Clear All

Newbies Nest

((((byrdie))))
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I'm sure it was a rough day for all of you. Take some time for yourself to heal

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Protect your quits. There is absolutely nothing more important.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can't say better - protect your quits!
        Byrdie - big hugs.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1608672 wrote: Evening all. Today was an emotionally draining day. I got nothing to give tonight except get sober no matter what it takes. I cannot imagine how I'd have gotten thru this day if I had still been tied to a bottle. I held it together today. No amount of AL would bring him back. Byrdie
          :l:l:l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you Badger.

Here's some extra thick butt velcro. I strapped extra thick butt velcro to my extra thick head and it seems to have helped.

Pull up a branch and strap yerselves in for the ride Nesters.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night, nest.

Extra hugs for you tonight, Byrdie. Thanks for even taking the time to stop by - if someone cares THAT much, Nesters, the least we can do is listen to the lady...

Back to work for me after a 2 week holiday. I am looking forward to it, but not setting that dang alarm clock.

Hope the quads are getting along. I see DD and FF...

I agree with LB, MntGirl - it is great to hear where people are from.

My team won, Dottie - 49ers (although we have plenty of Packer fans in the family). I don't really watch much football anymore, but it is fun to see your team win.

Stay safe and warm east coasters and mid westerners. I can't believe your brutal weather back there - another 70F day here, with no rain in sight. We'll be flushing the toilets with bath water in no time.

Sleep tight - there's another sober weekend in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS- I miss Gambler. Hope you're having fun with the boys!

And a happy Sonday, DTD.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

We had some rain yesterday - the garden is wet wet wet, and I'm a very happy and sober camper!

Coffee - the real stuff as well as decaf for LB - is ready and waiting to be poured.

You have a good Sonday too, Pav - I see you're still up and about.

Byrdie, just checking in here, when feeling the way you do, says and means so much. :l:l

Chop, our FabFour, Badger, Meshell, Dip, Noodle, River, Tavis and other unnamed Newbies - Mr G has fresh stocks of butt velcro, now in assorted colours to match your outfit - go and grab some!

My cat has just tried to make friends with a squirrel; the squirrel wasn't too keen (wonder why - Giada is such a sweet little kitty:H) and high-tailed it to the safety of a tree.

To all of you going back to work: have a good one. A lovely AF Monday to all!
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady

Hugs to you. I am sure you need them.
                    ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Badger

A much nicer name! How are you going? Hope your weekend was smooth. Pav, DTD, Dipgal, Available, Lav, Guitarista, everyone else (must try to figure out how to name everyone), hope you have all had a great weekend and are facing the great 'back to sanity' day with optimism and excitement for a sober year ahead. Really sorry for everyone in the UK and the US with the terrible weather I've seen on the news - how dreadful, and pretty hot and unpleasant for lots of us in Oz too. Thankfully it's pleasantly warm here and I've been able to get into the garden to continue with the remodelling. Hard work, but satisfying - for all the newbies here, Lav and Byrdie keep on insisting that we must have a plan... just deciding to quit doesn't give us the ability to move on, we need to have strategies to help us get through each day's challenges. I'm so grateful for their advice - it's the best advice, and it's working so far for me. Can't thank them enough, and whilst I can't always practice what I preach for various reasons, just keep checking on here, and post, post, post! We were all where you are.
                      ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 in the bag. Glad to be part of the quad-team, how's the other 3/4 doing? Makes me feel accountable, I like it . ~~~ You know quitting drinking is something I've become good at through practice. I just wonder how do people go from quitting to flipping the switch and saying I don't drink (as in anymore).
                        Well for now I'm distancing myself from AL and am going to stick close here and learn. Thanks to everyone for the collective wisdom.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie :l You give so much to everyone here... :l
                          Hugs and prayers to you and DH on this sad day. :l:h
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
                            As Kradle says, hugs and prayers for you.
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, sending my warmest thoughts and hugs across the waves and the internet.
                              Peace always.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All,
                                Coming back to the nest after falling out of it for a while. I am on day 5 and feeling awesome! I feel like the wine switch has been turned off...I have been trying to fix that wiring for a long time now and I think it finally is working. However, I wanted to reintroduce myself in case I have an electrical surge and the urge to drink comes back. I have found this site very useful in my past attempts to become AF and I appreciate the community and support that is offered here. I value everyone here very much. Thank you for welcoming me in the past and I pray this will be a successful journey for me.
                                Blessed Be
                                -Tree23
                                :earth: Tree23

Comment

Working...
                                X