Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

available I have a whole section in my bookmarks on juicing..I will send private message with details.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone, Just checking in to say HI. All seem really busy and doing great gearing up for an af Christmas. About to hit the shops (again). The traffic is a nightmare! Catch up later. Good for all you guys resisting the temptation.................al has given us nothing. The hangovers, the lies, the shit that goes on planning and buying our next drinks ugh!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holidays can be a tough time when battling alcohol.

If you need some inspiration here is a short interview with Anthony Hopkins about his alcohol addiction and how he beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEECu6E0jBo
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Alan, that IS inspiring. We are in very good company, huh? He makes a great point, we are the people we are now because of our experiences, good and bad. Its nice to know that successful people such as he have the same thoughts that I do. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Alan, That's a great video. We are what we are, just have addictive personalities I guess.I know I have. Its all or nothing with me to. I am always a bit restless in some ways. Alkies are a bit like that; often methodical, hardworking and just ridiculously obsessed with things until the booze really takes hold!!! Have a nice af Christmas everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all,

I could write a book about addictive personalities.
              But here we are, collectively kicking all that to the curb

Humblerider, congrats on 50 AF days - they look good on you!
              Pav, congrats on 21 AF days, very nice!

Traffic is crazy but I didn't have to go in any stores today - grateful for that
              Got to play with my granddaughter for a few hours, fun.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. There's safety in numbers

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks humble! Congrats on your 50!!!!
                Have a good night all

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am doing a quick check in. I'm glad you are hanging out with us Hadit.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks LB. I just need heaps of support at this time of the year, so will be in and out a bit. Good luck to you all and merry christmas:h:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Nice to see you hadit
                      Spend Christmas in the safety of the nest, please

I have a million things on my to do list today so I'll just go get started.
                      Wishing everyone a great AF Monday - will be back later!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's!

Some great milestones being reached here. Thanks for that vid Allan. Here's another folks might draw inspiration from........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRVhBOvHGc

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                          Mr G, that was a powerful video, too! It is reassuring to know that this isn't just something that I struggle with!! When we are in the throws of 'being possessed' by AL, you really can't see it....but when you get some distance it makes all the difference. Like the lady said in that video, she would drink at all costs! It is an amazing drug.

Whether you have one day or 1000, keep your quit going no matter what and no matter who. Maintaining what you have is so much easier than starting over. I was thinking this morning about life....my life. The fond memories I have, I mean the really treasured ones, AL is no where to be found. If you think that you will not have any more fun if you are AF, you are just plain wrong! You CAN have fun, just not drunken-idiot-getting hurt fun. I have cringing memories of AL, sad ones....but the memories I treasure are all ones where I'm sober. It's not what's in your glass, it's what's in your heart.
                          Have a great day! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, Ican, Pav and all, thanks for the support on my 50 days. I know I couldn't have done it without this place.

Allan and Mr. G, thanks for the links. I like these video reminders very much.

Busy day today. Happy MAE, stay strong and sober, we can do this!
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

just starting

I am new to posting but have lurked for awhile. I really need to stop drinking. Had my husband.s family over. I worked so hard on making it a nice celebration. and then made an ass out of myself by drinking too much. I embarrassed my husband and children. Icannot live like this anymore. I have a terrible hangover,

Comment

Newbies Nest

G,

thanks for that video.

I think it highlights the stereotypes when it comes to alcoholics. People always assume that alcoholics are drunks. However, there is a huge difference between the two. A massive proportion of the population binges on weekly or monthly basis but they don't think of them as alcoholics, because they think that alcoholic is someone who is on the streets, in rough clothing and without a job.

Just like Laurie said play hard (get drunk) work hard mentality is common and is never associated with having a drinking addiction.
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X