Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey FF, tonic water is my go-to also! Diet tonic, no sodium, no calories, no sugar, no guilt, no shame! Great with fresh lime poured over crushed ice & served in a fancy crystal glass of course! Today will be day #13 for me. Staying really busy & sleeping so much better. Thanks to all of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1608772 wrote: .

Today i went for a coffee date and it was funny but the one person i noticed was the person with a wine. Could have been 1000 people there and i would have noticed that glass. I just looked at it and thought, good on you that you can drink that, i know i cant. I did not feel sad, i just accepted that that is not me anymore and I hoped he didnt have an al problem.

Good on you Hyper for day 9, have been watching you 4 and its going quick those days.
      Hey Available, seems like that glass of wine found you. Sounds like the 'Call of the Wild'. I'm thinking if you ignore the 'Call' long enough it will morph into background noise. That's what I am looking for~ acceptance of the fact that I don't drink anymore. Initially public appearances where there is AL involved are excruciating. :goodjob: ~~ Thanks for the support & following the 4. I will be looking for Fat fella, Winterwalk & Darkest Diamond. Hope you 3 are doing well AF. Dealing with 10th day handily. Hope work will not stress me..... take care all. Work Your PLAN!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hyper, still going strong here thanks. Good to see you doing well also. Hope DD & WW are ok out there?

Rivergal - diet tonic, lots of ice. Can't beat it. Stay strong.
        I can beat this.
        Today is the day I start.
        1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! Day 5. Feeling great and love following everyone's days/evenings Vvia The Nest. My day was great, so far. It's so nice to take care of my kids w/o a headache and sour stomach. How did I do it like that for a year +? Ugh! Hope y'all are all having positive days. Back to catch up on SOA.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Waving hi to all - on day 5 here and hanging by a thread..

Available – I liked your post about listening to the supporters here who try to convince us that we can’t mod and therefore not even try. You said you wish you’d have listened to them. Ya know, I am sure they are right, but I think there are just some lessons that we need to learn for ourselves. In that way, the lesson will stick.. We have to live it.

Dottie Belle – can I run away with you to that warm place? It was -19 without the windchill this morning.. A balmy -11 now. Maybe Tavistock will want to join us.. ugh – kill me now!

I survived yesterday and my stressful emotions about DH and his tumble down the stairs. Today I still want to drink.. feeling miserable and deprived.. not cravings per se’.. just want a little escape *tingle* from a glass of wine. New abstainers are talking about how wonderfully free and clearheaded they feel and with more energy. I feel none of those things. I feel sad and BLAH. I am sleeping fine though, while others say they aren’t.

Today I am fasting as part of my 5:2 fast diet program, and I guess that doesn’t help my mood. And being kooked up in the house for 3 days straight because of the bitter cold weather, also is a factor. I’m thinkin’ I should have tried this in spring..

I am just feeling sorry for myself. Sorry to be a downer. The first couple of days were kind of exciting that I was doing this.. Then the weekend which I scraped by.. and now it's Monday and not much better. Just feeling very weak-willed.
            "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
            ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters near and not so far,

Hi Dipgal, how is hubby doing? This is just a suggestion, but can the fast diet thing wait till another time? You look to have a lot on your plate, and the less stress the better. Hang in there and just get through this day. Have a read of the toolbox for a recharge/refocus and see if you can get some of your natural spark happening, or even a read back of this inspiring thread. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Take care of yourself friend. Tomorrow is another day. P.S. Day 5! You are doing great.

G bloke. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

DipGal;1609091 wrote:
                Today I am fasting as part of my 5:2 fast diet program, and I guess that doesn?t help my mood.
                Hi, DipGal

I'm all about eating well (and maybe drive some people around here a bit crazy :H) but dieting at the same time you're getting yourself off AL might be just too hard. Hunger is a major drinking trigger for most people so if you're fasting, you might be setting yourself up to cave in and drink. Most people find they need to eat more at the beginning to avoid the cravings for alcohol.

Assuming that drinking is your major problem, getting off AL should be your primary goal and once you're comfortable with that, you could work on diet issues.

All the best - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Dipgal. You'll get through this downer and feel excited again! Just keep reminding yourself why you started this, it seems to work for me when I weaken (which is frequent). One day at a time.
                  I can beat this.
                  Today is the day I start.
                  1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

x-post, Mr. G. I think your advice is excellent :H.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, welcome all new members!
                      DipGal - hope you hubby feels better.
                      Bad evening here for me - DH slipped on Saturday and he slipped today too. When I asked him today if he had a drink he lied again. I can smell it and ll on the end of the rope here. On a brighter side he said that he went to AA meeting and showed me a little yellow book. I don't even know what to do, my faith is running thin.
                      AF since 10/20/2013
                      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                      Meat free since 09/20/2008
                      ---------------------------------------
                      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Myluck...you have to keep believing that you can do this. He may lie but that is on him, you can't control that. Just hang in there...this to shall pass....big hug!
                        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck-I thought he was going to start taking Antabuse?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all

Well really it is the early morning here, half past midnight. Myluck so sorry to hear about your hubby, that must be very worrying, how has his pancreas been recently? Dipgal be kind to yourself, like others have said stopping drinking is a challenge in itself, perhaps you could start the dieting later? Hope your hubby is getting better from his fall. Typing this makes me quite glad I only have myself to look after and am without other half !! (Most of my ex boyfriends were heavy drinkers/alcoholics but the next one is not going to be a drinker. )

Greetings to my quads Fat Fella, Hypernova and Winterwalk. I am watching you following you closely on here in the nice sense!!

Hey Londoner
                            good to see you in the nest!

Hello to all the newbies
                            , this forum has helped and is helping me so much, I hope you find comfort and knowledge here.

Good luck to all Nesters
                            with the working week ahead, tomorrow is my first day back ..... feel nervous as always, very tired too, the holiday has been a roller coaster, feel I have been through the wringer at times but also had moments of real hope, glimpses of a great life ahead!
                            New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis , you should put your post in the Tool Box, that is just the stuff that folks need to read when they are searching for a way out. I hope you will consider doing that.

Everyone, hang in there. Try and change your mindset. This is not deprivation this is survival! A few days of discomfort is a pretty small price to pay for getting out of this prison. If you had a bad day today, tomorrow will be better... I never had 2 bad days in a row. You must stick to this so you never have to do it again. Just reread Elvis' post. He is happy and free!! Try to leave the pity party and thank your stars you are breaking free of this monster!

And yes, we WERE that bad and we ARE alcoholics. Accepting that little tidbit will take you a long way!

Stay safe tonight and velcro yourselves in! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I certainly do not feel "deprived" feel relieved to be free of alcohol and excited about the future!
                                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X