Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family during this hard time. I'm so sorry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick hello to the New Newbies (I am just finishing day 32). Grab a twig and settle in here - there is a lot of wisdom and support here. I recommend checking out the Tool Box (you'll find the link in many signatures around here), and in particular, formulating a plan for staying sober.

If you feel like drinking, post here first about your feelings and there will be someone who can help you through the urge.

All you US East Coasters - stay warm and stay inside! I hope it isn't too bad out there.

Happy sober Thursday (you're so far ahead of me, DTD). Good night (and keep the coffee warm - I'll need a cup in about 8 hours...)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav, for a moment you had me worried that I had the day wrong - these things happen. Your New Newbies made me think that we need a whole taxonomy to classify the Nesters: New Newbies, not-so-new Newbies, Tweenbies, Teenbies - I could go on (but won't).

You are stacking up the AF days, aren't you! They really are the best ones anybody could wish for.
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Dream --

I agree - the best. There is a quote going around Facebook today: "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." So true... I was so afraid of doing "X" sober (Christmas, New Year's, Cards, Dinner party - you name it), and now that I have experienced 32 days FREE, I realize how much that fear was unfounded. Of course, I am a Tweenbie, so I know I am not out of the woods, but I do feel so much better.

Anyway - still Thursday here - have a great Friday! xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Pav, I still remember how afraid I was: in fact, I plastered my Angst all over the boards here. I think that because we worried about situation X and had a plan in place, it was a lot easier to handle, opposed to just being thrown in at the deep end. I'm much more confident these days, but I'm also very careful to make sure that the confidence doesn't turn into complacency. I think it's a thin line - confidence leading to over-confidence leading to complacency leading to a slip. And yes, I mostly still avoid situations where I know AL has the starring role.

Shall we settle for a good Thriday?
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie ..so sorry for your loss:h You are in my thoughts and prayers...stay strong ...but I know you will x
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream do you have any decaf?
                Pav I am so happy for you. You are really kicking al to the curb. As the days add up the sense of accomplishment is so rewarding.
                Welcome all newbies. This is the place to be. Where all the cool kids hang out.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Reporting in from a very snowy portion of the nest but the clouds are moving out & I see some sun moving in. Very, very cold though!!!

Byrdie, thinking of you today friend!

Hello & welcome Newbies!
                  Please settle in & make yourselves comfortable. You each need to make a plan to succeed. Wishing & praying won't get the job done. Go to the Tool box thread & use some of the great ideas there. Sit down & actually write out your plans, it really helps & be sure to cover all your drinking triggers.
                  The most common drinking triggers happen when you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. HALT!
                  Decide ahead of time what you are going to do when these situations pop up. Better yet, try to avoid these situations all together

I'll be spending the day dealing with this near foot of snow that fell here last night - oh boy!!
                  Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mtngirl, Muldoon, abetterme, welcome! I was feeling like you a couple of short months ago, but this place pulled me through it unscathed. Check out the Toolbox for hours on end if you have to and connect with as many folks here as you can. It will make a huge difference in your life, I guarantee it!
                    Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, the weekend is here and after the stress (both good and bad kinds) of the holiday season, it would be easy to think "I did it and I deserve a drink". But what you deserve more is NOT to have one. You deserve the healthier more peaceful life we all can lead if we don't drink. Make your plan and no matter what happens, don't allow yourself the option of drinking. Next Monday, you'll be so glad and proud.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday one and all. Good news for me today but wont be celebrating with a drink !!!. Being af has made my mind so much clearer and my general mood so much brighter ( done nothing for my spelling or grammer though !!). Welcome to all the new members hope you hang around and give yourself the gift and freedom of being af. Its cold and blustery here today but its sunshine in my heart , one happy little Poppy blowing in the wind .
                        AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have made a commitment to my first AF Friday in over a year! I can't wait to wake up and attend a bday party w my kids and not be grumpy w a huge headache! Cheers to THAT!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                            Off to get my hair done, not a K9 cut, but shorter. And I will be a beautiful red head again..
                            A few errands too then home..9F here so not sure if we will go anywhere later today.
                            Happy AF Friday everyone!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie

So sorry to hear the sad news. I am thinking of you.
                              ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

this is my first post in Newbies Nest. I have read quite a few of the posts here and realise that I'm not alone. I don't really have anyone who understands to share this process with so here I am. This is the begining of day 3. Started moderating beginning of December so the withdrawal hasn't been to severe. I have been able to stay sober 5 or 6 days at a time even made it 90 days once. It has all been cold turkey I am afraid to try any meds don't want to trade one addiction for another. I have identified my triggers and do have a plan in place the only part that was missing was an accountabiblty partner sounda like you all will be able to help me with that. Every day that I am sober I know this is what I want sometimes the cravings are just overwhelming.

Comment

Working...
                                X