Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Merry AF Christmas my friends - I wish you all strength and health. Everything else we can buy.
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas my friends! May we all find the strength we need to carry on without AL in our lives.
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas, Nesters! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Eve! Wishing everyone strength for the new year!!! Xo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

All is quiet at my house now after a great dinner with three very excited grandkids. I feel for their parents having to take them home & try to get them settled down for the night - been there & down that

Hello & welcome Rivergal, glad you found us!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest &a Merry Sober Christmas to all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night nesters. Enjoy your Christmas!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-H-t-Wz1VN...-12-24_100.jpg
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night nesters. All I want for Christmas is my husband to quit drinking
              :h
              AF since 10/20/2013
              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
              Meat free since 09/20/2008
              ---------------------------------------
              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope you get your Christmas wish, MyLuck. It is a wonderful gift we can all give ourselves.
                Have a special day, Everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all

Lovely to see everyone here and so strong. Iclem, welcome, I hope you are coping over the holiday - I am sorry to hear about your mother and your sister. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas day! It's drawing to a close here in Australia. We had three children here plus a grandchild and a partner, so it was 8 of us all told, quite a houseful.

I am now 32 days completed, AF.I am so thankful, and I am so relieved to be here. I have a particularly challenging issue but thus far I've managed to ignore it - one daughter gave me three bottles of my favourite wine, another one gave me one bottle. They clearly haven't realised (but why would they, to be honest) but it affirms to me how devious I had become in keeping my alcohol abuse from them. Also, because I am not ready to make my big announcement, I have dropped a few hints on the lines of 'I'll drive you home, because I haven't drunk for a few weeks because I was ill (true) so I may well not drink on Christmas Day." It's evidently fallen on deaf ears, bless them. So now not only am I ignoring my husband's wine rack, but I now have to somehow ignore the four bottles of wine on the cabinet that were given to me today. I am not drinking today, but I have had to give myself a very stiff talking to, I can tell you.

I am sorry I don't get on here very much - I have been pretty ill for several weeks and just as I got back on my feet I got sent to hospital by the GP in a lot of pain, and learned that all the coughing I have done throughout my pneumonia, has given me torn muscles in my stomach! Great! But never mind, I have made it through the hard times without doing what I would have always done before, so I'm really pleased and very optimistic. Nervous, and a little anxious about those four bottles sitting there, but at this moment I am determined not to touch them!

I'm sorry I don't get here very often but it's very hard to get privacy to write. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!
                  ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas to all the MWO'ers overseas. As sixty says our day is almost complete in Aus. ML i hope your wish comes true for you and for him.

Happy to say i received a blender and a juicer so the children listened to me for once. I spent the day cooking and eating and drinking juice. A fleeting thought of vodka would be nice in this crossed my mind and i dont drink vodka. Gees always need to keep on our toes. This has been my first af xmas in i cant remember and it has been lovely. i did miss my glass of wine, i wont deny that at all but i also did not want to drink. I cant have one drink, it is impossible as the cycle will start again and i dont want that. I missed not having a full glass next to me while i was cooking and going to the fridge and getting more. I do not miss sitting on the lounge passing out, not remembering lunch time conversation, after lunch and night time. There is nothing good about al that could entice me to have a glass. I am grateful for being alcohol free.

Sixty good on you for your 32 days. I told my children straight away and they have been a wealth of support to me. I cant lie to them about drinking and it keeps me accountable. Most people on here would say to re-gift your wine, that seems to sort the problem out of looking at it!

Merry christmas everyone and i hope you enjoy your day with your families and friends and animals.

xxx
                    Day 25 and thank you everyone for helping me on this journey from the bottom of my heart.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Available - yes, while I was cooking lunch I did hark back to the old days when I'd have been pie-eyed even before the meal was on the table but my feelings were mostly relief that I've broken free of those awful binds. Over lunch the wine witch wasn't far away at one point but as I was actually doing the driving, it was easy enough to ignore her. For the moment the offending four bottles are tucked away at the bottom of *his* wine rack so they are not right in front of my eyes. Re-gifting the wine came into my head too as a good solution but there's an odd kind of logic in there somewhere! Guess I'll have to think of someone I am pretty sure has no problem... and just hope they aren't as devious as me! Have a great evening, Available, whatever is left of it. I'm aiming to get back to normal as quickly as possible so that I can keep on uninterrupted with the 'work in progress.' Thank you for your kind wishes on my 32 days, I feel really happy! It's been my first entirely AF Christmas for about 40 years.

I am definitely not drinking today.
                      ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Merry Christmas to all!

sixtyfour, glad to see you back & congrats on your 32 AF days - wonderful
                        Regift that wine & get your husband to move his to an area you do not frequent - that's what I did, nothing wrong with that! Hope you continue to feel better, getting over pneumonia takes a while.

available, enjoy the juicer, what a great way to start the new year

My son & his family will be back for dinner again tonight. He was at work & missed yesterday's festivities. He knows I'm just going to drag out leftovers but he doesn't mind :H

Enjoying some coffee in the quiet before the insanity begins again!
                        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Christmas day.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to pop in to say Merry Christmas nesters
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas to my new nesties. I am joining the nest and hope to get to know you all in the new year.
                            Was the DD last night (two glasses of wine early in the evening so I was fine). Now that I've learned how to multi-quote it won't be such a challenge keeping up with all of you. I used to get so lost in these forums trying to respond to all the amazing folks was a nightmare but now I think it'll be easier.

Enjoy what's left of Christmas Day, folks. No drinks for me today.
                            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back, SoberSoul and hello Pauly and 64! Good to see everyone!

Old habits DO die hard, but they DO die! Keep hanging in there and forming new habits! It will become your new (wonderful) normal! 3 years ago, I would have already started drinking and it's only 9:40 this morning...I would have had to be 'really careful' to make it thru to the dinner I'm going to tonight. What a hamster wheel. 'Really careful' = not S*itfaced. I am so thankful for MWO and the people here who showed me how to be (and STAY) sober! Lav, special thanks to you this day! I can't thank you enough for believing in me (even when I didn't). I appreciate your patient (but stern) guidance. You are absolutely THE BEST!

Merry Christmas to all!! Make it memorable, DON'T drink no matter what and no matter who! It is NOT worth it. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm IN, Byrdie! Who else? We can make it The Merriest! :h NS

Comment

Working...
                                X