Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all !!! Congrats to Ican - great job!
    I am doing good, just stopped by to say hi. Enjoying AF time off - I am on vacation till Jan 2. We went to see "Nutcracker" today with our daughter and her boyfriend. It was fun I was enjoying every second of it.
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

way to go ICAN!!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job on 7 days Ican!
        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Everyone!

Hope everyone's OK. I was thinking, it's a good idea to treat the next few days i.e Christmas, like a long weekend - set your plans and stick to them.

Decide what you will drink in place of Al.

Remember that any family issues are easier to deal with if you have a clear head. And you won't have to regret anything!

Schedule some relaxation time for yourself.

Enjoy the food, absolutely guilt free!

Look forward to the New Year!

love, Steady :h
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Steady, I picked up some af beer today. It tastes ok and beats the hell out of the real stuff. I am in Australia to, near Melb. You can pm me if you want some support over Christmas. I know I will be needing it. There is booze everywhere at the moment. :thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still waiting to see some sunshine but at least it's quite mild out there.
              I have a busy day planned for myself again, no time for AL

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday! Keep your plans & goals forefront at all times!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican, here you go: :moon:

MarG, you and I both had some time under our belts before joining. It's been one of the best things I've done for myself to keep sober. The Toolbox has been very helpful.

50 days today, and I'm not a drinker anymore. Happy AF MAE.
                Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                  No church for us today.dh coughed all night and kept me awake too. He said he is taking his cough meds but I wonder if he is or not..but here we are. HE is sleeping and I am here with my buds...
                  Sure hope the new year is better than this one...way too much stress and mess and and and....
                  I feel pretty good so that is a good thing....at least I can try to enjoy something..not sure what....but I did survive another cliff hanger with the wine last night....hope there are some great gym deals soon.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                    Humble! GREAT job on 50 days! That's half a bird! I am so proud of you!

As I look back on my life, there are 3 or 4 things that I am really, truly proud of, and my QUIT is one of them. If it were easy, everybody'd be doing it! For those of us that are actually doing it, be loud and proud! It isn't easy, but IT IS WORTH IT!

Dot Belle, let's hope 2014 is a better year for all of us! You can be proud that you spent most of 2013 sober and among friends!!

Have a wonderful, AF, Sunday everyone!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

I am waking up to day 21 (or as Available likes to put it, three weeks) feeling great. Went out last night for a great dinner, live music, and even to a bar afterwards. The only hard moment was when we all met at a pub for dinner and everyone had their first beers - passing them in front of my nose, tasting them, etc. That was the only hard moment, however. Dinner was delicious, I laughed as much as I always do with these friends, thoroughly enjoyed the music and even got into a loud discussion/disagreement (all in good fun) at 11:30 at night (something I thought I would mostly do with a few beers in me).

I drove us home after midnight, read a few pages, slept well (if not long enough) and am up to take my younger son to his basket ball game. I don't have a hangover, I don't have to find my gum to cover up my breath, my eyes aren't rimmed in red. I feel strong and grateful that I could have a night like that just when I needed it. Just when I was feeling sorry for myself that I can't drink again, I had an experience to show me I don't WANT to drink again. I feel reinforced going into the holiday.

Ican and Aclass - good going on a week. Hadit - sounds like a good plan.

Humble - I am humbled by your 50 days. I love those BIG round numbers.

Dottie - may your 2014 be easier. The good news is that you made it through the last 100 plus days without booze. I'm sure you were better able to deal with it all in that condition.

Byrdie, Lav, Sam, NS, ML, LB, Steady and anyone else I missed - thanks for the support and the cheer leading. I am off to another busy day. I'll check in later. Happy sober Sunday, Nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati,
                        If you like big round things you should see my butt after all these holiday cakes and cookies! :moon:
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati - congratulations on 3 weeks!!! This is great and it shows your strength. I am extremely happy for you :yay:
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav 3 weeks is awesome!!!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all

Well everyone must be xmas shopping as such a quiet little nest. Just checking in to say all going well and no thoughts of al, no al in the house (except that half a bottle of my daughters wine) and about to trek to the seafood markets and buy some prawns, oysters and fish for xmas lunch and salad. Going to be a warm one in Aus. One more present to get and that is me.

I also need to stock up on lots of fruit for that juicer i am getting for xmas. Does anyone know any good recipes or sites on juices, that would be much appreciated.

Be good and be strong, day 23 for me and today I will not drink.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav
                                congratulations on your 21 days!!! AND being able to just be with folks and enjoy yourself without
                                "the Crutch". Crucial step in a great direction. Good on you!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X