Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 9 done and dusted - tough one .....
    Welcome Iclem!
    Night all

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Been busy and haven't scrolled back through previous pages, sorry.

Well done Pavati, stay close! :goodjob: You're going well too, ICan, keep it up! :goodjob:

Here's wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas. And really wishing a sober Christmas for all too, you won't regret it! Keep to your AF plans!

love,
      Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, congratulations to HumbleRider too! :goodjob:
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Christmas Eve everybody looks like everybody is doing well , staying strong , planning for the holiday and getting support here. Will be the first af Christmas for me for many a year but I am embracing the liberation being af gives me , no shame, guilt , having to say I am sorry and no HANGOVER !! wa hay !!
          Its better to be Hanging - in than Hungover !!!
          AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great stuff Poppy. You are doing it!

Merry christmas to all who celebrate it and happy holidays everyone.

Strapping in with some fresh new velcro attached to butt. There are a few tail feathers a'shakin on a branch over yonder. Hey! Stop fooling around over there!

As Byrdy say's......You just gotta get through this day! That is all. Stay close here if need be.

Take care everyone, and compliments of the season to you and your families.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone. Lots of interesting reads on the nest. Xmas Eve here and prawns thawing with the fish and damn to the person who served me who did not put in my oysters sigh. Oh well before the hungover me would have cursed for hours and drank to make the anger go away.

I think back to last year and at this time i would have been nearly finished a bottle and just settling to watch xmas carols on the tv with the second and then not remembering the end of the show. This year i am watching the Royal Gala Performance and enjoying the entertainment with a cup of tea and a ham sandwich. Which would I prefer? My cup of tea and a hungover free day tomorrow.

Welcome to the newbies, its a journey and a half but well worth it and the benefits outweigh the poison of AL being in our lives.

As Mr G says one day at a time and for today I do not drink.

Sorry if i am shaking your branch Mr G, it is Christmas!
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. Wishing everyone a great Christmas.

Hope everyone has a great time AF and can enter the New Year feeling full of energy and confidence.

Londoner

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sunny & seasonably chilly in my part of the world once again

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve with friends, family & a good plan to stay on your AF path
                  I'll be busy cooking all day for a house full of people tonight. I will not drink!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops, think I missed the announcement, good job on 50 days HumbleRider!
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank God for friends who shine a light for us to see when we are in the darkest times of our lives.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ho ho and no no to the drink. have a merry merry, friends
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all.

It is Christmas Day in Aus land and the people down the street are having a party and bugger me they have a microphone also so the whole street can hear. Had a thought that if i was drunk i would be passed out but no al in this house and I can sleep in tomorrow. Having xmas lunch so shut eye will come.

May you all have a sober christmas eve or christmas day. Hugs and love and thanks so much for all your support and help in this journey to be AF.

Congrats Humble on your 50 days. Be proud girl!

25 days today.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Elvis and Steadfast for the well wishes and support on my 50 days. Means a lot to come here and get encouragement.

I've got one more day to finish getting food, etc. for Christmas. Now I find out I've got a baker's dozen headed my way when I only expected half that. Well, the upside is I will be so busy that I won't think about a drink!
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you to all for your words of wisdom. It is amazing to me how alcohol can cause such similar devastation to unrelated people. I hate the power it has over me. If someone told me I could not have anything else in the world for the rest of my life I would say fine. Why then is alcohol such a big deal? I think I need to stop questioning it's power over me and except it. It just makes me so angry that I can not control myself around it. I guess I am just competitive to a fault. I believe I should have control, that a better person would have control.
                              Does that ring true for anyone else?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                                Little Beagle, I hope everything is ok up on your branch...thinking of you.
                                Humble, sadly, there is no 50 day prize.... excuse me? WHAT? There IS?????
                                I've been handed Humble's humorous headpiece!!
                                Please accept this!
                                :crowned:
                                How's that for a 50 day award?!!!!! Well done!!

Iclem....if you recall your stages of grief, Anger is the first one! So you are going in the right order! If you check out the Tool Box, there is something on the stages....I'll go find it and post it for you. Lookie here, there are plenty of strong people here, but AL is stronger! Addiction is stronger than any of us, so don't feel weak, ashamed or helpless! Our disease has a cure!!! Some of the finest people I've ever met I've met right here on MWO, so there is nothing to apologize for!! We have doctors, lawyers, school superintendents, leaders of churches and politicians all right here with you. There isn't anything to be ashamed of in QUITTING! I've done some pretty stupid things tho while drinking! As long as you are quit, it's a short conversation about any drinking problem....at least that's what I've found. I don't have a drinking problem now cause I don't drink! Let me go see if I can fish out that post....be right back.
                                B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X