Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's near and not so far,

Congratulations Av on 30 days AF. Huge achievement friend. I know you are very proud of yourself. Bravo, and keep it going!

Have a good one out there y'all. Strap in here to the nest with some butt velcro and relax. Think positive.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1604816 wrote: Byrdie,

tomorrow I am having a RR day. First I am getting his haircut (from when he was younger ) and then I am booked to see that movie.

Will report back tomorrow but I am sure it will be a good one.

Allan
      Sounds great Allan.

Many folks say i look very much like a young Antonio Banderas. Can't see it myself, but anyway, i'm spending NYE playing flamenco guitar! Rrrrrrribaaaaah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1604965 wrote: Yes Dream it is a wonderful feeling, now just between you and me my next achievement is to accomplish 100 days. Dont tell anyone though!
        Not a word to not a soul! Seventy sleeps and you're there!

Our very own Antonio Banderas, approaching the big 70, aren't you? What a way to end 2013!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've had a great day, thanks, Hadit! Woke up with no hangover, got grocery shopping done, bought some new shoes for work, cleared out clothes i no longer wear to take to a second-hand store.

I think Available is another Melbournite, and also Mr G Man (aka Guitarista). So some solidarity in the city of four seasons in one day!

Hang on tight for New Year's Eve....

Steady
          :h
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mr G and yep proud as non alcoholic punch i am. I remember your struggles to give up al when i joined in 2011. Do you think that brick finally hit us in the head and we thought "derr i know what to do now".

Flamenco guitar, sounds good. Do you play a lot around melbourne? I do like a good guitarist. My brother used to play "stairway to heaven" so beautifully until al took away his ability to remember the cords or find them.

Thanks Dream for not spreading the word and whats 70 sleeps between friends.

Yes Stead i am a melbournite, I live in the western burbs. Savers at Brunswick is my so fav op shop, mind you i think i give half back after i have bought it as i dont try anything on. My clothes are on my "to do" list which is getting bigger every day.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters,

Not a drop of sun here after tons of rain yesterday
              Doesn't really matter anyway, I have lots to keep me busy & out of trouble all day

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1604971 wrote: Sounds great Allan.

Many folks say i look very much like a young Antonio Banderas. Can't see it myself, but anyway, i'm spending NYE playing flamenco guitar! Rrrrrrribaaaaah!
                Nice one
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                  Allan, you know my fondness for the man we know as Redford. ROBERT. REDFORD.
                  You must post a picture after this haircut you are getting! BTW, are you rich, too? eheheheh.

Everything I was going to say has already been said by the other nest moms/dads!! Gosh, that is so rewarding to see.

Nattie, I WAS you! I made so many promises to my hubs and since we'd been married for 24 years, I sure thought we could withstand anything. But the night of Jan 19th, 2011, he showed me that enough of the empty promises was enough. He packed his bag and I had no idea where he went. I was left with 2 choices, really. Give in to AL and drink myself to death or get sober and fight for my life back. It is REALLY SAD that at the time, this was a HARD choice!! The power of addiction is INCREDIBLE. But we are stronger than addiction! Our minds are capable of incredible things! You CAN overcome this! One minute at a time, one hour at a time....one day at a time. Make a vow to yourself...NOT ONE DROP... NOT EVER! When you get a thought, PUSH it out! You will EARN his trust back! Being sober is the best reward, it just takes some time and effort to get it. Just look at Available who is now sporting a new HAT!! It's worth it, and not just for the prizes we give here! You can't put a price on self esteem...pride in oneself or the feeling of being worthy! They are immeasurable! You can do it and you ARE doing it! We are so glad you're here! Read, read, read....post, post, post!

I have it on pretty good authority that J-vo is celebrating her 30 days today, too! Hats off to her today!!!
                  :goodtime:

Great job!!!

Off to do some online training modules for work....jealous? Hugs to all! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Steady. I needed a break.
                    Congratulations on the 30 days available. That was the hardest part for me. :wave: And J-vo too.
                    Welcome Nattie. This place has really changed my life and I hope you let it do the same for you.
                    Londoner I hope you can save yourself years of regrets and pain. I agree, maybe something more intensive is needed. Counseling, anything. You are in pain. I hate to see that happen.
                    Rahul only you can make this happen. Hard, yes, but very worth it.
                    I went to a bar for the first time yesterday and ordered my lemom-lime drink with pride. It did help we were starving and the burgers were wonderful, but another first out of the way. I am determined to enjoy my af life and not pine after things I cannot have. And really, what is all the fuss over a poisonous substance in my glass? I would rather have the fun, self - esteem building bubbly soda anyway.
                    And the best part is I have kept my new years resolution this year and it was HUGE! Next year I am having more serenity in my life. I mean it. Just letting everyone know ahead of time that I may need support, but I am not letting these people USE me any longer. As long as they are willing to help themselves its fine. As I see it is not the case, I am doing whatever it takes to get that monster off of my back. I am determined. I will propect my quit and keep this wonderful feeling all next year.
                    Hey Byrdie, I found a fridge magnet with your avatar in a trippy shop in NO. I now have a visible reminder of your wisdom and strength.
                    MAE ALL.:l
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LB - always good to hear from you! Your new year resolution sounds great! I think I might steal it as I have similar goals next year. I always think what you told me : You have to protect your quit! Great wisdom here.
                      AF since 10/20/2013
                      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                      Meat free since 09/20/2008
                      ---------------------------------------
                      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. Safe here and TTDP!

I love waking up sober, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Get in an awesome workout, eat a great healthy breakfast. Then, sadly, head to work instead of crawling back under the warm covers, but that is life and I'm sober!

Saturday I had to go shopping and I was thumbing my nose at all those stores that I drove to drunk on Xmas Eve. This day I was sober and not afraid of cops and knew I was functioning. I love this feeling and no, I'm not just in the pink cloud. I've been here before and I know that I much prefer this to waking up this AM with a headache, sick stomach, barely functioning, slow, agitated, GSR, and knowing I have the whole day to feel this way. YUCK!

Everyone is doing so well! I'm so impressed with everyone and your numbers. Keep up the good work.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats J-Vo and Steady!!!!

J-VO I really enjoy reading your thread

I am really busy w my niece and nephew, so much so that I posted on the wrong thread yesterday.

I am trying to read a few threads when I have a moment. I think it really helps me stay the course.
                          Have a great day all

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                            Cold here and sun peeks out once in a while...I just hate this weather but we are stuck with it for a while..
                            I am thankful that dh never walked out..I gave him plenty of reasons to do that but here we are.
                            Getting oil changed in my car and running a few errands..what an exciting day. But is beats the alternatives...glad to be here with all my friends.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

The pace of technology has been impressive this year. The tablet I got last year seems ancient now. By the way we should have a tech thread, dedicated to apps and technology that helps in the recovery process.

Does anyone use anything high tech to help you stay sober or get sober in the first place
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

I'm with you, Overit - I LOVE waking up sober and without a hangover. I really love it. I have had a nasty cold/cough all vacation and I still feel better than I would if I had been drinking instead.

Off for more vacation adventures today with my kids - will check in later. It is impressive to see all of the days adding up for everyone.

Allan - I use a lot of technology for work but not for sobriety (other than my laptop and this site). Do you use anything? Sounds like an interesting thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X