Stay strong Dottie--you're becoming a role model around here.

Thanks for the words of wisdom LB--they help me get through those antsy moments.

Pav, I like the way you are dealing with contemplating those summer moments to come. I'm doing the same with some March moments in my future.

Have a great AF MAE everyone and thanks. I'm getting confused on my days, have to recount but I'm getting close to 50. At least that's probably due to my old age and not alcohol consumption.
    Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
      Survived the crazy thoughts last night....boy they can sneak up...
      To add more stuff to the mix we have a water leak in the front yard....no clue how many thousands that is going to cost to fix...one more thing....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job on 60 days Myluck!

Thanks for posting honestly about your feelings regarding your summer trip Pavati. We will all have to face situations like that at some time. Taking it ODAAT is a good idea. You will change a lot between now and then, especially if you stay AF. I try to remember that quitting alcohol is a little like losing your best friend, there will be moments of sadness at times.
        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis - change that thinking to dumping a crappy friend
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck, congrats on 60!
            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HFN

Crazy crazy week .. had the boys basically all week..now next week is full on with them..then the week after too .. WOOHOO !!! Having a great time. Trying to sneak in some Christmas shopping without them knowing has been a challenge .

Anyways I have to cut this short ( they are wanting to play games Woot ! ). I will get back on when I can to give you some updates on whats been going on ( There might be Reconcile on the horizon..who knows but its in the cards ).

MyLuck .. Great job! Im very proud of you..

Ican .. I missed you a bunch .. hope things are going well with you. I will check up on the past few days when I can ok..

Lav.. Happy (belated) Birthday !

WElp.. gotta run .. stay warm and safe ( we are expecting an Ice storm the next day or so..time to stay home )

Dave.
              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH yea I forgot to mention that I bought the new puppy a bed/crate today. DH nearly had a heart attack when he saw the price....but it was half off....and I didn't care it is very pretty and doubles and an end table...this is what happens when there are no 2 legged kids around...;-))
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody!

It's been at least 2 weeks since I checked in. I think that I will hit 90 days next weekend!!!!!!

I have been sewing to beat the band. I have been sewing purses, baskets, cosmetic cases etc. when I started showing off pics of my work, I actually got some orders! Around $300 worth!!!!! So I have been taking pics and hope to open an Etsy store after the new year. Never would've happened if I was still drinking! Getting late. Check in again soon!
                  Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                  -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Kind of quiet around the nest today - hope everyone is OK & just busy shopping & baking cookies

Cat, great you are approaching 90 days!
                    Good on the future Etsy store too!

Greetings going out to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dave misses you too! Ooooh you are inspiring me cat belle
                      Ending day 6 here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Missed not misses

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE:

A little twinge tonight as it is my first day of vacation and I would have normally started the evening with a martini. The twinge was little as I played the scene forward - another martini. Just one night cap. Ok, one more. 3:30am GSR brothers, starting a Saturday with a headache, not enough sleep, and a lot of anxiety. Thank goodness that won't be me tomorrow.

Instead, had a delicious dinner (ok, not too healthy!) of steak, fresh crab and salad. About to watch Elf with DH and the boys. Sober life is a good life.

Cat - sounds great. Good luck with Esty. Glad to hear from you Dave - how great for your boys. Dottie - I want a dog, but our apt. is so small and I think dogs are more work than the two-legged kind (at least they can feed themselves from the fridge). Ican, way to go - see you on Esty, too. Lav - do you bake gluten free? What kind of flour do you use for cookies?

I usually check in right before bed, but if I don't make it, good night all. End of Day 19. Stay strong, stay sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Just checking to see that the nest is open for business on this first day of winter

Pavati, yes I do bake gluten free. I have tried all sorts of gluten free flours & mixes & have found a brand called Gluten Free Caf? works just fine in most recipes & you can find it at Walmart! I have all sorts of flours in my pantry, xanthan gum, potato & tapioca starches if I want to make my own mixture too - it can be a project but interesting
                            Keep your thoughts positive & your eyes on your goal!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have you tried almond flour, Lav? It works really well for many things. The main problem with it is price .

Pavati - your ability to fast-forward to the inevitable outcome combined with your memories of the last time you drank are really setting you up for SUCCESS!

MyLuck and CatBelle - congratulations on your Holiday Milestones - you are now counting MONTHS! Keep doing what you're doing - it's working!

Stay strong, everyone, and this can be a Christmas we can truly enjoy and remember.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

My luck congratulations on day 60. You are doing great!
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X