X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Glad to see our southern hemisphere checking in & doing well

I have a busy day ahead, work, exercise & a quick stop for some food shopping. Keeping my day full keeps me focused ~ always has

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats K9!
      Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! I still fighting my cold or whatever it is - but I will go to do my hot yoga now and hope this will help
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters! Good to see everyone!!
          Hadit, I'm so glad to hear you made it thru ok...taking the choice off the table is key, no matter how you do it! For us Alkies, having a choice leads us skipping down the garden path with butterflies and romantic sunsets. Take the choice to drink out of the equation. I WILL NOT DRINK! At least that's what I do and so far, so good. To me and my situation, it's like ok, LIVE or DIE? Which will it be? Simple as that...when I drank, I was getting nowhere in record time!
          Steady, always good to see you! Gosh, you are knocking on the door of 9 months AF!! GREAT JOB!!
          Hope everyone has his plan in place for the weekend and the New Year! We can't just wish for it, we have to MAKE it happen!! Hugs to all today, Friday is just another day!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE--

Checking in on Friday morning (I'm on vacation for two weeks). I had a lovely AF day yesterday - not even tempted. I usually steer clear of NYE parties, so it shouldn't be too hard for me. We have another family coming over with their kids and will hang out, play games and eat a good dinner.

My plan for today is to clean a little, take my son to his basketball tournament and maybe catch a movie. No alcohol in my plan, as you can see. Let's keep it that way.

Happy Friday, everyone. Here's to another sober weekend. We're almost to January when everyone will be joining us in abstinence after overdoing it this holiday season and we will be ahead of them!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Going to the Zoo tonight...they have a beautiful light show for the holidays..weather is going to be about 40 so not so frigid....going with same friends then out to dinner...finally doing something fun, WooHoo
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. Had a good nights sleep, hit the gym but couldn't give it my all so I just took it easy on myself, tummy is a little off but I know that will get better with time. NO desire to drink, took my AB for the day, picking up a new prescription this weekend, and plan on having a sober NY!

Congrats to everyone's hard work, no matter how you are getting it done.

By the way, I've come to realize that I'm not an alkie......I'm a drunk!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties and Happy Friday!!!

Thank you all for the well wishes. I have to say that I couldn't have done it without all of you. Many, many times I was "this close" to the edge and someone here talked me out of it (ahem...Byrdie, Lav, Lolab...etc). You guys really are amazing. I know I couldn't have done it without the support of MWO. I am not a huge AA fan and my family didn't know the extent of my hell....so thanks to you I've had a place to just lay it all out there...and still be loved. I cannot thank you all enough for that!! :l:h

Dottie - 40 degrees is not frigid??!!? Dang woman, I would be miserable! LOL I hope you have fun tonight. The only thing better than a sober Friday night is a hangover free Saturday morning!!

Thanks for the compliments on my hair, but now I'm wishing it would grow. LOL It's a little too sticky-uppy for me at the moment. I know Halle Berry pulls it off, but for some reason it's not working as well for me. Ah well, had to give it a try. Next I may go for the Crazy Britney Spears look (shaved)....

Hang in there everyone! All any of us can do is keep trying so do NOT give up or let discouragement get you down. It ain't easy but it's so worth it.

A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
                    Feeling a little stressed at the moment. I have my sister's little one 4 and 9 months for the week. My own children, 21,19 and 14, and my parents also here, and husband out of town. I was up with the baby every 3 hr or so, I think she is just out of sorts without her parents. My house is a disaster!

It is usually just my husband, myself and the 14 yr old at this point. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment.

If I get through this week without alcohol, I will be very encouraged about my chances.

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Thanks for letting me vent all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iclem-that's a lot to take on. Just hang on.
                      K9-you're right about Saturday morning!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

IClem, delegate!! With a crowd that size you gotta get some help! Don't be afraid to ask for it, most folks are happy to pitch in and do what they can. We aren't superheroes!! I feel for you, that's a house full of people!! Hugs dear lady!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 40F is great...it was single digits last week....so this is a heat wave....LOL
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone. Just checking in to say hi. Celebrated my wedding anniversary last night SOBER!!! Its a first for me.........after many years of heavy drinking.It was a bit odd not drinking but I am soooo glad I don't have a hangover this Sat morning. I also cleaned out the house of all the booze yesterday. Just don't want it near me. The AB is such a huge crutch and works for me. I just have to make sure now I don't get some crazy idea that I can do this without AB and stop taking it. Last year I stopped and was back drinking heavier in a matter of days. Hope everyone is doing well. Until recently I to don't think my family understoodthe horrible struggle I have had with al. I have pretty much kept it to my self. MWO is such an amazing place where like people do understand the problem. Catch up later everyone:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1603700 wrote: The AB is such a huge crutch and works for me. I just have to make sure now I don't get some crazy idea that I can do this without AB and stop taking it.

I just have to jump in here and slightly amend this sentence. AB is not a crutch, it's a TOOL
                              , just like any other that we have available to help us get sober. Some people use AA, some use Antabuse. Also, don't worry too much about the future....just keep taking your AB daily...that's all you gotta do for now! The rest you can figure out later! :l
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have fun at the zoo Dottie

Good for you hadit!
                                You have a good plan that's working for you, just stick with it & stick around with us. Happy anniversary

Hi there Ms two years AF K9!!!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X