Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters!!! Good day. Big congratulations to Little Beagle on 250 days AF - you are my inspiration among some other senior members. Great job, considering all the stress you have right now in your household.
    I am a little under the weather - got some nasty cold and lost my voice I hope it comes back by afternoon as we have our first therapist session today with my DH.
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

Does anyone else feel a little sad after Christmas. Looking for some tools.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iclem,

I for one am happy that it is over.

Have a terrible hangover...

Chocolate hangover that is.

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
          I am glad it is over and now we can move on to a AF new years eve...since we don't go anywhere I would sit here and drink all night so I am NOT going to do that this year...I will find something else to do...not sue what just yet but something..
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Myluck-hope all goes well.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Two years ago today, I decided I was done. Done waking up at 3am with anxiety crushing my chest. Done struggling through the day with a hangover. Done drinking myself to blackout everynight. Done waking up and wondering what I did the night before. Done slowly killing myself.

Was it easy? NO. Was it worth it? YES! I could not have come this far without my dear friends here at MWO.

To all the newbies, if it seems overwhelming, or that you just can't do it...believe me, YOU CAN!! Take it one day, hour, minute or second at a time. Just get through it. You will never regret quitting drinking.

Love,
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

2 years!

Congrats!

Ya, we'll have the same quit date, and it must be a lucky date.

Did you cut your hair? It looks great.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

2 questions:

1) I can't get my mood icon to change . What am I doing wrong? I go into User CP and click on it but nothing happens.

2) Will my face or skin ever get better. I hate the red skin and veins shouting to everyone that I was a drunk.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can someone tell me what MAE stands for?

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE

myra;1603169 wrote: Can someone tell me what MAE stands for?
                      morning, afternoon,evening

It covers our wide scope of time zones

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

As I scroll through old posts, I cannot help but notice how many members seem to just drop off. I have to admit, it is a little discouraging

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iclem,

don't be.

this is a newbies nest. Some regulars migrate to regulars' part of the MWO forum. If you do a search on them you will see that many still post but just not here

Others choose not to post after a certain AF period as this constantly reminds them of their dark past.

And of course there are some that just feel embarased to post here after a few failed attempts.

AK
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1603149 wrote: Hi Nesties!

Two years ago today, I decided I was done. Done waking up at 3am with anxiety crushing my chest. Done struggling through the day with a hangover. Done drinking myself to blackout everynight. Done waking up and wondering what I did the night before. Done slowly killing myself.

Was it easy? NO. Was it worth it? YES! I could not have come this far without my dear friends here at MWO.

To all the newbies, if it seems overwhelming, or that you just can't do it...believe me, YOU CAN!! Take it one day, hour, minute or second at a time. Just get through it. You will never regret quitting drinking.

Love,
                            K9
                            Well Done K9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't cope with post drinking anxiety either.

AK
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - great post! You can't say it any better.
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9!! Wow, 2 years today??! Congratulations! I will bring out the Pep Squad and celebrate!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

There aren't enough words to express my love and admiration to you!! This has been a very challenging year for you, yet you continued to be a beacon for others here! I am so proud of your sobriety! Thank you for staying in the NN and sharing your story!! You are such a treasure! Congratulations!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X