Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

back at it

New year, new plan, hoping to stick to it. I've decided to try journaling everyday about my triggers and also about the good/positive things going on.
    Today I reread my posts from joining just over a year ago...quit several x's, always relapsed. This is probably worse it's ever been, even the people I drink with are worried. So, ya its only been a few days, and all I want to do is sleep. I know I should go workout. I did a bunch last month, swam and ran everyday at the local rec center I lifeguard(ironic) and teach lessons at. Unfortunately last week I had words with my boss about hours and walked out. dumb, just dumb. Today however he asked me to stay on, he is a good man, a fair person. I just have no umph right now...will this subside? It's been 7 years since I have seen any sort of long term sobriety.
    So I guess any words of advice or encouragement would be beneficial.
    Thanks to all and good luck :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Byrdie...I am so very sorry for you :h Please know I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs and love!! xoxoxo

I am not even going to attempt to catch up around here...so I will just say WELCOME to all the Newbies! We really hope you stick around, we can make 2014 a sober year!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Hi Guys,
        I'm new here but desperately trying to go alcohol free for the new year. It doesn't agree with me and makes me into a person I hate. Hoping all you lovely people will provide me with the support and will power I need to do it!!:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi abetter me...have u checked out the tool box??? Made a plan on things to do and how to handle situations?? Good things to start off with.
          There are lots of helpful folks here so read, read, read and settle in..
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie! Thinking of you today! And sending prayers!
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I too am so sorry for your loss...I am keeping your family in my prayers...

A better me - Welcome! I know its hard but you can do it! You took a big step in coming in here and the people here are so brilliant and kind and you won't regret it.

Im off to bet and will be checking in tomorrow...stay safe and sober everyone...sending strength to all of you.
              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Newbies. MWO will change your life if you let it.
                Hubby and I went to a al anon meeting tonight. Things are so chaotic right now, we need support.
                Have a good night all.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie so sorry for your loss, wishing you peace during this difficult time. Thank you for everything you bring to the nest.
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess I am a newbie, first day here. I posted a thread in this subforum and several people directed me to this thread. I have struggled with alcohol for a few years, 2012 being the worst. I was in pretty severe depression and drinking heavily. 2013 had some good times, but I find myself back in the same hole again mentally. I also see how out of it I am most evenings.

I am trying to pull myself together... and finding myself unable to do so 90% of the time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry for your loss Byrdie.

Welcome to all our new friends! The first few days are rough, but don't let that scare you. Stick with it, each day it does get easier. You'll see a big difference in only a few days. It's totally worth it. 50 days AF so far, and I haven't felt this alive in years. Use this forum to your advantage. Don't be afraid to post, ask questions, share your feelings, fears, concerns, whatever.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Such sad news Byrdie - thinking of you, your stepdaughter and the rest of the family.
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie- so sorry for your loss and definitely thinking of you!

Lots of newbies (I'm a frequent flyer on day 19!) I will make 30 this time

DD I'm so glad to see you back and fighting
                          LB good for going for extra support!!!!
                          Halo hi! Haven't seen you in a while hope all is well

Hopping over to J-vo journal and finally find out where the LOAM thread is

Oh NS- I think it's you - I have been listening and reading Brene brown on your advice: good stuff

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh welcome newbies I forgot to say that..... Stay put.... You can do this

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE to all Nesters,

Firstly, very sorry to hear your sad news, Byrdie. It must be quite a shock. Thinking of you.

Welcome to all the Newbies :welcome:

As others have said, make yourself comfortable; read and post and read and post! The more you post on here, the greater your chances of abstaining from al.

As the weekend approaches, it's a good idea to have a plan of what you're going to do, and how you can minimise your thoughts/exposure to al. Post about it! Good luck!

love, Steady
                              :h
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

I've made lots of coffee - help yourself! (I actually need another mug right now.) I'm going to experiment with making my own vanilla-flavoured coffee - will let you now when I need guinea pigs.

Elvis, you rock! :rockband: .

Better, Muldoon, MntGirl, Running - welcome the the safest and most supportive Nest ever. Speak up when life seems too overwhelming - you'll always find advice and a kind smile here.

FF, DD, WW - let us know how you are doing!

I know I've left out a lot of people - hope all of you are doing well.

I hope you all have your plans for the weekend in place - a weekend is waaaaay too short to waste drinking time on it. Stay close and post if you feel things are slipping out of your control - there will be somebody here to listen and help.

Have a lovely AF Friday, Nesters.
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X