Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters,

It's almost 6.00pm NYE in Australia! I sincerely hope all Nesters have NYE plans in place.

Just think about how you'd like to feel when you wake up tomorrow, on the first morning of the New Year.

Look after yourself, everyone; will probably check in again later on.......

love, Steady
    :h
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nattie, I understand the impatience about getting lots of AF days under your belt :H:H, but remember, you want to have a strong foundation to build the rest of your life on - so take things step by step.

Show Mr N how serious you are about this, don't tell him - that old saying that actions speak louder than words is trite but true.

Just stay strong, get lots of support here and things will work out - good luck!

(Actually, the under the belt joke is Ladybyrd creation - thought I'd credit her with that!)
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Its 6.40 pm where I am in Australia. Just wanted to say thanks for all your support in 2014 and hope you have a really good af 2015. I am about to head out for a BBQ meal (no al for me) and then the movies Good luck everyone !!!.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had please dont skip a year already, i know we are in front in Aus but not by a year lol. Happy new year to you also and have a great night.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

What is it with this site and wrong dates? TT and NoS yesterday, Had today? I feel like Alice in Wonderland!:H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone is excited for something Dream, maybe for the years to fly by so it is longer we are sober. I'll be the mad hatter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Woke up today even more determined than ever.
                Available - thanks for that.
                Happy new year all.
                I can beat this.
                Today is the day I start.
                1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like the sound of determination; lots of people here sounding good and resolute!

Hadit: 2015?! LOL!

Just after 10.00pm here in Australia now. Husband and i went over to the local pub to say hello to people. I'm used to hanging out with drinkers now, but NYE does amp up the challenge a bit. We're back home now. Phew! Am enjoying some blood orange agrum flavoured mineral water over ice.

Sending positive vibes out to all Nesters, keep tomorrow morning in mind!

love Steady
                  :h
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still early AM here in the US
                    Wishing a very happy & safe New Year to everyone!
                    I am heading out shortly to spend a few hours with my daughter & granddaughter. Life is good & I intend to keep things that way

Have a wonderful 7 safe AF day everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Lav Happy New Year here, damn fireworks woke me up from my slumber and the dogs are freaking out.

I am glad to say i made it through a sober New Years at 12.06am and wish everyone a Happy New year from Aus.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                        DTD, thanks for laughing at my 'under your belt' joke.. I was beginning to think nobody 'got it'!! :H
                        Thank you all for the kind words....Lucky Flower, you don't say much, but like Dream said, your actions speak louder than words! 75 days is EPIC!

Hubs and I are going to a New Year's lunch tomorrow...the first sober year I went, I was VERY much caught off guard by the hostess's INSISTANCE that everyone take a glass a champagne. I protested with my diet coke, but her hubs came along and handed me the champagne thinking I had been overlooked. UGG. I took it and raised it then held it for a moment and sat it down. The next year, she provided non al champagne for the kids so I tried to get some of that...I still wasn't going to drink it, it might have .05% AL in it and as an alkie, I combust with just that small amount. This year, I'm going to just take the freaking glass, raise it up and hold it. Hubs has agreed to take it and retrieve my diet coke. The first time this happened I was really unprepared....but whatever you do...don't take a sip of it...go thru the motions of raising it and then start talking.... but no sips!! No slips...and you won't fall! I found that if I protested and made a big deal out of it, the more that hostess pushed. (pushy old broad!!) Now I just try to blend in and it works. I've gotten thru a dozen toasts now in my almost 3 years....

So that's my plan. We are staying in tonight, I'm sure we will hear the fireworks at midnight, the dog goes nuts with fear of them! I'm like that with AL! But in my case, it's a good thing! Happy New You, eva' body!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

I like how you said "you are going to raise a glass", that is a nifty trick. I will definitely use in the future. It should work in big social settings.

Happy New Year!

Allan
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE mates! Happy New Year to those that are already celebrating! Still NYE here in USA. No plans tonight except a good supper, warm house and a warm bed early. 1 week ago today I was Xmas shopping and driving still under the influence of the night before. UGH! What a waste! No more! Glad to be wide awake and sober today.

Have a GREAT AF day!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav and Wine - what wonderful milestones with which to see out 2013 ! Congratulations!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE--

Checking in at the beginning of DAY 30! Whoot. It feels great. I'll check in at the end and collect my hat so I can wear it soberly to my party tonight.

Today's alcohol free plans: hike or bike ride; friends over for ping pong, dinner and family games; maybe a movie with the kids; BED. That's it, and that's all I want.

I just read through the first several pages of "You know you're an alcoholic when..." thread - wow was that like a gut punch. "Hah hah hah, those people are truly alcoholics. Oh. I did do that once. Well maybe twice. Oh. And that one, too." Denial is a strong tool for AL to keep his grip. Thank goodness that is OVER.

Happy sober NYE, all. I'll certainly be checking in later.

Comment

Working...
                                X