Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 7 and I'm half way to getting past my day 14 slip. I can't wait. Got through this week with pure determination and not thinking of much else other than making it past day 14!

Comment

Newbies Nest

AF Day 21
      1st post
      Thought about having my mood as Lurking, but that's what I've been doing and I want to thank you all for this community and your posts. I guess I need to participate!

Some thoughts so far. BH thinks I'm boring now, to be fair, maybe I'm not as much "fun". I was called Mary Poppins last night after a few drinks. Crazy!

This is the longest I've been AF in 20+ years. How did I let that happen....

I'm doing supplements only,ordered CDs 10 days ago, still haven't arrived. :damn:

These next 12 days are going to be really hard, I wish those CDs would show up!

-M

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have just watched a documentary about the life in prison. Was astonished to hear how many inmates ended up there because they made terrible decisions when they were drunk.

I was always scared that I would do something stupid while drunk. So good to put this fear behind me.

Allan
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, Everyone:

Alcohol, alcohol everywhere! I get small gifts in my job from various staff members. This year I got a bottle of Orange Cello (vodka), chocolates to "pair with wine," chocolate truffles with the flavors of champagne and hot buttered rum, and a wine bottle holder. DH got a bottle of vodka and a bottle of brandy. What the heck?!

Ok. I got 9 hours of wonderful sleep last night and feel great this morning. Being lazy - reading and drinking coffee, still in my PJs at 9:30am! Going out to hear great music with friends tonight. They will all be drinking and will notice my not drinking, but they will be ok with my "detoxing for the holidays" line and will leave me alone, I think. And I'll be the DD for DH.

Welcome, MarG. Congratulations on 21 days - you're a day ahead of me. If the CDs don't come you can find meditations online. I also suggest Sunbeam's three tips to reduce anxiety that she posted in the toolbox (page 31). I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

Tonight is 20 days for me. In November I chose to drink on night 20 in my attempt to moderate, leading to a very bad week. I will not drink tonight. I don't drink.

Happy sober Saturday, all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

aclassicgirl;1601500 wrote: Day 7 and I'm half way to getting past my day 14 slip. I can't wait. Got through this week with pure determination and not thinking of much else other than making it past day 14!
            Great job, Classic! On Behalf of Byrdie and your fellow nesters, you have earned your full moon for a full week of showing AL who is boss: :moon:. CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1601542 wrote: Great job, Classic! On Behalf of Byrdie and your fellow nesters, you have earned your full moon for a full week of showing AL who is boss: :moon:. CONGRATULATIONS!
                Congrats, Classic! And everyone else for their AF days.

Welcome newcomers, this is the place to be if you want to stay sober. :welcome:

Day 49, feeling better each day.
                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters....back from Charleston...we had a very nice visit with hub's daughter and her husband. I was the DD driver last night. As usual I was the only one not drinking. I was also the only one without a headache this morning. May I say, that it did not bother me one bit to be the only nondrinker there. It did for a long time, I felt like I was missing out, but I am just as social and more engaging now than I was when I was a slurring, loud drunk. It took a while to get there, but I am so thrilled to be rid of that burden! I know we've all had challenges with the season, but it's almost over and we can claim victory! It really IS worth it. I promise. When I first started here, the old timers would fly in from time to time and say how great it was...blah, blah, blah. That was all well and good, but they didn't bother to show me how the hell to do it! (I was a bitter newbie!) Just focus on yourself and NOT on what others are doing...keep your tummy full and your eyes on the prize. Keep yourself glued/velco'd/duck taped to this site~! You can do it! All you gotta do is get thru THIS day.....you can do that!

MarG, welcome aboard! Gosh, you are almost to the major awards around here...you get a hat at 30 days! Hope you are getting your speech ready! So glad you are here.

Also, last week I was traveling and went to dinner with 4 other coworkers. I was shocked that none of us ordered drinks! There was a day that we would have sat there and drank ourselves silly, but everyone ordered water. I must wonder if they have had the struggles with AL that I have. You just never know. This problem is a LOT more pervasive that we think (I think).

Keep up the great work! Thanks, NoSugar, for helping with the awards! Hugs to all! XXOO, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone.

Just a quick check to say day 22 here and keeping positive that there will be no al poured down my throat anytime soon.

Everyone sounds strong for the xmas period.

Today I will not drink
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great work everyone! Pavati you're doing great))

Day 7 done here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening greetings Nesters!

Well - it's officially winter now, everyone nestle in

Hello & welcome MarG! So glad you decided to join us, Congrats on your AF time, life keeps getting better.

Looks like a lot of success happening in the nest & that's great!
                        Hang on tight everyone & have a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican! Congrats on your 7 days!! Nesters, please drop yer pants and lets give her a full moon!!!
                          :moon:

Great job on kicking AL 's arse for a week! Keep up the great work, you will never regret one day of being sober!! B.
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican you are doing great.
                            MarG welcome. You are doing great.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie and LB!!!! Proud

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry I missed that Ican - congrats
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X