Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Jazi's Mum;1606753 wrote: Hi poppy62. What you said brought to mind this little motto: I do enough; I have enough; I am enough.

Give that some thought - we aren't perfect, not will we ever be, but we can do our best, and BE enough.
    Happy AF day to you. JMum
    I know I'm repeating myself here but there are always new people here so for anyone who struggles with feeling like you don't do, have, or are enough, the work of Brene' Brown can be so helpful.

Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability | Video on TED.com
    Brené Brown: Listening to shame | Video on TED.com
    The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are: Brene Brown: 9781592858491: Amazon.com: Books

Comment

Newbies Nest

GOOD MORNING! WAKE UP! oh, Maybe I'm the last one on here today. Sorry.

Had a great sober NY. Loving my sober life, I can't say anything more than that.

Have a great AF day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chopden welcome here. You have come to the right place for unconditional support and encouragement. Good luck.
        AF since 28 October 2013
        600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters --

I'm off to brave the post New Year mall to return a couple of things. Wish me luck.

Glad to see you triplets found each other - it is great to have some people at the same stage so you can help each other.

Welcome Chopden - you've found a great place. Read as much as you can around here, especially in the tool box (a link at the bottom of many signatures) where you'll read about the idea of forming a real plan for your sobriety.

I miss K9 around here - I know she was sick. Hope you're better, K9, we miss you.

Overit - you sound great. Way to go. Happy sober New Year.

LB - I'm with you - eventually I like a predictable schedule. Glad things are calming down.

All you East Coasters - stay safe in the terrible weather.

I hope everyone is safe and sober on this Jan. 2. Have great days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Folks
            I have been around this forum for a number of years but have never joined the nest. I am committing to posting on a daily basis and I am hoping join you in the nest. It seems like a warm and welcoming place.
            I could use the support. Day 2 for me. It was so nice to wake up with no headache.
            R4L
            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. Just a quick nite....was getting ready this morning and the phone rang. My step daughter's husband had an aortic aneurism and passed away this morning. He was 52. As you can imagine, we are just numb. I was dreading this day because one year ago today I lost my dad. It really makes you think...i can say one thing for sure....thank GOD I am sober. Life is so precious, killing ourselves with AL is nuts. Do whatever it takes to stop and STAY quit!!! You wont regret it. Cherish yourselves and your wonderful life. Xo, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie I am so sorry...so sudden and so young...thinking of you.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Birdie, so sorry. Such tragic losses. Thinking of you today!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

So very sorry for your sudden loss Byrdie.
                    Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers today :l
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Diamond. I hope day 6 is going as well for you as well as it is for me. lets keep in touch on here and help each other out. Good luck!
                      I can beat this.
                      Today is the day I start.
                      1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Chopden. Ive never really done this forum thing before either but its helping me. 6 days in and very determined! Stay strong.
                        I can beat this.
                        Today is the day I start.
                        1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters, check in time.

Byrd so sorry to hear of your loss. Its never easy but so suddenly is such a shock and just a year after your dad also. Big hugs Byrd and i hope your DIL is coping. I dont know what to say really other than we are here for you. xx

FF great 6 days, bet you are feeling good, keep it going, it gets easier and easier.

Today I will not drink
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
                            So sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs and support.
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Byrdie

That is so awful. So very sorry

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, what a tragedy! I am so sorry honey! ((Hugs)). To everyone else - hello!! Today is Day #1 of a 30-60 day (or more) abstaining period.. I'm substituting my AL drinks sitting here with diet ginger ale and a splash of diet cranberry juice. I don't like to have artificial sweeteners, but this is the better option for now - don't you think? Baby steps!

My goal is to moderate one day.. Will I? We'll see. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

My "story" is here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-88660.html
                                "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                                ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X