Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dottie, when you go to the zoo, please tell my sister in law I said hello! (my family is NUTS!) Hope you have a great time, that sounds like fun!!
    Hadit, well done on your sober anniversary. Normal people have NO idea what AL addiction is like....a living hell! I am so thankful for MWO!!

Hope everyone has an easy af evening!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, It is a real prolem though that normal people just don't understand the nightmare we live. My wife is very supportive and is helping but I know she just doesn't understand, and that's Ok this is why MWO is a life line...... thanks. Lovely summers day here just been for a walk along the lakes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie

That is why the holidays are so tough! Family is overrated! You are so thoughtful and encouraging to everyone. I have only been here a few days but I appreciate it so much. It is so inspiring how you can deal with your stresses and stay on your path for so long.

L Clem

Comment

Newbies Nest

DITTO

hadit;1603700 wrote: The AB is such a huge crutch and works for me. I just have to make sure now I don't get some crazy idea that I can do this without AB and stop taking it. Last year I stopped and was back drinking heavier in a matter of days.
          Where's the ditto button? My story exactly, that's why I'm back......again. Good luck to you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit. Did I read somewhere you take AB? I have never been able to stop drinking for any length of time without AB. My last quit was going well until I came down with a chest infection that I could not shake off. I assumed it was the AB side effects, still not sure. So I cut back to 1/2 a tab a day and of course drank with it then gave up completely. So this time around I won't be cutting back and will take the drug for as long as it takes!! The alternative of drinking is a very sick person indeed. Good LUCK and keep in touch. You can PM me if you want.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Folks, just wanted to jump in and say hello. I agree that this is the fight of our lives and we use ALL tools available which are different for each of us. AB, AA, meditation, faith - it doesn't matter if it WORKS. The key is using what works for each of us to get alcohol out and REAL living in. Have a world of respect for you Byrdlady!
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hadit, Steady - I'm near Melbourne too, so I've got the same bit of today's heatwave. I'm hoping I'm not attributing the wrong comment to the wrong person (sorry if I am) but - Available - I think it's you that just said you so nearly bought a bottle yesterday. So glad you didn't, good on you. My particular 'tool' is going to bed early. Around 10pm seems to be the dangerous time of day for me, so I've been heading off to bed by around 9. I have finally told one of my children that I have given up alcohol though I didn't come clean and said I have a problem - I just said I'd gone off it (actually not too far from the truth but as we all know, we alkies don't really care whether we enjoy it, we'll force it down the hatch however awful it is). She totally accepted that, and I said I felt better without it but that if I wanted a drink I would have one. Yes, as you can see, that nasty, sneaky devious side of me is still there... not telling the whole truth, just picking the easy bits. But that, I can honestly say, was just a 'front' so I could keep my dignity. I will NOT be drinking again, whether I feel like it or not. But if I'd admitted the problem, it would have been round the family in no time and I just want to keep myself to myself. I'm better that way. Well done on everyone who didn't drink last night! Good luck for everyone today, and thank you as always for those stalwarts who've managed to get so many days AF.

AF since 22/11/2013
                ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does anyone know of any good memoirs or biographies that discuss AL addiction, am looking for some good reading material. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF holiday. Thanks :l
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all.

Dot we are nearly hitting 40 today also but celcius, blah, i am not a fan when it gets this hot. How was the zoo? My daughter just bought a new dog, the one that i had the altercation with and she sent me a pic. Her way off opening the communication barriers which is nice as normally it is me that does it all. I think i need to have a sit down and just tell her that i am fragile atm and moody and i am not a normal drinker like her. She is going to come and visit so that makes me happy today.

K9 i always spike my hair and my girls so it is so outdated so now i try and flatten it. Sometimes i wish i did not have a hairdresser in the family. I like it on you but get some good gel if you want ha ha.

Hadit congrats on your wedding anniversary and sober too. How many years? I will be celebrating 23 years in May. He lives in a different State and is engaged. We have such a good marriage! I must get divorced one day.

Iclem, hang in there. This is why i dont want grandchildren yet, i need more me time before i cope with it all again. I know when the time comes i will be besotted but i can wait.

I hope BH is doing well, hugs to you and i hope you come back soon. LC is it five weeks yet, no i know its not but i miss your happy posts.

Well i am going to go and finish spring cleaning, my problem is i start and then find something else and something else. The reason for that is i was so involved with al that i never really did get around to having a really good clean. God it feels good to be af.

My SIL is coming down in a week and we are big drinkers together. She emailed me and said she had a great xmas too much food and al. I emailed her yet again and told her i had a sober xmas and felt great. I am a bit worried about seeing her and how to deal with it. She was married to my brother who was an alkie and died from it so any advice would be appreciated. I feel strong but..........

Keep well everyone, will check in later. xx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a great time at the zoo...got some great pictures of the decorations...the animals were in hiding I guess. Even the polar bears weren't out but had a great time anyway...took 3 videos of the lights that were synchronized to the music but cant figure out how to play it on my laptop..will work on that tomorrow..
                      Good time was had by all!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

That sounds nice Dottie
                        I really should get myself to Longwood Gardens to see the Christmas lights - they are usually spectacular.

available, I wouldn't let your SIL derail you - it's your decision not to drink, no matter what! Make that clear before her arrival & if you think she's going to be a problem then just cancel the damn visit - I would :H
                        Putting ourselves first is a must if we truly want to succeed!

halo, good to see you! Have you checked in the 'What we're reading' thread?

Hi sixtyfour, allswell & everyone!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for one & all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, tough night here - dealing with some stress - drinking is not an option.
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo,

Two books I recommend are Drinking, A Love Story and Unwasted.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job steady and hadit .... Going to sleep on day 13 here

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1603786 wrote: MAE all.

Dot we are nearly hitting 40 today also but celcius, blah, i am not a fan when it gets this hot. How was the zoo? My daughter just bought a new dog, the one that i had the altercation with and she sent me a pic. Her way off opening the communication barriers which is nice as normally it is me that does it all. I think i need to have a sit down and just tell her that i am fragile atm and moody and i am not a normal drinker like her. She is going to come and visit so that makes me happy today.

K9 i always spike my hair and my girls so it is so outdated so now i try and flatten it. Sometimes i wish i did not have a hairdresser in the family. I like it on you but get some good gel if you want ha ha.

Hadit congrats on your wedding anniversary and sober too. How many years? I will be celebrating 23 years in May. He lives in a different State and is engaged. We have such a good marriage! I must get divorced one day.

Iclem, hang in there. This is why i dont want grandchildren yet, i need more me time before i cope with it all again. I know when the time comes i will be besotted but i can wait.

I hope BH is doing well, hugs to you and i hope you come back soon. LC is it five weeks yet, no i know its not but i miss your happy posts.

Well i am going to go and finish spring cleaning, my problem is i start and then find something else and something else. The reason for that is i was so involved with al that i never really did get around to having a really good clean. God it feels good to be af.

My SIL is coming down in a week and we are big drinkers together. She emailed me and said she had a great xmas too much food and al. I emailed her yet again and told her i had a sober xmas and felt great. I am a bit worried about seeing her and how to deal with it. She was married to my brother who was an alkie and died from it so any advice would be appreciated. I feel strong but..........

Keep well everyone, will check in later. xx
                                available, Hang onto that sobriety no matter what. If your SIL wants to drink, let her. I have finally reached that position with my quit to not worry about what anyone thinks about me giving up the booze. Selfish as it may seem its about US kicking al out of our lives once and for all! Good Luck and stay strong.:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X