Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:goodjob::applaud::rockon::woot:
    WooHoo and WTG K9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I sure hope so Overit
      It is ultimately your choice to hop off the roller coaster & walk away from it, forever!

Myluck, I hope your therapist is going to be sensitive to your needs. Don't be afraid to speak up if she's not. Wishing you the best!

I hope everyone is strapped in for a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LB, it's a day late I think, but I wanted to say congratulations on your 250 days! That's just outstanding. I'm very happy for you.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Contests K9. You are an inspiration to us all
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

LB and K9 - many, many congratulations! That's just wonderful! I can't wait to be where you are now! Pavati - you are doing so well, and I like to read your insightful comments. Lavande - still haven't gifted my wine! Can't move hubby's wine stock either, no room in this little house, so I just have to ignore it and hope it makes me tougher I'm hopeless at remembering who posted what, but another nester was given alcohol too..... it's hard, but brilliant work on resisting it! I've temporarily stored my four (unwanted) bottles on the bottom of the wine rack but now the real festivities are over I'm feeling strong and not tempted. Byrdie, I love your wise words, you are an inspiration!

And Iclem - it is depressing when you give up alcohol, but don't let the other nesters' presence (or not) influence you at all. This is all in your hands. Other nesters gave you a few reasons why people might appear to disappear, but I've got another reason for my infrequent postings -- a serious lack of privacy. I don't want my inner thoughts, and my struggles broadcast to all and sundry, and haven't told my husband that I'm not drinking.. he just thinks I'm still not well. I've turned my screen around to write this as he's reading something on his screen but he's there, just 12 inches away from me, and theoretically he only has to look up and he can see I'm on some forum or other.... I'm doing this on my own for my own reasons, but it does mean that sometimes I can post, sometimes I can read but not post, sometimes I can't even read. Don't be discouraged that some of us don't post all the time. Don't even be discouraged when you read that someone has had a bad day, slipped back to Day 1. Your choice is your choice alone. You can do this! Having said that, you will get enormous support from so many people on here, and even the slip sliders make wonderful uplifting remarks that can spur you on.

Again, I'm sorry that I'm so useless at remembered who said what, but it was great to read everyone's stories and I wish everyone really well as we all head into a new, and sober, year. This is my 35th day, so I'm almost 5 weeks AF! God bless, everyone!
            ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters.......well here I go again.....after 17 days AF Christmas arrived and the one drink was not on its own! So today is going to be yet another day 1.......
              Feeling ill, again! Feeling a failure too.......got to get the feel good factor I was having whilst free of AL.
              Congrats to all who are in the zone!!! Keep it up. You really inspire me to do better this time!
              Good night all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there GG

Congratulations K9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use a lot if your sayings to get past urges... Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 you really are an inspiration to me.
                  Thanks everyone. MWO is really helping me through some tough times. No matter how difficult the situation, drinking will only make it worse. Lesson #1 for me. I have made that my mantra.
                  Have a great MAE everyone.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SF glad you are staying positive and posting when you can. My boys say "are you ever off that site" and i say no not at the moment. Open 24/7 for me and i am lucky i can do that. My boys are just proud that i am doing so well, now if only they would stop drinking my af drinks.

Gotta sorry for your slip but you are back on here. I did 40 days and yes thought i would celebrate with one wine, oh god forbid why do us alkies think we can be normal. Of course it led to a downward spiral, not as bad as previously but nonetheless it happened. The last few days were really hard for me also and yesterday I so nearly bought a bottle. I just thought "why" al is not my friend, I am doing so well, I can get past this. Keep on here and keep posting, you can do this.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. available 40 days caught me out, thought I could mod.Hell bells!!!!I am an alkie WHY do we think like that? My goal now is to stay af and get through NYE sober. its still very much a odat for me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Phew! Made it thru an AF Xmas, the first in my adult life. Being AF made it smoother; the day itself didn't make me feel like i was hanging on the edge of a precipice. It was what it was, and i enjoyed it with family.

Welcome to the Newbies in the Nest. There's no time like NOW to start your AF life. :welcome:

Congratulations, K9 on a huge milestone. :goodjob: I really get a lot from your posts, thankyou! :thanks:

Must get back to work now; stay well everyone,
                        love, Steady
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Done steady, I am in Australia near Melb. And you............. what part of this beautiful country do you live in ? My next goal is to remain af up to and incl NYE. Probably will head off to a movie with my wife. Will definitely be stearing clear of parties and anywhere else that booze might be.:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

GG We have all fallen at one time! 17 days shows you can do it! Just jump back up and start again.:thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hadit, i'm near Melbourne too. Bracing myself for tomorrow's heatwave. Much easier to deal with these AF days!

I would say 'good luck' with staying AF thru to NYE, but it's not luck you need. Self-determination, support, and a good plan are the go! Going to the cinema sounds good.

Take care Nesters, stay true to yourself and your commitment to an AF life !
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady, Just got back from an anniversary dinner.....sober!! Normally I would have put away 2 bottles of wine and more but stuck to water. Definitely plans are needed especially in the early days of a quit. I take AB and find it is a huge crutch. You JUST can't drink with it. There is no mind games, do I or don't I drink....you just can't!! So I have found that helps enormously. Well I am about to hit the sack so another af day done and dusted. I have to take it odat at the moment. NYE looking at a film is a better plan than seeing the NY in at some boozy party. Catch u tomorrow.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X