Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey y'all and Happy New Year!

Things are wonderful in my part of paradise! Had an amazing AF Christmas, visited the in-laws, and despite their drinking, didn't have a thought of wanting any. I am a much happier person these days. Surpassed the 90 day mark this past weekend with plans to keep on trucking in the same direction. Things have NEVER been better between my husband and I, and I appreciate life in full color, not the foggy haze of the past. I hope to open an Etsy store soon, and will let you guys know so you can have a look-see...

For all of you beginning the journey to an AF life, it is so absolutely worth it! Please don't wait another moment to begin the discovery of life in technicolor!!!!!!!!!

I will be asleep well before midnight, so.....Welcome 2014!
    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1605834 wrote:

Byrdy, you've given me a business idea. Collapseable toasting glasses. I could engineer a fold up pocket glass for those pesky occassions for us non drinkers! It's got legs i reckon!
      G,

good idea but it has been done.....

Collapsible Pocket Pint Glass | IWOOT
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Pav on 30 AF day!!!!
        Cat, awesome on 90 days!!!!
        Life without a monkey on your back is much better, right? Keep up the great work everyone

Three & a half hours to go until 2014 is officially here. I think I'll probably just greet it in the morning.
        Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Double up on the safety belts if necessary

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Check in time for 2014. Glad all are enjoying a sober New Years and staying safe.

I am tired but its not from quaffing al all night thank god. Cat congrats on 90 days and tecnicolour is such an appropriate saying. I feel exactly the same and it makes life so much better.

Mr G hope your flamenco (?) night was excellent and you are doing so well friend.

Take care all
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1605994 wrote: G,

good idea but it has been done.....

Collapsible Pocket Pint Glass | IWOOT
            Oh good grief!!! A day late and a dollar short! :H

Cat, great job on your 90 plus days!!
            Look what I found in the prize closet!!!

:crowned:

Great job on your new path....the journey is a lot lighter without the burden of AL! Xo, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening to everyone in the nest. MOVE OVER! OOH, WHO LET ONE? Just kidding. We are all just so snuggly and cozy this evening. Just how I plan on being in a little while. Worked late, hitting the market for some junk food items and to rent a movie. Plan on putting on sweats and eating and sleeping. Love it.

I have to mention.......I actually asked for prayer from an organization when I quit this last time. It's AMAZING what prayer can do. I just wanted strength to get through this but my desire for AL has been taken COMPLETELY away.....in mind and body. WOW! God is absolutely awesome!

Have a great 2014 everyone!

PS-I won't be checking in tomorrow on DAY 7 but I'll be back on Thursday to collect my hat, if you don't mind Bird. See you then.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

All - hope everybody having good time new yeas eve. We are snugging by a fireplace with DH after dinner - getting ready to watch the movie and then wait for the year to end. I got sparkling sider and cake for midnight festivities feeling great and proud for my DH. Tomorrow off to my hot yoga ( I bet you it will be almost empty class and some people will be sitting on the hat resting a lot because of hangovers).
                I wish all nesters Happy New Year!!! May all your wishes come true.
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy New Year All!
                    Raising a glass, (but not drinking, thanks, Byrdie) to a sober 2014 for all. Just past midnight here. Today, I am not drinking, who's with me?
                    Great post Pav!
                    Congrats, Cat, well done!
                    Wishing the best for all.
                    I'm thinking kindness for a New Year's resolution. Feel free to let me know if I slip.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE! Happy new year, my friends! :bday3:
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

We just raised our sparkling sider to 2014! Thank you all and especially Little Beage and Birdlady for all help and support. I would not be here like that without you.
                        AF since 10/20/2013
                        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                        Meat free since 09/20/2008
                        ---------------------------------------
                        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Again, all my best wishes for 2014!

My Dad called me at sparrows' to wish me well - I think he knew he wouldn't be speaking to a hung-over daughter...

Cat, happy dance on your 90 days! Love the life in technicolour. Or Technicolor, since it's a trademark:H

Coffee's burbling away, or whatever coffee does first thing in the morning, so please help yourself. LC should be back in a couple of week's time, so the healthy breakfast service should resume then.

Enjoy a babbelas-free and AF first day of 2014!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy New Year! Day 18 and feeling great! I feel like I owe so much to you all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HNY!!!!!

I AM SOBER.... Congrats to everyone of us

Comment

Newbies Nest

aclassicgirl;1606062 wrote: Happy New Year! Day 18 and feeling great! I feel like I owe so much to you all!
                                We can only support you, Classic - you have to do all the hard work (as you have been). May 2014 be a super year!

Icanwithoutacan;1606064 wrote: HNY!!!!!

I AM SOBER
                                .... Congrats to everyone of us
                                Ican - you just made my heart sing. Glad to see you back to posting here. Have a :cupajoe: and a :l. To twist an old saying around: go on the way you started.
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X