Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

allankay;1605078 wrote: Does anyone use anything high tech to help you stay sober or get sober in the first place
    Does your question sort of imply that posting here isn't hi-tech, Allan?:H:H:H
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alan all I use is the web page that helps me count days....simpler some days but I do like that I can check in from my table...phone is not as easy...itsy bitsy keys....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Day 3 AF going to plan. Feel a bit weird but I'm sure that is normal.
        Nattie, you sound just like me, other than it's my wife who bears the brunt of my problem. I hate doing it to her and so want to make things better. We can both do this!

Tomorrow evening is going to be hard, but I am determined not to give in.

Happy new year to anyone out there who gets to it before we do.
        I can beat this.
        Today is the day I start.
        1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE one and all.

Check in time again and wishing all an AL free 2014 and we all stay safe and sober.

Feeling great after another hungover free wake up. I just so want my sleeping pattern to be normal, i mean i have not been a great sleeper but i'm over 5-6 hours sleep starting at 1am. I do have a hypnosis CD that i was given from my old psychologist but i think in a pissed moment i put it in a safe place and well we all know about those safe places. Another cleaning job so i can find it.

FF good on you for 3 days, keep going. Tonight is only hard if you want it to be, remember why you have not been drinking, i remember, i will never forget. I posted this on LOAM before but will give you my last not so proud moment. My niece had her 21st party, only niece, aunty got blind, hassled the DJ no end to play the "avicci" song "wake me up when its all over". Aunty sits on lounge (me), blacks out/passes out", did not really want to accomplish what the song was about. A not so proud moment which now sits nicely in the back of mind to be thought of when i think i want a drink or 100 drinks.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Glad to see folks checking in & making progress too

I strongly urge everyone to make solid plans for getting through the next few days unscathed!
            If you can stay home, do so & stay safe. You have the rest of your lives to go out on NYE & watch the drunks make idiots of themselves

available, it's precisely memories like that that help keep me far away from AL :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Safe travels Nester's.

Hi Lav!

A tech thread is a good idea Allan. No such apps used or known of here though.

Here's some more butt velcro to go around......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey G order more Velcro for tomorrow night....a few of us might need it!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Are you guys kidding me? There are hundreds of apps out there now to help with staying AF... I started a thread about this maybe a month or so ago and got only one response... That being said, all you have to do is Google is alcohol free apps...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper;1605315 wrote: Are you guys kidding me? There are hundreds of apps out there now to help with staying AF... I started a thread about this maybe a month or so ago and got only one response... That being said, all you have to do is Google is alcohol free apps...
                    You should include a link to that thread
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank You

MAE Nesters,

Hi everyone. Hadn?t posted for a while. No worries though. I had been here all the time. Same routine for me, first checking in the morning, then after work. Every day.

My AF days keep piling up. Today is day 75. Hmmm I love sobriety. It?s amazing and I feel like a winner every day of my non goal plan just ODAT. Works for me.

I am taking a 2 weeks? vacation and I plan not to plan just keep my sobriety one day at a time. It becomes so easy as the days go by. I always wanted to get to the feeling of not missing or craving AL and I now I do know how it feels and it?s the best feeling in the world. I do not miss it for a second and do not feel deprived, if anything I feel lucky and alive not to have it in my life. Just thinking about my AL life makes me sick and disgusted.

I wanted to thank you all for being here. MWO apparently is the only support system that is working for me. Couldn?t do it any other way (I know, I tried, it never stuck). You guys are amazing, especially you, Byrdie. I cannot thank you enough for being here all this time and helping out who ever cross this site. You are an amazing lady and your husband is very lucky to have a partner like you.

So, I would like to wish everyone here a sober, happy new year. I pray and hope that those here who struggle will win. My life with alcohol was A BIG FAT LIE. There is nothing cool about drinking al. I used to think that I drink cause it helped me deal with the stress, what a joke, drinking only increased it and created additional stresses.

Happy New Year. I love you all.:h:thanks::h:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower I agree with you. Drinking is nothing but stress.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Last day of the year -

Look what I found for the Nest:

Should have kept them for tomorrow, so we could start 2014 in brand-new mugs, but just couldn't wait.

Mr G, thanks for the extra supply of butt velcro - as Dottie said, we may need it.

LF, thanks for dropping in; enjoy your holiday.

I know the champagne will be singing its siren song long before midnight, but before you buy that bottle, or accept that glass, please think of your reasons for being here, and the long and often difficult road you had to travel to get here. It is possible to celebrate and be happy without AL - ask any of the long-timers. And post here first, before you do something silly - after all, who wants to start a new year with huge regrets and a horrible hangover?

Have a happy and AF last day of 2013, Nesters!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

Love the mugs, DTD - thanks for finding them. I do not want to start the year with regrets and a bad hangover - I'd just as soon have a lovely cup of DTD coffee, thanks.

I like Ava's advice - let's all remember our darkest hours with alcohol. The things we said or did (or didn't say or do), the taste in our mouths, the spinning head, the worry, anxiety, guilt. Is ANY drink worth returning there? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I actually KNOW so.

And then to bring Lav and Byrdie's advice into it - let's be GRATEFUL that we do not have to feel that way again. We can be clear headed and feel wonderful on New Year's Day. We don't have to give in to the sham belief that we need alcohol for fun or for anything. We really don't.

Just in case, pass the two-ply butt velcro around this way - I am planting myself here for the duration.

Happy sober Monday, all. Good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone and thank you for all who replied with encouragement, it really helps.
                              Things are still very stilted in my house understandably. Hubbie has pointed out that each episode hit him harder & takes longer for him to mend. Me too....but I feel for him more than me. In our first year of marriage I must have painted a picture to him that was completely the opposite of what I did feel.....I felt happy to have met such a lovely lovely person yet all he must have seen was someone so unhappy they drank most nights & some till they passed out. I'm now feeling impatient .... I want time under my belt (and quick ) to show him what he means to me. I said to him yesterday that I just felt stuck ....put on a happy face & act like normal & I feel I'm being complacent , yet my apologies are also pretty worthless these days. I just don't know where to go with this. Previous episodes have taken a few days for us both to get over , this will now be a week tomorrow that I made a dick of myself & pushed him that bit too far. I've always pinched myself I met someone so kind & loving , now dreading I might lose him & my insecurities are at full throttle.
                              X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nat, it will take time for you to forgive yourself and for him to forgive you. You know what you have to do, stop drinking. No ifs, buts or whatevers. Byrd is the expert on this one, she nearly lost everything to al so she made the decision that hubs was worth more than a bottle. Look at her now, sober as a judge, a wealth of support and as happy as a pig in poo! I am yet to find a lovely man, god when i was drunk i met a lot of not lovely men who used me but i thought that was all i was worth. I now know i am worth more.

when i gave up i wanted the days to just be there also and i was frustrated and annoyed but now the days are rolling by. It gets easier Nat but you just need to trudge through it as the benefits are so worth it.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X