Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You are a big legend Niner! :h

Love your work, and thanks for sticking around here. Bravo!

Day 66 here nester's, almost the number of the beast. Well i tells ya's, hot diggity dawg, if i don't do something about the hair creeping up on me back, i'm going to look like a beast!

Velcro on butt and strapped in. Let's go!

Kick some arse in your own way out there y'all. Think positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're all strapped in, G!! Are you driving? Hold on eva'body!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1603260 wrote: We're all strapped in, G!! Are you driving? Hold on eva'body!! Byrdie
        Yeah Byrdy, i'm great behind the wheel! No sense of direction though! But moving in a forwardly fashion.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Check in time and busy on board the nest.

LB congrats also on your 250 days, keep doing what you are doing. I cant wait to have a "0" on my days.

K9 i love your hair it really suits you. I hope your christmas was good and you got spoilt. Big congrats on 2 years. I remember your struggles and honesty and you MADE IT although we can never be complacent.

A chocolate hangover is a great feeling Alan, i had a few days of wanting to have a wine but they passed in a second or so. God the thought of posting Day 1 is scary enough for me to not even think of going there though yesterday was a close call.

Welcome Myra and ODAT is all we can do and listen to the wisdom of the "oldies" on here. Tough love is by far the best love with giving up al. My mantra is "today I will not drink". Keep remembering your last bender and how bad it felt and how you dont want to be in that place again.

Over, you can do this. I think each time we become more determined until something clicks in us and i know i just felt relief that i was getting off this merry go round.

Lav hope you had that nana nap. I find if i have a nap i cant sleep till forever, i will be glad when my sleeping pattern sorts itself out.

Mr G if you are driving i will walk thanks, a good motivator to start i say.

Well I am going to finish my cleaning which has turned into a mammoth task. I seem to start one thing then another and then have to finish the whole lot. Before I would have had a wine and finished nothing so i am pretty chuffed that i will have clean walls and a clean loungeroom that has needed some desperate cleaning for a couple of years. Its amazing how al stops us from achieving anything in our life except thinking of the next drink and the next.

Today I will not drink.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep that thought going available

Welcome back Myra. Get your plan together & make a strong commitment - you can do this too!

K9, CONGRATS to you kid
            I just posted on your party thread but I think I should bake you a cake or something 'chickeny' :H

G, which way are you going again? :H
            Stick with us, we'll all give you a hand

Never did get that nap today - just as well I guess!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1603282 wrote:

G, which way are you going again? :H
              Stick with us, we'll all give you a hand
              I Thank my lucky stars you're all here Lav! :nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, K9 You are a legend around here and have helped so many, me including. thanks xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - Congratulations! You are such a wonderful presence here at MWO - you're funny, honest and extremely supportive. Two years is an amazing milestone - thanks for sharing all of your journey with us and for your unwavering support. As I have said several times, I am holding tight to your tail feathers (you might have to reinforce them with duct tape to adjust for my new weight after all of the eating I have done this holiday season).

Mr. G - if you're driving I am IN. We don't need a direction - it is all about the journey.

Available - Drinking never kept me from housework - I don't seem to have that compulsion that others do. I wish I could catch that bug, but mostly I just live in a messy (but clean underneath!) house. Maybe you should visit?

Welcome back, Overit - we missed you and I am happy you are here. I had a similar experience that I have taken to calling The Thanksgiving Massacre. I keep that memory at the front of my mind as protection against any crazy thinking of moderation. That ship has sailed for me.

Myra - I am only 25 days sober, but one great piece of advice I got back on Day 1 was writing down how awful I felt in great detail. That way if I am thinking that I want to have "just one" I can read it to remember that feeling. There is no drink in the world that would make that worthwhile for sure.

Dottie - I am a New Years home body - even when I was drinking I liked to stay home. I can't stand the hoopla and expectations of the BEST TIME EVER. I even have stayed relatively sober as I have been with my kids. Mostly what I like to do is to cook a special dinner and watch a good movie. Here on the west coast of the US we watch the celebration in New York at 9 our time and then can get to bed!

Allan - you scared me - I saw you say you were hungover and it shocked me - until I read the next sentence. Hah. I'm hungover from all of the rich food for sure. My weakness is the savory/butter/meaty food more than chocolate, although I don't really turn down anything tasty.

Hadit - good to see you hanging tight. New Year's will be a piece of cake!

lclem - I used to think that same thing - I still worry and wonder about some people who have checked in here and then disappeared - not to other threads, but off the site completely. I think people check in here with hungover desperation, but never really had the mindset to stay sober. I hope they will be back or that they found another way out. I don't think it is a reflection of the program, however, as really you get what you put into it. At Day 25 here and one piece of advice that has helped me is to read, read, read and post, post, post. It has helped me sort out my own feelings and understand what the real process of sobriety is.

Myra - welcome, you have found a great spot.

MyLuck - good luck with your husband. I think that counseling will help you for sure. Even if it doesn't help your husband become sober (which I hope it does), it will help you figure out how to deal with your feelings about it. Hugs to you.

Gambler - great to hear from you. I'm glad your boys are keeping you busy. Have fun!

Lav - I hope you got your nap - I am a terrible napper. I can't usually fall asleep unless I am VERY tired, and then if I am that tired I can't wake up.

Byrdie - Love your pep squad. Thanks for being here for us and your wonderful, supportive, real posts.

I am sure I missed several people, but this nest moves quickly (especially with G at the helm). Stay strong and stay sober, everyone. Let's do this thing. I'll check back in later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats K-9 on your 2 years!!!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Pav for the encouragement. I really want to make this work. I can see there are some very committed people here also. I plan to be one of them.

K9 I don't really know you yet, but 2 years is amazing Congrats!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job on 2 years K9!
                        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

All, so we went to the therapist today it was good, some hard moments to tell the truth about AL and our history with it, even thought the point of visit was my "controlling" issues. The therapist said - so it is all about him quitting drinking? I said yes. So today we were there together and next step - she will see us separately next week.
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad it went well ML, i never thought i would go and see a psychologist but i think there comes a point where we all need help to move on. I hope it all goes well for you. Hugs
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you,available. The only thing that ticked me off a little that during the visit, the therapist stated in front of both of us that what I do is not helping DH but even makes it worse. Could she just wait and tell me that when we are alone? Was it necessary to say it in front of him?
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in as I leave work. Pavati-I had that same T-giving as my quit date was just a day behind you but I must be a slow learner. But, that's over. I'm definitely just exhausted and want off that dang roller coaster. Like some say, it's actually easier to quit drinking than it is to keep it up. I can't wait to wake up refreshed and ready to go. I LOVE that feeling. Gotta run.

I'm strapped in and I don't care who's driving because I know we're all sober anyway.

Have a great evening!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X