Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas!

I'm so happy thinking about those of you enjoying your first AF Christmas Day. I KNOW it isn't easy! What a precious gift you are giving to yourself and those that love you.

I'm very proud to be here with all of you today. Have a great AF day.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas! To those down under and thereabouts, hope you had a good one!

Iclem, so sorry about your mom and sister, rough on a person who is trying to stop drinking. About alcohol, I so identify with you. The shame in front of family and friends, the bruises you can't place in time, the false sense of anticipation and excitement, followed by the depression and guilt, wanting to speed up the clock to a truly sober existence. And I am a 58 year old woman. I don't want to go there anymore.

Allan, thank you for the link. When my son died, since he loved animals so much, we asked that all memorial donations be sent to PAWS. I'm sure he loved that.

64, congrats on day 32. I too had been drinking for 40 years with a few periods of respite (like when I was pregnant). It feels great to have an AF holiday for a change, doesn't it? Ignore those talking bottles of wine. They don't have anything of worth to say to you.

Ava, that juicer is going to come in handy--great gift. Congrats on day 25.

Lavande, NS, MyLuck, Pauly, Sober soul, Byrdie, Pinecone, Sam, Pav, Rivergal, Dottie, LB, 3June, and everyone else, have a great AF MAE and thanks for my Christmas gift of your support.
      Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all and Merry Christmas!!
        First AF Christmas and it feels good...
        It is just dh and me today. I hope his kids call...didnt send even a card...ungrateful kids...I could go on but I wont...
        We will just chill here today..I have a nice dinner planned for later...if I could just clean off the dining room table but that will get finished some day..this is a NO stress Christmas..
        Hope we ALL have a wonderful AF day!!!!!!!!!!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas to all! I'm having a quiet stressless day and loving it. Tonight is dinner with the family. First AF Christmas in my entire adult life.

I come from a large family, most of whom are heavy drinkers. In the past, I got through the stress of Christmas by drinking. I got through the lonely Christmases by drinking. I got through the family dynamics by drinking. Learning new coping mechanisms is what this journey has been all about for me. I've done an hour of yoga, had a hot bath, I'll bring food and AF drinks, I'll ignore the behaviours of others I can't change and hang out with those whose company I enjoy.

Starting with you guys. You've been a lifeline to me, I hope in some small way I have helped you too.

Best wishes to you all!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Humble

It has been a rough few years or me. How awful that you lost your son. That is not the natural order of things. I cannot imagine your grief. My daughter was in a terrible car accident Feb. 14,2011. We almost lost her. The police came to the door to tell us to hurry to the ER, and that it did not look good. Her story is miraculous. It was a long recovery, but she is doing very well now.

The tragic things that happen in life make problems with alcohol harder for me. I want to change that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

All - I hope you all enjoying Chrismas day. I think it is my first Christmas Day where I feel like human and no hangover !!!! OMG I can't describe the feeling. So good.
              AF since 10/20/2013
              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
              Meat free since 09/20/2008
              ---------------------------------------
              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two parties down, one to go! Hang in there everyone! Hope everyone is staying strong! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry christmas to all who celebrate it, and happy holidays to everyone.

How are y'all doing? Boxing day here. I had a nice xmas day lunch with family. No stress, easygoing, and fun. Great to catch up with my sister who lives far away. :h

Hope everyone's kicking some ass in your own way.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

HumbleRider;1602884 wrote:
                    Allan, thank you for the link. When my son died, since he loved animals so much, we asked that all memorial donations be sent to PAWS. I'm sure he loved that
                    I am very sorry to hear about your son. He was right about the animals, there are so pure and loving creatures
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in on the way to family party number three. Feeling strong, staying sober. First time no alcohol for Christmas in 11 years when I was pregnant! A great gift to myself.

Merry Christmas everyone. Stay strong. Will check in after this feast if I can stay awake long enough. Xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all and Merry christmas day to ones over yonder.

So many af today and what a great feeling it is. Family, family and more family are what makes it special.

Today I am just going to clean up the mess from yesterday that i could not be bothered to do yesterday and I was going to my daughters today but we had an altercation to put it nicely and I just cant go there, i am not strong enough in my sober self to deal with the bitterness she is spewing forth at me today. Who needs a husband when you have adult children i say.

I hope everyone got some lovely presents but the best present is a sober one. For me, well i cant remember my first sober xmas eve or christmas so I have really given myself the best present there is.

Thanks especially to Byrd and Lav for you unconditional support on MWO, without you guys I would not be in the happy sober place i am in now.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really enjoyed day 250 af today. And a sober Christmas. No GSR. What a relief that is.
                          Merry Christmas everyone.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HFN MAE and Gwawky Christmas Nesters

What can I say..been spending each minute with the boys. I never had time to think much of anything else besides the "hey day..dad..dad". Yea they are little sponges right now. I had an ok Christmas but it was kinda hard being the first broken one. They are looking at the bright side of things.." Well dad its kinda cool having two Christmas'ss's" lol.

Anyways Im going to get going so we can play the new game on PS3 ( Same game as before but with an add-on ). They cant get enough of it...

Just to let everyone know..I have them til like Jan 4th or something..so getting in a good hearty post might be a bit hard. I will try to cram in some time after they go to sleep ( yea right lol ) or when they wake up ( the little guy wakes up early though ).

Anyways Be good to yourselves and I hope to see many of you that kept your Christmas present for yourselves. This is my first sober one in many o year..Feeling great about it ( a lot more time spent with the boys ! )..

LOL...the older one is reading what Im typing..he agreed !

Welp Im off..stay safe and peace.

Dave.
                            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, everyone! Im so proud of us all! AL is everywhere and we have said NO to it. Onwards and upwards! Have a wonderful night! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats LB! I'm AF today ... Day 11 I think? Maybe 12 but miserable with anxiety. I felt a lot better on day 12 previously when I quit. I do have a lot of stressors but the anxiety is really making it harder not to drink...

Comment

Working...
                                X