Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for the support and congrats. I miss LC too.she did the counting so I didn't have to...hope she is celebrating this achievement too.
    Church, then lunch now football..such a full AF life for sure!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Rathulthesweet! it was my second day today and I woke up feeling much better and went for a long walk
      I've given up before and for some reason its usually the 3rd or 4th day I start to feel worse, I get headaches and feel jittery and start sweating a lot, so I'm prepared for that, must be my brain trying to get me to have more of the poison its used to?
      I'm also off to the sales tomorrow allankay, well done for going towards your goal!
      AF since 8.8.14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am starting to see how full blown alcoholism starts.

I am on my 7th day of consecutive drinking, and that is something I have never done before.

Without work and what not, I just wanna get up and have a beer.

Not so good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, you got that right! And down the rabbit hole we go. It is progressive as you know and it doesn't get better on its own. I hope you will pour whatever is left down the drain and save your liver the trouble. Try to get some rest and we will get you sorted out in the morning. We can beat this! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's hard. AL and drug use brings a false illusion to life that real life cannot answer to, unless you give your body and mind enough time to.

That is, I believe, where most recovery fails.

AL and drugs are my social blankets.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner

You can do this without alcohol, and you know you have to.

1. Count the hours since you last drank. 2? 3? 6? They are probably racking up already.

2. Get up, put the kettle on, go and have a shower and clean your teeth. Get the smell of alcohol off your body and out of your mouth. Your breath will take longer. Have a large glass of water before you start the coffee. You will be dehydrated.

3. Now do what others have said on here - get every last drop of alcohol OUT of the house. Not in the bin - too easy to find later. Tip it away. Down the sink, and rinse the bottles. Grit your teeth then do it. Seven must not turn into eight. Then have another glass of water and congratulate yourself for what you just achieved.

Please. Trust me. I know what you are going through.
              ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I used to think that, too! But believe me, the person you think AL brings out is actually still there! You just have to learn how to do it. It is a skill, like getting good at sports. Learning to socialize takes practice, but you will get it. A skill, that's all it is, and you can learn how! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner
                  I know there is an age difference between you and I. I've been amazed at your age that you are looking at this situation you find yourself in. If you manage to pull yourself out now, you won't have the time to dwell on the regrets of the past. You'll be too busy living the good life. Once you let go of the idea that you regret not being able to drink and accept the fact that what you are doing is so poisonous to you, why should I drink, things will start falling into place. From your past posts, you have accomplished some days together. NOW is the time to begin. Wipe the slate clean, the hell with the past, make it happen! You can do it.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all. Yes day 30 today and "oh what a feeling", thanks all for the congrats it means so much to me and without the Nest and LOAM I would not be as determined as what i am feeling. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

One thing that sticks with me is my thoughts that I could attempt to moderate and it ended in complete failure. Today could have been my 120 days with Dot and LC but alas no. I am not dwelling on this as I am on my way again and so proud of Dot and what she has achieved and LC (cannot wait for my friend to come home). My advice for anyone that has those thoughts of MODERATING, take it off the table, it is not possible for us alcoholics as Byrd and Lav state. Shame I did not listen to their words of wisdom at the time.

Aww Pav you are a treasure to me and a rock. Its funny how for me, i post and think i have talked complete nonense/crap but maybe my posts do hit a cord with someone, i know yours do for me.

ML so true about our choices, I have made mine and i plan on sticking to it this time around, the choice is mine whether to put that poison down my throat and for today I do not drink.

Allan, my plan is to stay at home and just chill with my son the other son will go out and wake up NYD feeling how i felt so many times in my life. It is not how i will feel for the first day of 2014.

London remember how positive you were when you first started on here. I loved looking at your signature and seeing your % rate go up. You can do this, as we all say, if I can anyone can! Hugs.

Winter good on you for Day 2. The headaches were the worst for me too but i figure it was the poison getting out of my body, i had been feeding it long enough.

Well I am popping over to the roll call to collect my hat. Thank you all again for you kindness and support especially the tough love of Lav and Byrd. About time I got it into my thick skull that it is only my choice in this journey to rid myself of al. My boys gave me hugs and kisses today on my achievement of 30 days. For that i am proud and for myself and them I will continue to be sober.

Today I will not drink
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner,

you have experience of 5 weeks AF. Plenty of knowledge gained here and New Year in less than 48 hours.

This is the right time to plan your quit and make a strong push for the life that you want to lead.

You have all the knowledge my friend, now comes the hard part. But it is so rewarding!

AK
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

tomorrow I am having a RR day. First I am getting his haircut (from when he was younger ) and then I am booked to see that movie.

Will report back tomorrow but I am sure it will be a good one.

Allan
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Enjoying a nice warm fire & actually watching some football (never do that)!

available, CONGRATS to you on your 30 AF days
                          Keep going, you will never be sorry.

Londoner, if you are truly dealing with a dual addiction situation I wish you would go get some professional help. There's not much we can really do here for you except tell you to keep trying. You're a young guy & have a lot of life ahead of you yet ~ make it a good life.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1604801 wrote: My boys gave me hugs and kisses today on my achievement of 30 days. For that i am proud and for myself and them I will continue to be sober.
                            Awesome job Ava! It only get better
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! As we enter 2014 I have this goal of finally making it one year sober. Seems simple. But very tough. I am setting up many new changes in life and goals for 2014. It feels daunting at times, but I have never given up. Let's see wow I am past 90 days in already and it flew by. I am looking to bigger things now. One year is my goal now. Nothing else means anything until I hit one year. Wow it's tough at times and living on the edge of your seat the first few months. But I can see the my life changing and I can see were I want to go now. My year one sober will be for everyone on MWO and not just for me. Thank you and I will keep posting it helps when life feels out of place.
                              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone, just popping to say Hi! Its a busy place with lots doing really well. I went to the beach yesterday and was invited back for some drinks with an old drinking mate. I Stuck to coffee. It was that hard, but I KNOW there are more tough mountains ahead to climb this week with parties everywhere!!! Our pubs and restaurants are full of people gearing up for NYE. I remember one NYE party; we were all in a tub, drunk as 6 monkeys when someone pulled out a "live" electric cable!! Could have killed us all. Geez I have done some really dumb things when drunk! Whats the silliest thing you guys have done? So pleased to be sober today. Sorry for the rant, just need to be accountable.:thanks::thanks: for listening

Comment

Working...
                                X