Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Check in time for me also. Day 29 and feeling good, i cant wait till tomorrow.

Mr G my week last week was wobbly also but we made it and thats something to be proud of. That ONE drink passed my mind many times but ONE is never enough for us alcoholics. NYE i am not worried about as i am hiding at home with my son and probably the bloody microphone next door! Gees that enough to drive anyone to drink, maybe i should pay for singing lessons.

The great, good, fantastic news is my daughter and i are talking. It lasted one day and they bought a new dog and she sent me a pic and i have rang her and chatted and she is coming over. I am going to sit down with her and talk about my drinking and depression. She really does not understand either one and I feel in myself it is time to tell her my true feelings with my struggling and addiction. I think being normal drinkers she does not get how al gets a grip and hold on you and the daily battle from within to not succumb to al. Dont get me wrong, it is getting easier but as we know it can take only one drink to be back to where we were, back to another day 1.

I am quite enjoying this freedom of thinking clearly and making sober decisions about my life, for way too long al had his grip on my everything, my being and for today he does not.

Today I do not drink.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE-just checking in. I don't usually stop in on the weekends but I just wanted everyone who's rooting for me that I'm doing fine and thank you.

Welcome to Winter and Fat Fella (?) Join in, this is a VERY safe place.

Have a great weekend everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great stuff Av. I suspect your daughter will appreciate that convo.

Hiya Over it!

Here's something from the toolbox our No sugar posted a while back about understanding al addiction.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ml#post1554027

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all,

Limited internet access over the past couple of days. 3 days AF for the first time in a really long time. Difficult on vacation. I appreciate the suggestions. I do believe I will take the time to write great detail about how I felt the morning after. And how I believe this has impacted my kids.

Tried snow skiing today for the first time in 15 years (and only one time then). Not likely to become a habit especially at this age. We just don't have too much of that in SC. Anyway, no way I could have tried that with a hangover so I feel pretty good about that.

Thanks y'all. Will check in again soon. Glad you are all doing so well.

Myra

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Myra! Well done on 3 days AF. Keep it going.

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NHHPNMIK-fY[/video]]Lessons from the Mental Hospital: Glennon Doyle Melton at TEDxTraverseCity - YouTube

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job on 3 AF days Myra!
              I can't ski either

Hi there G

Nothing going on here, just relaxing & listening to my bog dog snore - life is good!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

I am tired of drinking. I feel fat,unhealthy...and list goes on.

Today I will not drink.
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, good for you. Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself!
                  Y'all, today I was talking with a close friend and she reminded me that I HAVE been sober longer than 14 days because I've been pregnant 3 times! That made me feel better. But then she wanted me to drink to that! I laughed and DECLINED! It wasn't easy today hanging with my life long friends. But everyone is supportive. Of course, not to the point of not drinking in front of me. I think they're waiting for my latest and greatest idea to get out of my system. Like.... Oh she's on THIS kick this New Year. I PRAY/HOPE that's not the case!!
                  I feel good and the mornings have been beautiful!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Good job surviving that temptation, AClass. My friends and family are still in the "really?" "for HOW long?" phase. No one has really heard me say forever yet. I just keep saying the (partial) truth. I feel great and I don't see any reason to change that by drinking alcohol.

Rahul, Myra, Winter and Fat Fella - grab some of that butt velcro G is handing out, apply firmly, and plant yourselves here for the duration. There is so much wisdom and support here you won't believe it.

Ava - tomorrow (for you) is a BIG day. Hope you're ready to celebrate.

Overit - glad to see you. Hope you have a great weekend, too.

Glad you're back, Londoner. Settle in! You sound ready to go.

Dottie - you sound fabulous. So glad you're having some fun.

Everyone else, hang tough. Have a great time waking up without a hangover on a Sunday morning - an amazing way to wake up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

I haven't posted here in a while, and feel guilty about it. I was not my happy self before Xmas, and then couldn't post when I was at my parents' - but I'm back!!

Winter, Fella, Myra - welcome to the safest and nicest Nest in the world!

So, here's some :cupajoe: - help yourself when you feel like a strong, hot brew.

I was really worried about (not) drinking over Christmas and what to say to people when asked about it, and perhaps it's late posting about it now, but I'd like to share how I handled things.

I'm the family party planner - like so many of us here, I like to be in control (except when it came to how much of a vat of wine I poured down my throat :blush. I wanted to write the Christmas opera libretto, compose the music, conduct the orchestra, design and paint the set and be the diva on stage. Problem is, except for one brother, the whole family have some really strong views on how things should be done; add my SiLs to this mix and things get very interesting very quickly. This year, I decided to take a back seat, and what a change that made! When things needed doing, I pitched in, but I fell in with what the others wanted to do. I gave my opinion when asked for it, but didn't insist that my suggestions and my ways of doing tings were the best and only way to go. And you know what - Xmas was lovely! None of that prima donna-ish behaviour also meant no tension, no anxiety - just fun! And because I was relaxed, I didn't feel like drinking!

And the whole production that Xmas always is, was a success. My family didn't need my advice (because I had trained them so well in the past, is my story that I'll stick to, thank you very much:H:H:H). I really and truly enjoyed this Xmas - it was one of the best ever!

So, my New Year's resolution is to take a back seat much more - the world does not need my help: it'll keep spinning on its own.

Sorry, this post really was all about me, but I do hope it will help somebody in future.
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, Nesters!

If you're new here, know you've found a great place to start your new life! :welcome:

Hadit, you sound great, keep it up!

Little Beagle, have a great time in New Orleans!

DreamThinkDo, welcome back, i missed the coffee!

Everyone, wherever you are, whatever situation you're in, STAY STRONG. :h

love Steady
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Steady, I have been to the beach and had a great day with my family. Was invited for drinks afterwards with an old drinking buddy but declined and had coffee instead. My wife had a wine. I am pretty pleased as normally I would have drank and drank!!! The AB is helping enormously.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

just saw a preview of a new movie with a solo performance by Robert Redford and thought of you.

Was hoping you have already seen this so you can advise whether this would make a good watch or not.

Allan
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,
                              Evening time and stuff myself with food and now going for movies with my family. No AL today.
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Dark, gloomy & raining in my portion of the nest - oh well.
                                Think I'll just law low for a while, maybe the afternoon will bring some clearing.

DTD, great to see you & glad to hear you let go of the control switch. That action helped me enormously too I'm all for letting others figure it out these days :H

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X